For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen how every once in a while we get a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
none

Original:
[NA] Samuel Clemens
[AU] CIVILIAN
Crotchety 19th Century author popularly known as Mark Twain. Visited the U.S.S. Enterprise in 2369 during the Devidian time travel incident.
•Once per game, may leave play when Devidian Door is “shown” and score points. •Diplomacy [10]
[INTEGRITY 7] [CUNNING 5] [STRENGTH 3]

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 3 •Samuel Clemens
Mark Twain
Human
[Pa]
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Geology •Honor •Science
When you exchange, place, play, or replace a non-[Pa] personnel at this mission, if this is not a headquarters mission, you may place this personnel in his owner’s discard pile to score 5 points.
“Eavesdropping is by no means a proper activity for a gentleman. Nonetheless, the deed is done…”
[INTEGRITY 7] [CUNNING 6] [STRENGTH 4]

Notes:
It may be a direct interpretation of the 1E card, but it certainly makes sense in the 2E universe and has good uses.

Next: Alliterative Alteration
Last edited by The Guardian on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Wow! Great utility card! Kind of a Phoenix with legs and witty humor.
Last edited by Mogh on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
...and wonderfully easy to pull off for Voyager decks (though besides Romulans they are probably the one affiliation that has to worry least about bonus points).

/oops, I thought it said "play", not "place". Anyway, a really nice card!

By the way, I'm glad you moved your series to these boards. It's so much better to have dream cards with some shiny icons.
Last edited by Kaiser on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The "play" and "place" this is what I was talking about earlier. I don't recall the proper syntax for this, but he would be better if both allowed him to discard himself to score points.
Last edited by Mogh on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Mogh wrote:The "play" and "place" this is what I was talking about earlier. I don't recall the proper syntax for this, but he would be better if both allowed him to discard himself to score points.
I'll do you one...or three...better.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]