For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

What Should I Build?

Goraxus and Rovaran
31%
New Locutus
15%
Kraxon Mill
8%
Bajoran Tommy Gun
No votes
0%
Terok Nor Cunning Engagements
15%
Klim Dokachin and Wolf 359
23%
Provocative Levity
8%
Something Else (please specify)
No votes
0%

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I've got a tournament coming up on 10/19. I want to show off some of the new Sacrifice of Angels cards, and I can't decide which decks to make (I'm making two - one for myself and one for a newer player). Should I play...

-Romulans with Goraxus, Rovaran and Life-Changing Encounter to keep triggering their abilities?
-Locutus with Borg Cutting Beam and assimilation?
-Kraxon mill?
-Bajorans with Tommy Gun (and Razka Karn) supplementing The Stone of Gol and Varon-T Disruptor?
-Terok Nor Cunning with Dark Dissension, the new Kai Winn and Delta Pavonis?
-Federation Wolf 359 with Klim Dokachin to get back the Enterprise after the mission and La Forge to keep Weapons even if the Enterprise gets damaged?
-Provocative Levity just so I can keep saying the "I'm laughing at the superior intellect" line over and over again?
-Something else (please let me know what!)?
Last edited by GooeyChewie on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote:I've got a tournament coming up on 10/19. I want to show off some of the new Sacrifice of Angels cards, and I can't decide which decks to make (I'm making two - one for myself and one for a newer player). Should I play...

-Romulans with Goraxus, Rovaran and Life-Changing Encounter to keep triggering their abilities?
-Locutus with Borg Cutting Beam and assimilation?
-Kraxon mill?
-Bajorans with Tommy Gun (and Razka Karn) supplementing The Stone of Gol and Varon-T Disruptor?
-Terok Nor Cunning with Dark Dissension, the new Kai Winn and Delta Pavonis?
-Federation Wolf 359 with Klim Dokachin to get back the Enterprise after the mission and La Forge to keep Weapons even if the Enterprise gets damaged?
-Provocative Levity just so I can keep saying the "I'm laughing at the superior intellect" line over and over again?
-Something else (please let me know what!)?
Poll?

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote:Poll?
I figured I'd pick based on the best argument, not just sheer numbers. But I can add a poll as well.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
bhosp wrote:Provocative Levity is a Design Fail because the one deck it’ll basically never work on is Khan decks
I CHANGED MY MIND THIS SET IS TERRIB
*thinks about how to make that work*
*gets new idea*

Okay, I'm voting for the Levity option with Captain on the Bridge with Doc Brown and the Federation Qel'poh, so if my opponent leaves the ship empty I can steal it and if they leave it staffed I can move and shoot it.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I hesitate to point this out to you but it’s probably easier to get a [TOS] [Cmd] into play at Qo’noS (Clark Terrell, that Archaeology Commander mission, treaty/profound discovery)
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:-Something else (please let me know what!)?
Divided We Fall.

Deep Space Nine as your Headquarters with Far Beyond the Stars' Enterprise and Captain on the Bridge to get a bunch of extra dooders, one of whom is the new Geordi, out. Combine the DS9/Bajoran tricks with the neat tricks TNG has to offer, at least in a deck that doesn't have a headquarters they can report to.

Bonus points if you attempt a mission with an equal number of TNG and DS9 Dooders.

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:Deep Space Nine as your Headquarters with Far Beyond the Stars' Enterprise and Captain on the Bridge to get a bunch of extra dooders, one of whom is the new Geordi, out. Combine the DS9/Bajoran tricks with the neat tricks TNG has to offer, at least in a deck that doesn't have a headquarters they can report to.
Far Beyond the Stars' Enterprise? Wait, what?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Cmdr Xym wrote:
Faithful Reader wrote:Deep Space Nine as your Headquarters with Far Beyond the Stars' Enterprise and Captain on the Bridge to get a bunch of extra dooders, one of whom is the new Geordi, out. Combine the DS9/Bajoran tricks with the neat tricks TNG has to offer, at least in a deck that doesn't have a headquarters they can report to.
Far Beyond the Stars' Enterprise? Wait, what?
Yeah there's a [DS9] Enterprise-D now. You miss that memo?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote:Yeah there's a [DS9] Enterprise-D now. You miss that memo?
I assumed Joe was commenting on the naming convention. The DS9-D is not from FBTS.

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
I assumed Joe was commenting on the naming convention. The DS9-D is not from FBTS.
No, I did not miss that memo. (eye roll)

Danny got it right.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Cmdr Xym wrote:
Danny wrote:
No, I did not miss that memo. (eye roll)

Danny got it right.
It's not from the FBTS Episode, but it IS from the FBTS expansion.

I call Ross out for his inaccurate posts as much as anyone, but in this case he's not wrong.

Also, if you want to roll your eyes at me, there's an emoji for that:

:roll:
Code: Select all
:roll:
You're welcome. :wink:

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]