For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 1064 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
rferries wrote:I love the idea of everyone being left something in the will :D
Danny wrote:
rferries wrote:I love the idea of everyone being left something in the will :D
Seconded :thumbsup:
Thank you both. :D It seemed to fit the idea that Lurians have a lot of beneficiaries with such big families. Heck even the Borg can inherit something if your opponent uses this mission! :borg:
rferries wrote: For you: bureaucracy.
[D] 0 Bureaucratic Mentality

Place this dilemma on this mission. When your personnel are about to use an ability or you are about to play an interrupt, if your personnel are attempting this mission you must first place a card from hand on top of your deck.

“The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.”

For you an unusual one: Captain's log, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D), 2366

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Mintaka III, Address Cultural Contamination
[AQ] 50
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Science, and (Intelligence, Treachery and Cunning >44 or Honour, Law and Integrity >44)
When you complete this mission using Cunning, each player may download a Ritual. When you complete this mission using Integrity, each player may destroy a Ritual they do not command.
"Captain's Log, Stardate 43173.5. We are en route to Mintaka III where a three-man Federation anthropological field team has been studying the inhabitants. Our mission is to resupply the outpost and repair their malfunctioning reactor."
[Fed]
Span 2
Manipulate the Mintakans into seeing you as a deity, or be honest with them.

For you: guidance and navigation relay.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
rferries wrote: For you: guidance and navigation relay.
[Evt] 2 *Runabout Autopilot

To play this event you must command 3 [DS9] personnel. Plays in your core.
Your Danube class ships are Range +1 when moving to or from a Region: Bajor System or [GQ] mission. While your [DS9] personnel is aboard a Danube class ship, that ship is fully staffed.

The autopilot system on the Danube class Runabout is designed to be so simple to use even a child could fly it!

Next up (and I know we're supposed to stick to non-real world pages, but I hit random and this came up and its too good not to use! :D ): CCG: The First Anthology

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
MattgomeryScott wrote:Next up (and I know we're supposed to stick to non-real world pages, but I hit random and this came up and its too good not to use! :D ): CCG: The First Anthology
One of the personae listed in TFA that's available in 1E but not 2E
[NA] (2) •Tom Paris, A Loser and A Drunk
Human
[Stf] [AU]
•2 Navigation •Security •Transporters •Treachery
While this personnel is present with Harry Kim, he is Cunning +1, Integrity +1, and loses Treachery.
"What do you see, Ensign?"
INT 4 CUN 5 STR 6
For you: Silver Blood homeworld

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] • "Demon Planet", Silver Blood Homeworld
[DQ] 35
Biology, 2 Exobiology, Science, and Cunning >42 or Anthropology, 2 Diplomacy, Honour, and Integrity >42
Silver Blood cards you command are non-unique. When your turn begins, discard each Silver Blood personnel and ship you command at a different mission.
Order - If this mission is complete, download a personnel or ship with the same title as a card you command and place it at this mission. It becomes [NA] and gains Silver Blood.
"I'm beginning to understand. This "silver blood" experienced sentience, and now you want more. You want to duplicate the rest of this crew and populate this planet."
[Fed]
Span 2
For you: operations centre.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
rferries wrote: For you: operations centre.
[Evt] 1 *Operations Centre

Plays on your headquarters mission. Your personnel and ships at this mission are attributes +1. When your ship moves between this mission and a matching non-headquarters mission, subtract two from the range required.

"And this is Ops..."
"The heart and soul of Deep Space 9."

Notes:

In a game without facilities this one was a pretty tricky prompt. I bandied about a few ideas, but ended up with this one. The first part of the text may help you if the Queen's Borg Cube or I.K.S. Negh'Var comes out to play, while the second part gives you an effective range boost when moving between your HQ and a mission for the same affiliation (e.g. for DS9 this would work with Federation and Bajoran missions, finally making use of the text on every headquarters.) Wording is probably not quite right and it would require a rules entry, but you get the idea I hope.

