For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 1064 posts

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
SudenKapala wrote:Someone will come along shortly who'll have a good idea, I'm sure. :) Or... think harder.
Someone already did come along with a good idea (me). You're the one that made it harder with your edition caveat.

If you want just 1E cards, might I recommend starting a similar thread for exactly that?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala, corrected, wrote:Up next:
A ❖ unnamed, formerly female, Borg drone for First Edition. (2e was already done above! :thumbsup: )
[Bor] ❖ Four of Four
[SCD] [1E-DQ]
Identification: SURVEILLANCE DRONE
:wink:

Task: Assess returning drones scouting telemetry. Evaluate.
Biological Distinctiveness: Humanoid
• SECURITY • Computer Skill •Where present, your SECURITY-classification Borg are each CUNNING +1. (Cumulative.)
Integrity: 5 Cunning: 6 Strength: 5
Did I do that right?

For you: 2284 (Any edition, it's up to you.)
Last edited by Danny on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The way I see it -- I mucked up my first request by not asking for 1e; and you made a great-looking 2e card. :)
Then, I waited for inspiration through a few requests that I couldn't meet -- and when I "finally" got a break, I placed a completely legit new request, for a similar card but 1e.

I don't always request 1e cards. (But when I do...) I don't often place requests, in general! So to me, it seems that you should have some patience... :wink: And let others solve a problem if you can't... :)

Before you did Final Decision, this topic hung for almost a month. To me it seems rather extreme if because one request is "hard" for less than a day, it should be (re)moved. :twocents:

But, oh well. I guess we could split up the topics; 1e vs 2e. :shifty: Not a fan of that division, I thought it was nice to come in contact with 2e cards also, here, but you seem adamant.

Oh -- I see you made one! :) Let's read it...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala, corrected, wrote:Up next:
A ❖ unnamed, formerly female, Borg drone for First Edition. (2e was already done above! :thumbsup: )
Danny wrote: [Bor] ❖ Four of Four
[SCD] [1E-DQ]
Identification: SURVEILLANCE DRONE
:wink:

Task: Assess returning drones scouting telemetry. Evaluate.
Biological Distinctiveness: Humanoid
• SECURITY • Computer Skill •Where present, your SECURITY-classification Borg are each CUNNING +1. (Cumulative.)
Integrity: 5 Cunning: 6 Strength: 5
Danny wrote:Did I do that right?
Almost! :) :thumbsup: In 1e, (only) the Borg have no classification. So, the "-classification" should go. Now, due to skill sharing, all Borg will prolly have SECURTY, so this drone gives all those Borg extra cunning. We already had the Unity drone (who shares total cunning) and the Sentinel, but at the very least I like to have as much different drones as possible on table (instead of copies of ❖ ), so I think it adds something. :) AND this one is OBVIOUSLY a much-needed former female! :D 8) (That is: only in my mind, where I put the corresponding photo in it...) :wink:

In the mean time, I warmed up to the idea of a 1e- / 2e-only division. (The only down side, really, is the lack of cross-talk(?), which I enjoy. But if you don't enjoy making 1e cards, then why not have 2 threads...) Do we really want to do that? I did already come up with a 1e idea... :wink:
Danny wrote:For you: 2284 (Any edition, it's up to you.)
Last edited by SudenKapala on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:But if you don't enjoy making 1e cards, then why not have 2 threads...) Do we really want to do that? I did already come up with a 1e idea... :wink:
Depends - are you going to stipulate requested editions on your links?

And the reason I don't enjoy doing 1E cards, is because I don't play 1E. So if I see someone's specifically requested a 1E card (or, heaven help us, a Tribbles card), then I've just got to sit on my hands and wait until someone fills in the gap. :thumbsdown:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
What do you mean? (Also: looking up "stipulate", stand by... :P ) (I also had too look up "caveat", learning a lot today... :wink: )
So, "stipulate" means "officially (and perhaps beforehand, such as in a trial?) agreeing". Yet I still don't understand your question. :? Could you rephrase it?
Last edited by SudenKapala on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:But if you don't enjoy making 1e cards, then why not have 2 threads...) Do we really want to do that? I did already come up with a 1e idea... :wink:
Depends - are you going to stipulate requested editions on your links?

And the reason I don't enjoy doing 1E cards, is because I don't play 1E. So if I see someone's specifically requested a 1E card (or, heaven help us, a Tribbles card), then I've just got to sit on my hands and wait until someone fills in the gap. :thumbsdown:
Works both ways though. I don't play 2E. Granted I don't see too many specific requests one way or another but if there is a 2E request that means my ability to add becomes impossible too. Honestly, I would be fine with this being split by brand.

