For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 121 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:At the very least, there are templates for some of the developed dream affiliations, like Galaxy Quest, Babylon 5, Vulcans, and Xindi available. It might be worth working those in first or trying them out as the experiments. (Vulcans and Xindi especially for very selfish reasons.) If you need any help with the resources for those, please, let me know. Again...awesome!

Where is B5 developed? Can I get a link to that?

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think what I will do is include third party icon and affiliation templates as plugins. (basicly putting .png files in to /affil, /icon, or /text-icon folders.) I can make Photoshop document examples to help people create their own images. I have a deconstructed affil template I made years ago, I can update that. Also, I've been meaning to mess with high res templates.

The Guardian - or anybody else - it would be cool to send me any custom templates and icons you already have. I could format them correctly into plugins as examples. (I remember back when 2e first came out somebody did a really impressive ENT Vulcan affil template.)

Send PSDs or whetever to TimL8L@yahoo.com

Later,
Tim

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This is really an awesome piece of software. Very nice work Tim.
Same thing for 1E and I am in heaven..

:thumbsup:

Another idea would be to add 1E card type icons like Objective, Incident and those 1E affiliations etc.. into 2E templates .. just a thought.

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
:? I have not been able to get the program to use the 'Crillee' font on the cards!?! How is this done?

(Oh! You also have my vote for doing up a 1e version :thumbsup: :twocents: :cheersL: !!!)

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey guys!!

I just put up a big update of the program. :cheersL:

Some Added Features
- No longer need to install fonts!
- You can use custom icon files now. (Just icons so far - still need templates.)
- 1e Compatible icon added.
- Bicubic Resize on image.

The bicubic resize makes images look a lot nicer!! I recommend only checking it just before you save the JPG though, as it well efffect refresh time during editting.

You can get it at the Yahoo! Group:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/sta ... dcs/files/

Mirror:
Dead right now - please join the Yahoo group.

EDIT: I fixed a serious bug in using custom icons. If you have 0.3.0, update to 0.3.1

And people, upload some cards you make to the '2E Cardmaker Cards' Album on the Yahoo! Group.

Next, I'm going to look into making a version of the program for First Edition. I want to do it a little differently, as th templates for 1e are more dynamic. I also want to work with higher resolution.

Keep posting feedback here (or the Yahoo! Group)

Later,
Tim
Last edited by Tim on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Exon wrote:When I try to open the program, it says I'm missing its 'dynamic link library.' Forgive my ignorance, what am I doing wrong here?
Does it mention which .DLL file?

Which version of Windows are you running?

The typical reason this would happen is if your Windows does not have .Net Framework 2.0 (likely you are running Windows XP sp1 or earlier)...

Here is the installer for .Net Framework 2.0:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

.Net Framework 2.0 Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/netfram ... 31542.aspx

By Exon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E Risa Regional Champion 2023
The typical reason this would happen is if your Windows does not have .Net Framework 2.0 (likely you are running Windows XP sp1 or earlier)...
As you surmised, I'm using Windows 2000. I downloaded the .Net Framework from the link provided and this solved the problem.

I am now enjoying this very cool program. Thanks for your help! :cheersR:

By Anjohl
 -  
I love this program. BTW I've uploaded a few new ones, from another star-type show

Anjohl
(pirateship)

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Timo wrote: Next, I'm going to look into making a version of the program for First Edition.

any update on this ?

Please say yes! :D

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sanityfreezone wrote:
Timo wrote: Next, I'm going to look into making a version of the program for First Edition.
any update on this ?
Please say yes! :D
I have begun volunteering with the CC to do 1E graphic design... So I've been working on that. Actually, I just made a program that automatically converts all 2EBC verbs into 1E templates. I'm a little unsure about whether I'm making completely new templates from scratch or not... but the result will be hi-resolution and directly to PDF. I'm already starting to see a lot of potential for a complete 1E Studio program... this is my plan.

When I do release 1 1E program to the dreaming masses, using 'official' templates is a problem. I'll probably be doing all the graphics myself, but the CC does not want confusing legit looking cards appearing... So I'll probably have to add an embedded "DREAM CARD" disclaimer or something.

Anyways, that's where I'm at more or less. A program is still coming, but I'm focusing on CC work for now. But, it's the came work anyway, since I'm doing 1E templates.

Tim
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Forgive my ignorance, but how would one make a background to a picture transparent? What programs would be able to do this job?

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but how would one make a background to a picture transparent? What programs would be able to do this job?
Any Image Editing program can do this. If the background is already a solid color, the Magic Wand tool can select the whole background for deletion. Otherwise, use the Eraser and Lasso Selector tools. (These are found in the toolbar of pretty much all image editors.)

Adobe Photoshop has a trial version (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/), and The Gimp is a powerful freeware image editing program (http://www.gimp.org/).
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]