For you: Command sequencer

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[S] 1 Sabotaged Warp Drive
Unless you have 2 Engineer or Intelligence, place this dilemma on your ship.
Damage - This ship is Range +1. At the start of your turn, your opponent may search their dilemma pile for a copy of this dilemma and place it on this ship, then shuffle their dilemma pile. When this card is removed from your ship, remove all other copies of it from your ship.
"Okay, okay. No need to panic. So the warp drive won't shut down. What's the worst thing that could happen?"
"The ship could continue accelerating until it tears itself apart and scatters our remains halfway across the quadrant."
For you: Tamarian deep-space cruiser.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
rferries wrote: For you: Tamarian deep-space cruiser.
As the ship (both unique and non-unique,) its commander and its crew already have cards, I decided to go a little lateral thinking with the mission they were all present for.

[P] El-Adril, Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel

[AQ] 40 points

Anthropology, Archaeology, Two different personnel with Diplomacy, and Integrity >40

When your personnel attempt this mission, if there are no dilemmas overcome beneath it, each player may download a Diplomacy Commander and place that personnel on this planet. Those personnel join this mission attempt.

"Darmok and Jalad… at Tanagra."

[Baj] [Fed] [NA] [SF]

Span: -3-

Notes:

I made it attemptable by Bajorans and Starfleet as well because there's meant to have been 7 contacts with the Tamarians prior to the one shown in Darmok, so seems feasible one might have been in an earlier era. Not sure if the requirements are worded right, but I don't think we've had a mission requiring two separate personnel. The ability would hopefully provide some interesting gamesmanship, as if your opponent uses the download they also help you out with your first attempt. And the title and lore are in Tamarian, well just because I can.

Next up: Potak cold fowl

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 2 Potak Cold Fowl
Commodity. (When a player plays or takes command of this event, it is placed in that player's core.) While you command but do not own this event, each player's Acquisition personnel are Integrity +1.
"It's actually made from the glandular secretions of an adult dunghill bird, found only on Potak Three. It's very rare. Very exquisite. There are, I believe, only twenty seven bottles in existence at this time."
For you: commemorative plaque.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
rferries wrote: For you: commemorative plaque.
I rather ran with this idea as it's from another of my favourite TNG episodes, which is how I ended up making four First Edition cards. :D

[Inc] Commemorative Plaque

[WC]

Plays on your [1E-TNG] ship. Your matching [1E-TNG] Youth personnel may report aboard; once each turn one such personnel may do so for free. While present with this ships matching commander your [1E-TNG] Youth personnel are attributes +1, gain [Stf] (if they do not already have a staffing icon) and doubles their first listed skill. Once per game may suspend play to download "Tag!", Humuhumunukunukuapua'a or Isabella. (Unique)

Bonus:

[Fed] Marissa Flores (Star Trek: TNG)

Civilian

Science fair winner. Trapped in a turbolift with the other
winners and Jean-Luc Picard when the U.S.S. Enterprise
hit a quantum filament. Nine... And a half. Number one.

[SD] Science x1/2, [SD] Leadership, [SD] Youth,
[SD] Physics [DL] Jay Gordan and Patterson

Integrity: 7, Cunning: 6, Strength: 4

[Fed] Jay Gordan and Patterson (Star Trek: TNG)

Civilian + Civilian

U.S.S. Enterprise science fair winners Jay Gordon Graas
and Paterson Supra were trapped in a turbolift. Appointed
science officer and executive officer in charge of radishes.

Jay Gordon: [SD] Exobiology x1/2, [SD] Youth
Paterson: [SD] Biology x1/2, [SD] Youth

Integrity: 5+6 Cunning: 6+5 Strength: 3+3

[Fed] Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: TNG.)

[Cmd] Officer

Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise. In 2368 became trapped in a turbolift
with Marissa, Jay Gordan and Patterson. Found them to be a good crew.
Knows "Frere Jacques" but not "The Laughing Vulcan and His Dog.”

[SD] Leadership, [SD] Diplomacy, [SD] Music, [SD] Engineer
[DL] Any Captain's Order card (if present with Youth.)

