For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen how every once in a while we get a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
none

Original:
[NA] Sherlock Holmes
CIVILIAN
The role of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s brilliant detective was often assumed by the Soong-type android Data.
[SD]Biology [SD]Physics [SD]Music [SD]Computer Skill [SD]At start of your turn, you may draw cards (without downloading) until your hand is equal to opponent’s.
[INTEGRITY 8] [CUNNING 12] [STRENGTH 12]

2E Equivalent:
[Fed] 5 •Data
Sherlock Holmes, Brilliant Sleuth
Android
[TNG]
[SD]Anthropology [SD]Biology [SD]Geology [SD]Physics [SD]Programming
When an opponent’s personnel at this mission begins a mission attempt, you may lose 5 points to stop each personnel involved that does not have at least one skill required by that mission.
“Holmes held that if you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, however improbable, must be the truth.”
[INTEGRITY 6] [CUNNING 10] [STRENGTH 10]

Notes:
You have to admit...it fits the quote.

Next: Keep it Simple
Last edited by The Guardian on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
:shock:

I love, love, love the effect, but I'm not sure about the cost (and setup).
Last edited by Mogh on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Mogh wrote::shock:

I love, love, love the effect, but I'm not sure about the cost (and setup).
How so? Not enough? Too much?
Last edited by The Guardian on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm not exactly sure. At first I thought removing the "at this mission" would be enough, but it makes him too strong. Perhaps you could just return him to hand AND lose 5 points. Again, I'm not sure.
Last edited by Mogh on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Mogh wrote:I'm not exactly sure. At first I thought removing the "at this mission" would be enough, but it makes him too strong. Perhaps you could just return him to hand AND lose 5 points. Again, I'm not sure.
I'm definitely not against it, but it looks like you are going in two directions. Not making him be at the mission would make him more powerful and returning him to hand would make him weaker. Are you suggesting both? That could be doable. I felt him being there was a given, but now that I think about it, I don't see a reason it needs to be that way.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]