For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By paulsbk
 -  
Hi, I live in the UK and recently purchased the four Star Trek CCG 2E sealed starter decks from eBay:

Gowran and Klingons
Shinzon and Romulans
Sisko and Deep Space 9
Picard and Federation

From what I understand, these were the only starter decks made for 2E.

I would like to construct the following as additional starter decks:

Archer and Star Fleet
Kirk and Federation
Janeway and Voyager
Borg Queen and Borg

I would be most appreciative of any help as to what should be included in these decks.
I will then have to hunt down the cards.

Many thanks in advance.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Hey Paul,

Firstly, welcome to the site.

Secondly, I'm in the UK too. Whereabouts are you?

And thirdly, there were two other starter decks made:
  • A Borg Queen and Borg one
  • A Founder Leader and Dominion one
They're from the Call to Arms expansion.
calltoarms.jpg
calltoarms.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 8963 times

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello, Paul!

... So, welcome. 8)

Are you mainly a 2E (Second Edition) player? And aside from that, please feel free to tell us something about yourself and your game experiences / preferences, e.g. in this topic; or about your other ("non-nerd"?) hobbies, here.

And here is a "STCCG 101" article to get you started with some FAQs -- but perhaps you knew all that already. :) Well, in any case, have a good time here.

Personally, I'd also be interested in your opinions on these nice topics (none of my making): your favourite most-1E-like card (and why) and top 5 cards; and any "nerdy" non-card items you own.

And for some quick laughs, go here (and multiply).

On the boards you can find various general rules questions threads for all 3 games (like this, for my favourite: 1E/First Edition), and via the Players / Region sections of the website you can find other players in your area. You can update your own location via Tournaments and Update Profile.

:cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Forum member Linkan has also designed a number of starter decks using all virtual cards. These decks are in the process of being update, but you can find their current versions here.

Also, there are 2E players in London and Grimsby, though I understand those might both be a bit of a haul for you. Looking at the player map, I spy Gumbo, who is an active player, in Bristol. I don't know if that's true, since he runs the tourneys in London, but that is much closer to Wales.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]