Integrity: 9, Cunning: 9, Strength: 4

For you: Deela_(Scalosian)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Scalos, Biochemically Hyperaccelerated
[AQ] 35
2 Biology, Medical, Science, and Cunning >42 or Anthropology, Geology, 2 Security, and Strength >42
Subtract one from each Consume on each dilemma revealed at this mission. While this mission is complete, subtract one from each Consume on each of your dilemmas.
"While exploring an outer quadrant of the galaxy, the Enterprise received distress calls from an apparently uninhabited, incredibly beautiful city on the planet of Scalos."
[Fed] [NA]
Span 2
And:
[NA] 4 •Deela, Scalosian Queen
[Cmd] Scalosian
•Anthropology •Biology •Intelligence •2 Leadership •Science •Security •Treachery
You may play this personnel at your Scalos at cost -1. Subtract one from each Consume on each of your dilemmas for each personnel in your brig.
"Captain, we have the right to survive."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 4
For you: observer.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
rferries wrote: For you: observer.
[Evt] 4 *Delegation of Observers

To play this event you must command 6 [TNG] personnel.
Plays on your non-headquarters mission with at least two affiliation icons. When you begin a mission attempt at this mission, you may download a unique non- [Bor] personnel of an affiliation you do not command who matches one of those affiliation icons and place that personnel aboard your [TNG] ship at this mission. When this mission is completed, place that personnel out of play.

“We've agreed that you'll take along a delegation of observers as a show of good faith.”

For you: Lightning Rod

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Penthara IV, Avert Atmospheric Disaster
[AQ] 35
2 Geology, 2 Science, and Cunning >36
When you complete this mission, return each dilemma underneath it to its owner's dilemma pile and flip this mission.
"The Enterprise is on its way to Penthara IV where a Type C asteroid has struck an unpopulated continent. The resulting dust cloud could very well create a phenomenon not unlike the nuclear winters of 21st century Earth."
[Fed]
Span 2
[P] •Penthara IV, Avert Tectonic Disaster
[AQ] 35
Astrometrics, Leadership, 2 Physics, and Cunning >36
While you command a ship with Shields > 8 at this mission, you may meet the Cunning requirement of this mission using Integrity.
"The particles would be converted into a high-energy plasma which our shields could absorb and redirect harmlessly into space."
[Fed]
Span 2
For you: Ufandi III.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
rferries wrote:
[P] •Penthara IV, Avert Atmospheric Disaster
[AQ] 35
2 Geology, 2 Science, and Cunning >36
When you complete this mission, return each dilemma underneath it to its owner's dilemma pile and flip this mission.
"The Enterprise is on its way to Penthara IV where a Type C asteroid has struck an unpopulated continent. The resulting dust cloud could very well create a phenomenon not unlike the nuclear winters of 21st century Earth."
[Fed]
Span 2
[P] •Penthara IV, Avert Tectonic Disaster
[AQ] 35
Astrometrics, Leadership, 2 Physics, and Cunning >36
While you command a ship with Shields > 8 at this mission, you may meet the Cunning requirement of this mission using Integrity.
"The particles would be converted into a high-energy plasma which our shields could absorb and redirect harmlessly into space."
[Fed]
Span 2
Interesting. So if I'm reading that right, its a mission you can do twice for a total of 70 points?
rferries wrote: For you: Ufandi III.
[S] Near Ufandi III, Transfer Illicit Minerals

[AQ] 35

Diplomacy, Geology, 2 Treachery and Cunning > 35

While this mission is complete, if your opponent commands but does not own a Commodity event each of your [Kli] Treachery personnel is Cunning +1 and gains Acquisition.

“They took everything, the ore, the ship...”

[Kli]

Span: -3-

Next page: Meribor

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:Interesting. So if I'm reading that right, its a mission you can do twice for a total of 70 points?
Yep! I imagine it's not balanced and the points might need to be adjusted down (or the requirements up), was just using the episode's plot where their interventions make things worse.
[Evt] 2 •Meribor
To play this event, you must command no [Bor] cards. Plays in your core. Your [AU] personnel are Integrity +1.
"You've taught me to pursue the truth, no matter how painful it is. It's too late to back off now. This planet is dying."
For you: Torrey.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation