For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Pazuzu wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:33 am I never player 2E, so excuse the stupid question, but what are starting people and ship?
In this Bridge Crew Format, each player can start with a ship and up to 7 personnel in play to begin with based on the printed cost of their two missions divided by 3 (rounding up) So, for this deck, I start with the following in play -

Starting people and ship -

Cosette

Cal Hudson
Davidson x3
Michael Eddington
Niles
Wasaka

I hope this helps,
Michael
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Edit: sorry, I posted this deck without any commentary and then I had to go to work before I could do it.

Here goes:

I'm creating a few threads on some decks that came out of the BCF v12.5 public playtest (really MVB's diabolical deck building science).

The idea is to get community input on how to manage the problems he identified.

This deck has a crew on turn 1 or 2 that can dodge any random selections while interfering with your opponent with stalling for time and Shankar and has a decent chance of getting SRR out to prevent Dereliction of Duty.

Is that too good? I do expect the power levels to be high in BCF, since you start the game with a team that you would only pull together at the end of the game in standard. That's part of why the game can be shorter.

Maybe SRR is a problem? Your crew are sitting ducks if your opponent has Dereliction of Duty, but then they have to be willing to put another dilemma under. If you can prevent DoD, that option goes away.

How else can you deal with this? I expect verbs that affect mission attempts to be crucial in BCF, both positively and negatively. What possibilities are there?
Last edited by Fritzinger on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I solitaired through this one and I think I'm willing to let everything be until the next playtest. It was pretty fun and easy to play :).

I ran out of Wakasa fuel in my hand and it took 5-6 attempts to solve everything. Stalling for Time, Biogenic Weapon and Shankar might claw back enough time to win. Given how easy it was to play them, maybe there is something more degenerate that revolves around the stalling... that's worth keeping an eye on.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
All those if you command X Y missions guys- who are already OP in standard- are even more OP in this format since you need to rely on big turns on your Supply turn (which they do) and the mission restriction is barely one in this format since you have more freedom over their choice because you don't have to rely on a 3rd giving you 100.

Shankar is a bitch because he not only loses your a hand, he loses you a turn.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
willraiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 am A meta option for someone with a crew of "you can't randomly select my guys":

Setting the Stage
Limited Welcome
Fractured Time

I put these in my back pocket when Racist Starfleet launched, in case it ever got big. Tragically, I have never seen Terra Prime Forever in play.
Holy freaking shirtballs... does that work??? You can't randomly select them so they fall in the "other group" even if there are less than 9 personnel total?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 am
willraiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 am A meta option for someone with a crew of "you can't randomly select my guys":

Setting the Stage
Limited Welcome
Fractured Time

I put these in my back pocket when Racist Starfleet launched, in case it ever got big. Tragically, I have never seen Terra Prime Forever in play.
Holy freaking shirtballs... does that work??? You can't randomly select them so they fall in the "other group" even if there are less than 9 personnel total?
Yep. Works on Non-Aligned Tosk as well.

Michael

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021

Setting the Stage
Limited Welcome
Fractured Time

Good catch, although this would only let you scoop the Davidsons in this instance - Wakasa's exclusion text is optional, so his owner will probably let him and another be selected by such a dilemma. Davidson's text, OTOH, is mandatory.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation