For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 1064 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[NA](2) •Lutan, Fortunate Ruler
Ligonian, [Cmd]
Biology, Diplomacy, 2 Leadership, Treachery
Thief. When your personnel present is randomly selected by a dilemma, you may make him or her lose all skills to make him or her attributes +2 until the end of the turn.
"This is not an act of war, but of love."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 6

Next one: Foster

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Next one: Foster
[SF] Crewman Foster
Classification wrote:SECURITY
[Stf] [1E-AU] [22]
Lore wrote:Guarded two Tarkaleans. Enjoys not being assimilated. Occasionally partakes in being thrown across rooms; always lands on a rack. Knows how to find the activation button of the imaging chamber.
[SD] Navigation [SD] Once per turn, may avoid being assimilated.
[SD] At start of your turn, may be replaced by any Malcolm Reed.

INTEGRITY 7, CUNNING 4, STRENGTH 6.

(One of many edits: took away ❖ , otherwise a bit too much versatility...)

For you:
An unnamed, female, Borg drone.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
SudenKapala wrote:For you: An unnamed, female, Borg drone.
[Bor] (1) Surveillance Drone
[Stf] Borg
•Programming
Drone. Interlink: Security.
(While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard the top card of your deck to make each of your Borg gain Security until the end of that mission attempt.)
TASK: Assess returning drones scouting telemetry. Evaluate.

INT 5 CUN 5 STR 5
For you: House

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:For you: An unnamed, female, Borg drone.
[Bor] (1) Surveillance Drone
[Stf] Borg
•Programming
Drone. Interlink: Security.
(While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard the top card of your deck to make each of your Borg gain Security until the end of that mission attempt.)
TASK: Assess returning drones scouting telemetry. Evaluate.

INT 5 CUN 5 STR 5
For you: House
(Good job, Danny. :thumbsup: My mistake, that I didn't specify that I wanted to see a 1e card... :wink: )

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:(Good job, Danny. :thumbsup: My mistake, that I didn't specify that I wanted to see a 1e card... :wink: )
If it's any consolation, I probably would've ignored your request :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:(Good job, Danny. :thumbsup: My mistake, that I didn't specify that I wanted to see a 1e card... :wink: )
If it's any consolation, I probably would've ignored your request :thumbsup:
No that does not console me. It makes me sad, angry, and feeling insignificant. You are responsible for my unhappiness. Please help me enjoy life, and go make 1e cards. :(
( :P :wink: )
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:For you: House
Just for Suden, here's another 2e card :D

[Evt] (0) •Good Tea, Nice House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrABWb9VIQ
Plays in your core. At the end of your turn, if you command a Klingon on an opponent's planet mission, draw a card.

Up Next: Crewman Hamilton https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Hamilton

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:Up Next: Crewman Hamilton https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Hamilton
[Evt] (1) Roster Planning
Place a personnel you command on top of his or her owner's deck to download a different personnel of the same affiliation. Both of those personnel must share a skill. Remove this event from the game.
"Captain, have you decided who's going to replace Paris?"
"I have several people in mind. Baytart is one. Hamilton."
For you: Lieutenant Stiles

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Loved the idea of the House & Tea. Funny moment -- I couldn't place it from the post text; only at first glance of video, I knew what it was (Survivors is one of my -- many -- favourites).

I wanted to think of a Klingon House card -- some verb -- but couldn't get it done. (Jellico fired me.)
Danny wrote:[Evt] (1) Roster Planning
Place a personnel you command on top of his or her owner's deck to download a different personnel of the same affiliation. Both of those personnel must share a skill. Remove this event from the game.
"Captain, have you decided who's going to replace Paris?"
"I have several people in mind. Baytart is one. Hamilton."
This is a nice interpretation, game-wise! :o
Many things here are often nice (and too few compliments / comments are made on that, I feel. Quite some, certainly; but still, too few). But I'm here, now, reading this, so this gets a compliment. From me. For what it's worth. If you think it's nto worth much, then please -- go ahead and spread compliments yourself, on nice and good things here. There's plenty.

edgeofhearing wrote:Just for Suden, here's another 2e card :D
Thanks. Don't get me wrong -- I don't dislike 2e, at all. It's just that I don't know it too well. And I love 1e, and I find its lack of female ❖ Borg drones disturbing (still), so I was disappointed -- not by you of course, but by existence -- that I got a seemingly well-designed drone back... for 2e. :D
(... Just for the record.)

I like to participate in talk on this topic sometimes, but often have no inspiration for a card. Please don't let that deter anyone from getting back to topic --

Still up next,
Danny wrote:For you: Lieutenant Stiles
Last edited by SudenKapala on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
[Fed] (1) •Stiles, Xenophobic Officer
Human
[Cmd] [TOS] [Pa]
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Officer [SD] Navigation
You may play this personnel at cost +2 to reveal an opponent's hand and make this personnel Cunning +1 and Strength +1 (if a [Rom] personnel is revealed this way he may gain a skill of your choice as well) until the end of this turn.
"I had no idea that history was your specialty."
"Family history."

Integrity 4 Cunning 5 Strength 6
Your link: Warrior caste

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes!! :D Just what I needed right now -- inspiration for an Objective in my Great House set!

[Obj] Warrior Caste Of A Great House
Lore wrote:In a feudal society, emphasis is often placed on military display and on social hierarchy. In such a culture, warriors are of high standing.
Gametext wrote:If A Great House in play, plays on table. All your House personnel are leaders. X (of A Great House) adds OFFICER. Strongest House OFFICER (except X of A Great House) in play may add V.I.P. OR Anthropology (may change at start of your turn). You may download (once per game) Bold Testemant To A Great House.
Up next:
An unnamed, female, Borg drone for First Edition. (2e was already done above! :thumbsup: )

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Up next:
An unnamed, female, Borg drone for First Edition. (2e was already done above! :thumbsup: )
Firstly, doesn't seem like this was particularly random (although that's difficult to prove, obviously).

Secondly, I thought gender wasn't a trait of the Borg (beyond the Queen and the counterparts). Aren't drones without gender?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Firstly, doesn't seem like this was particularly random (although that's difficult to prove, obviously).

Secondly, I thought gender wasn't a trait of the Borg (beyond the Queen and the counterparts). Aren't drones without gender?
Oh -- No, actually, it wasn't random at all...
:? The first time, neither... :( A total mishap on my part.
(I wouldn't ever have thought it would be considered to be random, had I wanted to deceive y'all; there was a lengthy part of the "what do you want to see" thread in which we discussed my interest in former female Borg drones, since statistically, there are way too few. So I thought y'all would connect my wish to that -- having overlooked the "random" part.)

Writing all that felt wrong -- because I slowly started to remember it was a conscious decision! Because, it turns out, I did check out the original premise of the thread, before my initial request...
The OP (in 2010) wrote:Then, provide a link of your own. You can choose a specific page or click "random page" to get your link.
I did specifically state in that other topic (see hidden text above), that in practice, I only mean the picture to be "formerly female", since indeed Borg have no current gender. But I neglected to make that clear in my requests here. :(

Of course I can design them myself, but I was also curious for more drones in general, so... Essentially, I was looking for others' ideas on a drone card to which I could "conceptually add a female Borg photo"... :P Preferably ❖ since there are few ❖ former female drones... (Traditional has zero.)

So,
we can either be strict and negate my inadvertently "illegal" request; or somebody can
humour me!
:P Please do the latter, it's more fun for me, and all goes back to normal afterward anyway.
:wink:
SudenKapala, corrected, wrote:Up next:
A ❖ unnamed, formerly female, Borg drone for First Edition. (2e was already done above! :thumbsup: )
Last edited by SudenKapala on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Of course I could. But why? :? Since following this, I have skipped many challenges that I didn't know a solution for / have inspiration for. That's part of the game.
So just asking a request to go away because inconvenient, to me, seems like... wrong. :P
Someone will come along shortly who'll have a good idea, I'm sure. :) Or... think harder. (My idea on the House request certainly took its time to develop. And because too late, I did post that in another topic.) It's certainly less difficult than some of the random MemAlpha page hits.

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]