In response to 2284:

[Evt] Project Proposal
In 2284 on Stardate 7130.4 Carol Marcus proposed the Genesis Project to Federation authorities. It was quickly approved but would be a decision many would later come to regret.
Plays on table. You may exchange any mission you have facing your side of the board with any other of your missions that are out of play as long as they are the same type of mission card. Remove this card from play after use.

So one could not exchange Hunt for DNA Program for Explore Dyson Sphere because that takes it from a planet mission to a space mission. But one could exchange Refuse Immigration with Characterize Neutrino Emissions as they are both space missions.

Next up:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Infogrames

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny, if you meant to ask if -- in case of keeping 1 thread -- I will ask for further 1e-specific cards: no, I guess I really shouldn't.
Since I've seen that it hampers you (and possibly others), and -- indeed -- it was not "normal procedure" anyways, I should resign to the idea that I can't have the best of both worlds (cross-talk on one hand, and seeing some of my requests in 1e only). :wink:

But hey -- I do have another idea, that keeps this one completely valid as-is, and also allows me to have my cake and eat it! I'll shortly make the topic.
Slayer wrote:Next up:
-- Oh, Slayer, that's a real-life article. In the OP it was suggested, that you might want to avoid those, since they might be less fun. Do you want to choose another one?

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Danny, if you meant to ask if -- in case of keeping 1 thread -- I will ask for further 1e-specific cards: no, I guess I really shouldn't.
Since I've seen that it hampers you (and possibly others), and -- indeed -- it was not "normal procedure" anyways, I should resign to the idea that I can't have the best of both worlds (cross-talk on one hand, and seeing some of my requests in 1e only). :wink:

But hey -- I do have another idea, that keeps this one completely valid as-is, and also allows me to have my cake and eat it! I'll shortly make the topic.
Slayer wrote:Next up:
-- Oh, Slayer, that's a real-life article. In the OP it was suggested, that you might want to avoid those, since they might be less fun. Do you want to choose another one?

Sorry, did a random page before I got going for the day and didn't look at it to see what it was. Let's try this

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Grilling

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Grilling:
[Int] Interrupt
[Pun] Grilled
A form of interrogation used by early 20th century private eyes. Also an excellent method of serving food.
Plays on a captive present with your Security personnel or cook. You may use that Captive's special skills. OR Plays to kill your Animal if your cook present, each personnel present with your cook is attributes +1 until end of turn.

for you

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:Grilling:
[Int] Interrupt
[Pun] Grilled
A form of interrogation used by early 20th century private eyes. Also an excellent method of serving food.
Plays on a captive present with your Security personnel or cook. You may use that Captive's special skills. OR Plays to kill your Animal if your cook present, each personnel present with your cook is attributes +1 until end of turn.

for you
No bites?

[Fed] Epsilon IX Station
Seed or build at a [S] mission with both Image and Image. Once every turn, if your Computer Skill aboard, may download an Incoming Message or Hail on opponent's ship at same or adjacent location. X=4 vs Image. (Unique.)
Shields 16-X

For you: maybe something else?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:For you: maybe something else?
[S] •Near Takret System, Weather Neutronic Storm
[AQ] (40)
Astrometrics, Engineer, Leadership, Medical, Cunning>39
When you begin a mission attempt here, reduce this mission's attribute requirements by the Shields of your ship involved until the end of the mission attempt. When you are about to fail a mission attempt at this mission, randomly select an unstopped personnel involved to be killed.
Any affiliation (except [Bor] ) may attempt this mission.
(3)
For you: Oooh... another episode.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] INTERRUPT
Image Free Advertising
"Come to Quark's, Quark's is fun, come right now, don't walk run!"
Suspends play to discard a dilemma which names in its lore a personnel in your crew or away team.Stop named personnel. OR plays once every turn to stop your Ferengi and a non-Ferengi present, draw cards equal to the number of [SD] on those personnel, then discard cards equal to the Integrity of those personnel.

NEXT UP: Transporter Chief

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:NEXT UP: Transporter Chief
[Fed] (4) •Janice Rand, Experienced Transporter Chief
Human
[Stf] [TOS] [Pa]
•Engineer •Honor •Transporter
You may play this personnel at cost -3 to ignore her next ability. When you play this personnel, she gains one level of each skill she has until the end of this turn.
"Do you read me Starfleet?"
INT 6 CUN 5 STR 4
For you: Would the real JLP please stand up?

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: For you: Would the real JLP please stand up?
[NA] Picard Impersonator
[Cmd] < [Fed] > OFFICER
Alien replica of Jean-Luc Picard that tested the USS Enterprise crews resolve with out of place behavior and unnecessary procedures. And singing.
[SD] Leadership [SD] Music [SD] Treachery [SD] Anthropology
[SD] If exposed you may download Telepathic Alien Kidnappers
Integrity 4 Cunning 8 Strength 6

Next up
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Vo ... rch_vessel
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]