For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
There has been intermittent discussion regarding Terok Nor and the wisdom of the eratta for Ruling Council. I want to preface my question by saying I am not looking to reopen that debate here.

It has been argued that there is really only one effective build for Terok Nor and that it revolves around delimma pile reduction with War of Attrition and Undermined Defenses and supporting cards. My question, relizing that success is always at least partly determined by the meta: have any [TN] players found success in other builds? For example, I had a little success with an attack build relying on No Escape but it really relies on the element of surprise.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Skrain Dukat wrote:There has been intermittent discussion regarding Terok Nor and the wisdom of the eratta for Ruling Council. I want to preface my question by saying I am not looking to reopen that debate here.

It has been argued that there is really only one effective build for Terok Nor and that it revolves around delimma pile reduction with War of Attrition and Undermined Defenses and supporting cards. My question, relizing that success is always at least partly determined by the meta: have any [TN] players found success in other builds? For example, I had a little success with an attack build relying on No Escape but it really relies on the element of surprise.
I think that if your area isn't running TCS, then you have an easier time, especially if they aren't using TCS. Most everyone in the deck is cheap, you can solve most of your missions with 5 or less and you'll have Ruling Council to provide multiple attempts. You don't have to mill if you don't want to in order to succeed with Terok Nor in my opinion.

Michael

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I've had success with this Terok Nor build. It does have some dilemma mill in it (Kira Nerys, Gruding Ally, Revok and Rayva - though I rarely trigger the Vorta), but just enough to get a target for Untapped Influence and Edan'Atal. The goal of the deck is to deny your opponent key skills (Medical, Science, Law and Archaeology) through a combination of dilemmas and recurring Weyoun, Dominion Representative to make your dilemmas hit hard. Depending on your opponent's deck, the 1-cost Persistent dilemmas may filter for the Flare of Rage and Frozen by Fear, or they may get kills of their own. In order to pilot this deck correctly, you must know at all times who your opponent has in play so that you can name the correct personnel with Weyoun.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I've played around with making a Terok Nor Capture deck, since they have access to both Trap Is Sprung and Clandestine Kidnapping for cheap captive acquisition. My idea was to go for a quick two mission win while also being able to lean harder on the capturing if the game goes long. I think it would perhaps be better to focus on either the quick and dirty two mission deck, or go all-in on capture and use a kill pile to really grind up the opponent's counters.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]