For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen how every once in a while we get a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Sunad (Personnel in 2E Premier) reprinted as Sunad (Personnel in All Good Things…)

Original:
[NA] Sybok
[Cmd] [AU] CIVILIAN [TMP]
Vulcan son of Sarek; half-brother to Spock. Banished for his emotional, spiritual beliefs. Quests for Sha Ka Ree.
[Works only with [NA] affiliation.]
[SD]Leadership [SD]Treachery [SD]Mindmeld [SD]Empathy [SD]Anthropology [ SD ] Release This Pain
[INTEGRITY 5] [CUNNING 8] [STRENGTH 8]

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 4 •Sybok
Seeking Sha Ka Ree
Vulcan
[Cmd] [Pa]
[SD]Anthropology [SD]Archaeology [SD]Biology [SD]Leadership [SD]Telepathy [SD]Treachery
Dissident.
When you play this personnel, you may download Release this Pain or J’Onn. While you command a [Fed] personnel present, a [Kli] personnel present, and a [Rom] personnel present, this personnel is attributes +2.
“I don't control minds. I free them. … By making you face your pain and draw strength from it. Once that's done, fear cannot stop you.“
[INTEGRITY 4] [CUNNING 8] [STRENGTH 7]

Notes:
The easiest way to accomplish his boosting text is to use St. John Talbot, Korrd, and Caithlin Dar, but there are, of course, others. As for Release this Pain and J'Onn:

[Evt] 0 Release this Pain
Stop your [NA] personnel with Leadership and Telepathy to randomly select an opponent’s personnel present with that personnel and take command of that personnel. That personnel loses all Treachery. Destroy this event.

[NA] 2 •J’Onn
Nimbus III Settler
When you play Release this Pain, if this personnel is present with the personnel involved, you may stop this personnel and discard a card from hand to place that event to top of your deck instead of destroying it.

Next: Furious Mentor
Last edited by The Guardian on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
I like your Sybok, but I don't remember what your St. John Talbot and the others did. Was is that you could play those to where Sybok is present?

I was going to say Release This Pain + J'onn is overpowered, but then I realised that the card is played right away and doesn't go to the core, which makes setting it up reasonably difficult. Nicely done.

Kaiser's useless combo of the day: The Play's the Thing + Kamala, Perfect Mate + The Inner Light + a Leadership personnel = a second personnel that can be used with Release This Pain. Worth the trouble? I don't think so either.
Last edited by Kaiser on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Kaiser wrote:I like your Sybok, but I don't remember what your St. John Talbot and the others did. Was is that you could play those to where Sybok is present?
My fault. I was sure I had included something like that. They all download each other and Interstellar Treaties (if Sybok is around), making it easier to get each out.
Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]

New Poster in The Void

Looking to see if we have anybody active or intere[…]

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]