For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen how every once in a while we get a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Sigmund Freud as Sigmund Freud, Father of Psychoanalysis (Personnel in Strange New Worlds)

Original:
[NA] Sojef
CIVILIAN
Leader of the small community of Ba’ku that settled a new world in the Briar Patch. Ardent supporter of a simple way of life, free of advanced technology.
[SD]Leadership [SD]Diplomacy [SD]Biology [SD]Archaeology
[INTEGRITY 8] [CUNNING 8] [STRENGTH 7]

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 4 •Sojef
Simple Man
Ba’ku
[SD]Anthropology [SD]Biology [SD]2 Honor [SD]Law [SD]Leadership [SD]Transporters
While your command no events in your core, each of your Honor personnel present are attributes +1.
“Our technological abilities aren’t apparent because we’ve chosen not to employ them in our daily lives. We believe when you create a machine to do the work of a man, you take something away from the man.”
[INTEGRITY 8] [CUNNING 6] [STRENGTH 6]

Notes:
Keeping your side of the table clean and simple makes this guy and all his friend happy. They don't like all the things that take the text away from actual personnel.

Next: Tri-lateral Skill Symmetry, pt. 2
Last edited by The Guardian on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Mogh wrote:A clean core is the perfect theme for the Ba'ku. Well done.
See. I knew I was missing something. My theme was the Honor thing. The no event thing would have been a much better way to tie them up. I might have to do a Redux project when I finish to smooth out some of the wrinkles I still don't like with what I've done and that is definitely one now. Thanks though. I'm glad you've been enjoying them.
Last edited by The Guardian on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I haven't really followed your series until recently, so I didn't quite catch that we've already passed the other Ba'ku. I definitely think encouraging no core events and no equipment is the way to go with them. You'd probably need to flesh them out with more than was created in First Edition. Five or six might be plenty.

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]