For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Apologies for my tardiness in posting this.

Aloha and welcome!

In the vein of classics like Quote It and Thematic, I’m running a new dreamcard competition. The idea of Words Words Words is to explore 2E’s many keywords. Each round, I will provide a keyword. You will then design a 2E card that references that keyword. (Whether or not the card also has the keyword is irrelevant; the important thing is that you reference the keyword in the gametext.) In general, I will seek to run these rounds on a weekly basis (though if circumstances such as travel intervene, a round might run extra long). We’ll proceed word by word thought all 2E’s keywords, and the winner will be the one with the most votes once we’ve journeyed through every keyword!

To participate, you MUST
1. add a vote (not for yourself, of course; simply say “Vote [letter]”), and
2. post a 2E card referencing the round’s keyword.

If you do not do both these things, your lone vote / lone entry will not be counted.

Keep in mind that there are *63* keywords in 2E (at least so far), so don't feel that because you missed some early challenges there's no reason to participate. You're welcome to jump in and out as you please.

Scoreboard of WWW:
(Name Total (+from last time) )

Triumph 16 (+1)
Danny 15 (+2)
Naetor 13
Nobthehobbit 12 (+2)
Mattgomery Scott 12 (+1)
Weyounslastclone 6
Gooeychewie 5
Komitadji 5
Nalan Bal 5 (+1)
James Val Eson 2
Kingmj4891 2
Marauder Mo 1
Winterflames 1
Tribble314 0

Entries last round:
A wrote: [Evt] (2) •Promotion
Event
Plays in your core. Each [Fed] and [SF] personnel you command with [Cmd] gains Admiral. Each [Baj] , [Kli] , [Rom] and Breen personnel you command with [Cmd] and without Admiral gains General. Each Gul you command loses Gul and gains Legate.
"In case you didn't notice, I outrank you, Captain."
B wrote: [Car] 5 *Groumall, Profitable Posting
[Cmd]
Military Freighter
When you play this ship, you may download a Commodity; then you may discard cards from hand equal to the cost of that Commodity to place it in an opponent's core.
While your Gul is aboard this ship, he or she loses Officer and gains Acquisition.
“Though commanding a Cardassian freighter is not considered a particularly good posting, it has it advantages. A ship's Gul routinely takes a cut of the profits from the cargo that his or her ship is transporting.”
Range: 6, Weapons: 5, Shields 5
C wrote: [P] Bajor, The Occupation
[AQ] 30
(Anthropology, Geology, Honor, and Integrity > 28) or (Archaeology, Intelligence, Treachery, and Cunning > 32).
Region: Bajor System. When you complete this mission, choose one: Each of your Treachery personnel are Integrity +4; or when your Gul is about to be stopped or killed by a dilemma, you may discard a non- [Car] personnel from hand to prevent that.
Though initially a peaceful and cultural exchange, a 10 year presence of Cardassians on Bajor ended in a military annexation of the planet.
Span 2
[Car]
D wrote: [Int] Bluster
When an opponent’s personnel begin a mission attempt, if you command a Gul at that mission, you may discard the top card of your deck to make that player choose: destroy an event he or she commands, or add 5 to each attribute requirement of the mission until the end of the mission attempt.
“You are protecting the enemies of the Cardassian people. If you do not withdraw, we will take great offense.”
E wrote: [Car](2) •Dukat, Cardassian Commander
Cardassian, [Cmd] [TN]
Diplomacy, Navigation, Officer
While you command no other Gul, this personnel gains Gul and Leadership. When an opponent plays and interrupt, if this personnel is at one of that opponent's missions, you may stop him to remove the top card of that opponent's dilemma pile from the game.
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 6
F wrote: [Evt] (1) Assuming Command
Event
Plays on your [Car] ships. Each of your Guls aboard this ship is considered the corresponding commander for this ship.
Cardassian Guls have wide latitude in terms of taking command of ships in times of crises.
G wrote: [Int] Official Scapegoat
When your personnel are about to fail a mission attempt, you may remove your Gul from the game to prevent each Legate and [Car] Diplomacy personnel involved from being stopped at the end of the mission attempt.
"Dukat and the others were operating entirely without our knowledge. Central Command would never sanction anything that would violate our treaty with the Federation."

