For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen how every once in a while we get a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
none

Original:
[NA] Secret Agent Julian Bashir
OFFICER
Bashir…Julian Bashir. Role in a holoprogram created by his friend Felix, of a spy for Great Britain in the Cold War of 20th-century Earth. Has escaped countless traps.
•Geology •MEDICAL •Biology [ SD ] ‘45 Dom Perignon •Your personnel may not be captured where present.
[INTEGRITY 7] [CUNNING 9] [STRENGTH 7]

2E Equivalent:
[Fed] 4 •Julian Bashir
Secret Agent Julian Bashir
Human
[Stf] [DS9]
•Exobiology •Geology •Honor •Intelligence •Medical •Officer
Genetically Enhanced.
When you play this personnel, you may download Dr. Noah’s Mountain Retreat.
“I think it's safe to say that Julian Bashir, secret agent…will return.”
[INTEGRITY 7] [CUNNING 8] [STRENGTH 6]

Notes:
I love the title/subtitle play. As far as the download:

[Evt] 2 •Dr. Noah’s Mountain Retreat
To play this event, you must command three [DS9] personnel or two Intelligence personnel. Plays in your core. When you play a [DS9] Hologram, he or she is cost -1. You may execute only one order using this event each turn.
Order – Discard a card from hand to download a [DS9] Hologram.
Order – Discard your [DS9] Hologram from play and stop your Transporters present to download a personnel with the same card title. Place that personnel on your headquarters mission where he or she could be played.

This was a wordy and sloppy way to try and get people into play for less cost. I should go back and redo cards that I am simply not happy with at some point.

Next: Tri-lateral Skill Symmetry, pt. 1
Last edited by The Guardian on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
TheGuardian wrote:I love the title/subtitle play.
So do I, nicely done!

By the way, any chance you could edit your 1E version? Your "special download" abbreviation [ SD ] gets converted to [SD] on these boards. Looks a bit funny to see Dom Perignon as if it were a regular skill - or was this done intentionally to distinguish between • and [SD]?
Last edited by Kaiser on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Kaiser wrote:
TheGuardian wrote:I love the title/subtitle play.
So do I, nicely done!

By the way, any chance you could edit your 1E version? Your "special download" abbreviation [ SD ] gets converted to [SD] on these boards. Looks a bit funny to see Dom Perignon as if it were a regular skill - or was this done intentionally to distinguish between • and [SD]?
To be honest, I hadn't even noticed that there was a skill dot icon. There are some things that I am going to have to update in my files as I move to this new forum. For instance, I always had my icons that are in a row without a space between them. Now, the second one isn't picked up if I do that. I'll have to do a bunch of editing wen I find the time. For now, let me fix this entry for you.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]