For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen how every once in a while we get a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
none

Original:
[NA] Sheriff Worf
SECURITY
Sheriff of Deadwood, South Dakota, as played by Worf. Though initially reluctant to spend time with his son, the Klingon soon saw the appeal of Alexander’s scenario.
[SD]STRENGTH +1 for each opposing SECURITY personnel present. [SD]Leadership [SD]Computer Skill [SD]Law
[INTEGRITY 8] [CUNNING 7] [STRENGTH 10]

2E Equivalent:
[Fed] 4 •Worf
Deadwood Sheriff
Klingon
[TNG]
[SD]2 Honor [SD]Law [SD]Leadership [SD]2 Security
At the beginning of your turn, you may discard a card from hand to download Personal Forcefield. For each of your opponent’s Treachery personnel present, this personnel is Strength +1.
“I am beginning to see the appeal of this program!”
[INTEGRITY 8] [CUNNING 5] [STRENGTH 8]

Notes:
Battling a duplicitous opponent, this personnel does really well. Also, if your opponent is messing with you with Infiltrators, you can probably get a boost during missions.

Next: Indubitably
Last edited by The Guardian on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I swear I'm not starting a fan club for you. This card is perfect.

Also, "Lawdog" is a nice reference. "Yeah, I heard you the first time."
Last edited by Mogh on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Mogh wrote:I swear I'm not starting a fan club for you. This card is perfect.

http://www.lawdawgs.net/

Is this the reference you speak of?
Last edited by Hoss-Drone on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote:
Mogh wrote:I swear I'm not starting a fan club for you. This card is perfect.

http://www.lawdawgs.net/

Is this the reference you speak of?
The term comes from (at least to me) the movie "Tombstone" with Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp and Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday (and many more). The scene in question is when Ike Clanton walks into the Oriental and tries to pick a fight with Wyatt Earp. Ike is trying to let him know the Cowboys run the town by calling Wyatt a "law dog" and saying, "Law don't go around here." Wyatt explains he is retired. and Ike repeats himself, which makes Wyatt say (as Mogh referenced above) "Yeah, I heard you the first time."

On a separate note, if I could have thought of a fat Billy Bob Thorton quote from the movie, I would have gone with that, but "What? Are you just going to stand there and bleed?" (please ignore how off my memory is on that one) didn't seem like a Worf quote. Although, "Skin that smoke wagon!" might have been cool.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]