And now…

This round’s keyword is: Infiltrator!

I’ll plan to end this round and begin the next on 27 September.

Please let me know if you have any questions / comments / confusions!

Have fun!
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
And a reminder: the rules require that your entry include both a vote and an eligible card for the entire entry to be accepted.

Jolan tru!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Vote D.

[Evt] (3) •You're Too Late
Event
Plays in your core. At the start of each of your turns, you may discard a card from hand to place your Infiltrator at any mission where your opponent commands a personnel (or on any ship at that mission).
By the end of 2371, the Dominion had replaced a number of important officials in Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers with Founders specializing in infiltration, sabotage and intelligence gathering.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote F.

[P] •Ty'Gokor, Counterintelligence Operation
[AQ] [40]
Anthropology, 2 Intelligence, Cunning > 38, and (2 Honor or 2 Treachery)
The first personnel or ship played each turn is cost -1 for each Infiltrator that player commands (limit -3).
"Captain, you don't know how much I've looked forward to killing you in battle. And now your foolishness has cheated me of that pleasure."
[Car] [Dom] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
[3]

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Vote B
[Evt] (5) Nyrian Translocation
Event
Place a personnel you command aboard an opponent's ship at a non-headquarters mission. If that personnel is an Infiltrator, randomly select an opponent's personnel aboard that ship and place them in your brig. Remove this event from the game.
"It's been twelve hours since these mysterious exchanges began, and we still haven't discovered their cause."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: G

My Entry:

Well so far everyone's helping Infiltrators, so lets hurt them. :x

[Evt] 2 *Blood Screening

[Event]

Paranoia.
Plays in your core. At the start of each of your turns, place each non- [Fed] personnel you command in his or her owner's discard pile. Your opponent's Infiltrator may not use his or her skills or abilities while at your mission.

"Don't you trust me?"
"No, I don't."
"I know exactly how you feel."
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
Vote A! The more I think about it, the more cool I feel it is. Creates a ton of potential for interesting interactions!

[Int] Pursuing a Larger Goal
Infiltration. When your personnel begins a mission attempt, reduce the attribute requirements of that mission by 2 for each opponent’s mission where you have an Infiltrator until the end of that mission attempt. You may do this only once each turn.
“This was all an elaborate trap, an attempt to destroy the station and Bajor and cripple the Federation and Klingon fleets without ever firing a shot.”

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: E

[Evt] Cost 2
(Unique) Paradise Lost
Paranoia. Plays in your core. Your non-Treachery personnel cannot use their abilities while present with your Treachery personnel. Infiltrators your opponent owns cannot use their abilities while at your mission where you command a Treachery personnel.
Order- Stop your [E] Treachery personnel to name an [E] or [Fed] [DS9] personnel. That personnel gains Treachery until the end of this turn.

"I'm sure the Admiral doesn't see it as treason! He would probably defend it as a desperate act of patriotism."

I hope this doesn't cross the streams too much with the other paranoia event. I figured as I haven't done infiltration that much, making something for the new ES9 cards would be a better way to tackle this challenge. I figure this would fall into Leyton convincing someone that what he was doing is for the good of the federation, thus making them gain treachery and becoming one of the conspirators. I was going to put on a "Once each turn" clause, but I figure that the stopping would be a good limit on how often one could use this during each turn.
I also see the "Lockdown" imposed by this card as working both for and against the ES9 player: You get to force infiltrators to ground, but cause your non-treachery personnel to become unable to do much without joining the inside group.

BDubs

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote B

[Evt] (2) Inside Information
Infiltration. Plays in your core. When you play an Infiltration event, you may stop your Infiltrator at an opponent's mission to spend two additional counters this turn.
Order-Destroy this event to download an Infiltrator. You may discard cards from hand equal to that personnel's cost to place it aboard an opponent's ship or at a planet mission.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]