For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
So I started trying to build a Khan deck in preparation for some of the new toys coming out in Crichton (details soon!).

They have some cool tricks like the downloads, Udar, easy access to Sabotaged Transporter and Staffer Sisko. However...

My basic question is this: how do I get these guys to solve missions? It seems like it's really easy to 1-stop them on basically every attempt.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
DJstormtrooper wrote:So I started trying to build a Khan deck in preparation for some of the new toys coming out in Crichton (details soon!).

They have some cool tricks like the downloads, Udar, easy access to Sabotaged Transporter and Staffer Sisko. However...

My basic question is this: how do I get these guys to solve missions? It seems like it's really easy to 1-stop them on basically every attempt.
Have they ever won a tournament? Just curious.

TK
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Bosskamiura wrote:
DJstormtrooper wrote:So I started trying to build a Khan deck in preparation for some of the new toys coming out in Crichton (details soon!).

Have they ever won a tournament? Just curious.

TK
Four people have the win with Khan achievement -

https://www.trekcc.org/achievements/ind ... evelID=753

Michael

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Sent You a PM Tyler.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
DJstormtrooper wrote:My basic question is this: how do I get these guys to solve missions? It seems like it's really easy to 1-stop them on basically every attempt.
Perhaps a new Khan with Leadership x2 and Bridge Officers Test is the solution?
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I'd love to see more personnel variety. The #1 reason it's relatively easy to stop Khan and Kompany is because the small pool of personnel is easy to track. Doubly so when they're stuck at their first planet mission.

More Khan personnel, please.

By Ashbey (Anastasia Kalashnikova)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
IMHO, they need some way to attempt their first mission with several teams, maybe some event like Emergency Evacuation.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
jjh wrote:I'd love to see more personnel variety. The #1 reason it's relatively easy to stop Khan and Kompany is because the small pool of personnel is easy to track. Doubly so when they're stuck at their first planet mission.

More Khan personnel, please.
Johnny's got it right, we need more Augments! As one of the more active (fairly enough anyways) players who plays Khan decks as one of my favorites, the new stuff is quite good, but, the 'affiliation' / 'faction' needs a good bit more to truly be competitive.

In searching Memory Alpha, here's the personnel that could certainly be developed over the next few years... (if the name is in parenthesis, then, it's the actor/stunt performer who played the role)

from Space Seed:
Rodriguez
Suzette Ling
Joan Johnson (may be one of the uncredited females on the AI of Artificial Ability)
five guys with MA images, and the two women from AA

from Wrath of Khan:
Joachim
Mas'ud
Sarod
Wajahut
(Tim Culbertson)
(Pam Bennett)
(Ann Chatterton)
(Brett Baxter Clark)
(Nanci Rogers)

from Cold Station 12/The Augments:
Lokesh
Saul
Jaya
Yavar
(Angela Meryl)
(Jonathan Kuhns)
(Trey Murphy)
(unknown actor - with image)

and from The Masterpiece Society:
Matthew
and many other colonists of Moab IV (images aplenty on MA)

I've certainly got a lot of ideas on different things that could potentially help the affiliation/faction truly compete. I would think Nick Yankovec (the original designer), myself, and any others who've played TRiH/Khan more than five times since Unnatural Selection's release could certainly provide a perspective that should be tapped.

???

-Matthew

By Damulak (Stuart Motley)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Second Runner-Up 2021
So I gave this a go for worlds thinking that there was going ro be a lot of 5SV (there wasn't lol)and finished day one with 4 mod wins and 3 losses. Not enough to qualify.

Despite really enjoying playing the deck, after a few rounds I thought there's a few flaws here. Many of many concerns are already listed above. I don't think it needs a lot to be really competitive. Udar took so many Rogue Borgs that it just wasn't an ambush anymore. It was too easy Secret identity or Caretaker Guest Silik out the way to leave skill gaps for walls.

Afterthoughts:
Maybe needs a specific event or interrupt to gain a skill?
And probably only one more personel -
[NA] Jonathan Archer Augment Test Subject
Ability being a variant on the Starfleet versions already out there? Or discard a GE to exclude a GE from a random selection?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Has anyone tried using the Tykk to get Breen into this deck after CAV is complete?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
So I started using these guys with three copies of Tampering with Time. I'm getting the feeling that that card is key to making them work. It's an easy way to stop Khan or Joachim so they don't get killed/captured and it lets you put all the garbage space dilemmas back on top so they can actually solve. You have to be prepared to kill their Alvera Tree Ritual, but that's not an impossible task.

By the way, I think this faction should be colloquially referred to as G-Eazy.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Hoyt Rouse wrote:Still can't get these guys to complete the mission!
You and me both, brother.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]