For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By PK of VA
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I've been working on a deck for a little while that I believe works fairly well but I wanted to toss it out here to see what others think since I havent seen it played. It uses all the high cost TNG dudes plus a few others and events that reduce cost. The real trick is in using Temba, His Arms Wide and Enterprise-E in combination with VIP Welcome and One Man Can Summon the Future to gain an insane number of free (or nearly free) personnel each turn. Here's the deck:

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... eckID=3075

So after getting set up a bit you should be returning 4-6 events to your hand every turn, then play them all for free or close to it at the start of your turn, thereby not allowing your opponent to benefit from any of them (or destroy them). Then, when you play a personnel cost 4+ DIA says they play free, OMCStF lets you rearrange the top or your deck, VIP Welcome lets you draw what you just put on top, Temba #1 lets him play for cost -3 and draw what you put next, Temba #2 repeat, Temba #3 repeat, return events to hand and end the turn. This gives you potentially up to 16 extra counters played every turn (5 from DIAx3, 9 from Tembax3, 4 from VIP) and gives your opponent nothing in return.

That being said, the deck is not streamlined as i would like, and sometimes takes a bit to start off. I have had test attempts where every personnel was in play on turn 7 with a perfect (that is, pre-selected) draw, but often im searching for events. It also dies to Voyager for obvious reasons. If anyone has suggestions on how to make this more reliable I'd love to hear them. Also if anyone can figure out a way to work Shared Problems into this deck that would be awesome :)

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
ah, yes. thanks danny.

this is an interesting possibility. i've never seen this mechanic played before. it would be good to actually see the deck.

By PK of VA
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
sorry about that, i was sure i had made it public prior to posting, must have made another deck public by mistake.
eberlems wrote:Do you have something in the deck to get ride of A Few Minor Difficulties?
There are a few ways, aside from completing a mission which would not be preferable. First you could reserve Guinan as insurance against it, and second there is Luther Sloan who has more than enough fuel to burn some events, then of course you can play him free next turn with Temba and keep destroying events. Sloan is also great once most of the personnel are in play since you have a pile of mostly useless events left for him to work with.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Sounds like a good idea, I'd love to see what it does in action.

By Atlbravesfn3 (Nic Brautigam)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Has anyone played this deck or anything similar? i've wanted to make a similar deck for a while now

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The big issue I can see is that the awesome combo isbeaten way to readily by a few unexpected difficulties. Against any deck that uses 2 or 3 cheap events, you're never going to be able to get your Temba back.

Awesome deck though, been wanting to see somthing done with the help everyone TNG cards for a long time now.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Shanebrier wrote:The big issue I can see is that the awesome combo isbeaten way to readily by a few unexpected difficulties.
Or even A Few Minor Difficulties. :)

I've played similar Ent-E bouncing for cheaper personnel decks in the past. It's harder than you might think to get out enough Diplomacy personel to bounce, and since you have to stop them all the time you really don't get ahead much. You also have to discard cards from hand all the time because you return so many events to your hand, hurting your counter advantage a little (side note, I think you really only need one Temba, not 3). This kind of deck can get out a ton of expensive personnel after a lot of turns, but it is terrible in a race, and at the end of the day a lot of your personnel are expensive but not that useful. Against any top tier solver it will easily lose by two or three turns.

By PK of VA
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I've tried this deck a few times since posting - updating, streamlining etc. It's fun, but it's not competitive for all the reasons zodojats points out and many more. When you really get down to it the biggest issue is what he pointed out in the last post, the personnel just aren't all that useful despite their cost, plus it's not fast enough and has no way of slowing an opponent enough to make the late-game point advantage a big enough deal. Also, The Dreamer will make you cry :P

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'd like to see this add a Desperate Sacrifice or Crystalline Entity + Oneupsmanship to clear out events before you start trying to bounce your Tembas.

But yeah, I might vamp on this idea, considering my long history of love for expensive TNG decks… thanks for posting.
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Atlbravesfn3 wrote:Has anyone played this deck or anything similar? i've wanted to make a similar deck for a while now
The first real deck that I constructed since coming back to STCCG was a deck that was similar but did not key off of the Ent-E's event manipulation. The problem I had with my deck and the problem that I (and others it seems) see in this deck is getting the system of cost reduction started and the need for a lot of streamlining. Maybe I missed some nuance, but it seems to me that unless you get the [AU] Jean-Luc early, the deck would have to really slog through the starting turns to find all the parts for the draw engine.
PK of VA wrote:the personnel just aren't all that useful despite their cost
I just can't agree with this. High cost TNG peeps walk through a ton of dilemmas. Back them up with Security Drills and they are hard to stop.
Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Keywords are written in lore, not implied Exc[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]