For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I’ve been getting back into the game after many years off. I’ve never really played Federation before so I decided to make a Voyager deck. I’m especially unsure about what to do with dilemma piles since I haven’t really played against anyone. My thought process there is that since Voyager seems to be speed oriented structuring the dilemma pile around making the opponents mission attempts take longer would have good synergy.

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index ... 1442d52270

Amy suggestions on what to do next? Either with the deck or how to start transitioning back into playing real games with other people.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Welcome!

That’s a pretty solid deck there, actually. One card you may want to consider for the draw deck is Emergency Evacuation, which will allow you to have smaller crews later on for those mission attempts and hold back some personnel for Homeward Bound.
I would include a couple of copies of Skeleton Crew in the dilemma pile. I also like Chula: the Chandra and Intimidation for attrition piles. Finally, I personally would not have 2x Overindulgence, but otherwise it’s good.

Where are you located? There may be a play group near you.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:42 pm Welcome!

That’s a pretty solid deck there, actually. One card you may want to consider for the draw deck is Emergency Evacuation, which will allow you to have smaller crews later on for those mission attempts and hold back some personnel for Homeward Bound.
I would include a couple of copies of Skeleton Crew in the dilemma pile. I also like Chula: the Chandra and Intimidation for attrition piles. Finally, I personally would not have 2x Overindulgence, but otherwise it’s good.

Thanks for the Emergency Evacuation suggestion! Not sure how I missed that.

I am in central Virginia, so Richmond and Norfolk area are ideal, but Washington DC and even Baltimore are doable too. I checked the map and most of the registered players around don't seem to have been active in many years. There is an active poster in Richmond who replied to a post I made a couple of months ago, but I get that especially then COVID meant not much would be happening.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
abargar7510 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:44 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:42 pm Welcome!

Thanks for the Emergency Evacuation suggestion! Not sure how I missed that.

I am in central Virginia, so Richmond and Norfolk area are ideal, but Washington DC and even Baltimore are doable too. I checked the map and most of the registered players around don't seem to have been active in many years. There is an active poster in Richmond who replied to a post I made a couple of months ago, but I get that especially then COVID meant not much would be happening.
Yeah and also many of the local game stores don’t have space for running events outside their own atm also :-(

I’m just finishing moving and have a bar mitzvah for my second oldest in September so I am severely itching and hoping to get a weekend of trek gaming planned for October or maybe even a holiday weekend. However august might be calm for some random meeting up. I’ll be in touch soon

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I’d that doesn’t work out, there is always online play. Anyways, welcome back! :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah and also many of the local game stores don’t have space for running events outside their own atm also :-(

I’m just finishing moving and have a bar mitzvah for my second oldest in September so I am severely itching and hoping to get a weekend of trek gaming planned for October or maybe even a holiday weekend. However august might be calm for some random meeting up. I’ll be in touch soon
Awesome, sounds good, look forward to hearing from you!

I’d that doesn’t work out, there is always online play. Anyways, welcome back! :cheersL:
So how do I actually go about doing that? I downloaded Lackey and have been experimenting with playing against myself. The controls seem a little clunky but I imagine with practice it becomes a little more natural. And then once I'm ready to play live what do I do? Is there a specific something I need to be on the lookout for that has schedule/login info?

Sorry for all the questions...

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
No problem. In my forum signature you'll see invite links to Discord servers. 99% of my pick up games have been at the Dojo Server, and that is also where the monthly Dojo tournaments are held (in addition to their threads on the forums here).

If you want a pick up or learning game online you can ask for one in the Dojo's #scheduling channel or through pms, and if you want to play in an online tournament you can register for ones held online on this site and then go and play and report your matches in the relevant Dojo channel for it.

If you need any practical help in managing Lackey or how to take part in an online tournament, I'd be more than happy to help you out if we're online at the same time.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm No problem. In my forum signature you'll see invite links to Discord servers. 99% of my pick up games have been at the Dojo Server, and that is also where the monthly Dojo tournaments are held (in addition to their threads on the forums here).

If you want a pick up or learning game online you can ask for one in the Dojo's #scheduling channel or through pms, and if you want to play in an online tournament you can register for ones held online on this site and then go and play and report your matches in the relevant Dojo channel for it.

If you need any practical help in managing Lackey or how to take part in an online tournament, I'd be more than happy to help you out if we're online at the same time.
Thank you! I think I am signed up for the Discord, and I'll try to get playing in hopefully not too short order!
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]