For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey, I finally got one of my good friends to get interested in trying out 2E and he is really interested in the idea of a Borg deck based around dissent. I haven't ever seen anyone play that kind of deck before, and could use some advice on how to build him one/help him build one. I've found this attempt and get what its going for and how it is supposed to work, but it placed 11th and is the only publicly available desk-list for it and may not be typical of most Borg dissent decks.

Any advice on how to go about doing this if he really wants to play as rogue Borg? Thanks.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Yeah, that deck was designed to drop 30-40 Borg in a single turn. It's tons of fun, but I've only been able to play three games with it. If I could work Ohhhh! Nothing Happened! into and get rid of my opponent's Timescapes then it could be really dangerous.

For a more "traditional" Dissident Borg deck, check out this old Ben Hosp deck. It probably needs updating, but would be a good place to start.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
DJstormtrooper wrote:Yeah, that deck was designed to drop 30-40 Borg in a single turn. It's tons of fun, but I've only been able to play three games with it. If I could work Ohhhh! Nothing Happened! into and get rid of my opponent's Timescapes then it could be really dangerous.

For a more "traditional" Dissident Borg deck, check out this old Ben Hosp deck. It probably needs updating, but would be a good place to start.
How is this supposed to work?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=26828

Above is how I did it but here's how it works -

1) Get the Sphere 117 into play (there's three direct ways to get the ship.)
2) Your opponent goes out and attempts a space mission, thereby having a ship away from their HQ.
3) Play The New Resistance which has the following text (BTW, multiple ways to get this card into hand as well) -

To play this event, your opponent must command a ship at a non-headquarters mission. Plays in your core. When you play a Dissident personnel, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a Dissident, you may play him or her at cost -3.

Since your ship makes all your Borg drones Dissident (including the ones in your deck), you can play a personnel from your hand and then flip the top card of your deck which, unless it's the Christening from my deck, it'll be a Borg personnel which is a dissident so you can play them for -3 cost, then do it again and again and again until your deck is empty with all of your people into play except the ones in your hand.

It's silly fun.

Michael

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The only time the chain stops is if the top card is an event, ship or a unique personnel you already have in play.

A Few Minor Difficulties can hurt the deck - until you can destroy it.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
The New Resistance may be flashy, but if you don't want to rely on that combo you can play Borg Dissidents straight. Seven of Nine, Annika boosts attributes on all your personnel, and you can still use Computation Drone and Opposition Drone. Use Borg space missions, and you can get even higher with Queen's Borg Sphere, Contingency Vessel. Unimatrix Zero makes all of your unique personnel (which should be most of your personnel) Alternate Universe, so Standard Punishment can boost them even higher. If you get everything going, you can actually complete Assault on Species 8472 with just Seven of Nine, B'Elanna Torres, Mostly Assimilated and Tuvok, Mostly Assimilated... aboard the right ship with three copies of Standard Punishment. (That combo was better when Three of Nine, Tactician Drone could infinitely recur the Standard Punishments, so I wouldn't necessarily make it your goal, but still something to keep in your back pocket.)

EDIT: You know, I started this post thinking this method of playing Borg Dissidents is simpler than using The New Resistance. Now that I see how many cards I linked, maybe not.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Less gimmicky by a mile though.

A big problem I ran into when trying to 'teach' this deck is that shoving out your entire deck in a turn tends to rub people like my friend the wrong way. He ended up being more interested in Klingons due to that and some other mechanical issues, but if he shows further interest I'll be sure to let him know about your idea for a more 'normal' dissident Borg deck.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation