For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Okay, I got started on the Undercover Klingon deck, but didn't finish. I'm thinking Arne Darvin will actually function better than Martok Founder for this purpose.
jadziadax8 wrote:Romulan brainwashing with the new green Tain.
I'll do Romulan capture, but not brainwashing. Taking the personnel out of my brig seems like a step backwards.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:Eversince I realized that Martok Founder has the Infiltrator keyword, I'm trying to set up All-Out War in a [Kli] battle deck fueled by the counters of Undercover Resource.
Let's see if you can beat me to the punch.
It was unfortunately ruled (IMO incorrectly) that Set Up only allows you to choose one selection during a random selection involving multiple selections. Your combo would be awesomely thematic, otherwise.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
monty42 wrote:Eversince I realized that Martok Founder has the Infiltrator keyword, I'm trying to set up All-Out War in a [Kli] battle deck fueled by the counters of Undercover Resource.
It was unfortunately ruled (IMO incorrectly) that Set Up only allows you to choose one selection during a random selection involving multiple selections.
Was that a global ruling? If you're trying to set up during a dilemma I would agree, but I would argue that it would work with All Out War specifically BECAUSE you're not facing a dilemma.

I think that's called the Ro Laren precedent, or if it isn't it should be.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Naetor wrote:
It was unfortunately ruled (IMO incorrectly) that Set Up only allows you to choose one selection during a random selection involving multiple selections. Your combo would be awesomely thematic, otherwise.
Now that you point that out, I remembered there was something going on with this a while back.
Damn, I was looking to play that deck this weekend :(

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
When this event's text is used on a random selection involving more than one personnel, the player using Set Up chooses one personnel to be included in the selection, then the remainder of that random selection occurs as usual (multiple copies would each select one personnel to be included). A random selection that chooses more than one personnel is executed as a single action; Set Up triggers before any selections are made.
See this is one of the times where I read a ruling over and over again and it just doesn't make sense to me.
What's the difference between "a random selection involving more than one personnel" and "A random selection that chooses more than one personnel is executed as a single action"?

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:
When this event's text is used on a random selection involving more than one personnel, the player using Set Up chooses one personnel to be included in the selection, then the remainder of that random selection occurs as usual (multiple copies would each select one personnel to be included). A random selection that chooses more than one personnel is executed as a single action; Set Up triggers before any selections are made.
See this is one of the times where I read a ruling over and over again and it just doesn't make sense to me.
What's the difference between "a random selection involving more than one personnel" and "A random selection that chooses more than one personnel is executed as a single action"?
It's a bad ruling, in part because personnel is the plural of personnel. It's an example of 2e English =/= English.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Paging Rules Mistress Amber.

You're needed in the deckbuilding thread.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Paging Rules Mistress Amber.

You're needed in the deckbuilding thread.
I think when this was ruled it was discussed pretty openly in a forum post. I want to say it had to do a pretty brutal combo Kevin Jaeger built that was ultimately ruled against him as part of this ruling, and that the ruling felt more against that combo than generally how Set Up should work. I may be making this all up though?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
As far as I remember the ruling was triggered by this deck.
It was released shortly after that event.
I was there that day. Tobias made some pretty good mass kills with Whisper & Tsiolkovsky. At some point someone questioned whether Set Up let him choose one or all three. The discussion was pretty heated I remember. Eventually the TD ruled he could choose only one.
I thought it was a bad call back then. Still do.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
It actually worked quite well.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I know I've not updated this thread in a while, but I'm focusing on building decks for Atlanta Regionals. I've narrowed it down to four possibilities, so I figure by the 30th I'll have scrapped those four ideas and gone with something else entirely.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]