For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
  • 121 posts

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for the feedback....
The Guardian wrote:The update will help when the [1EC] icon is added in. (I assume it will be...)
It's on the list...

The Guardian wrote: I might move the text up just a smidge. I have some lore that can get printed not quite in the box from time to time.
I'm dropping the leading (space between lines) a bit on the lore, but this still will not get us a full 8th line, even with no gametext. The few real cards that have 8 lines have atleast 4 lines of lore, and the lore font is shrinked a little i think.

Bulliebuddy wrote:Can anyone tell me how to install the fonts. I'm a little computer illiterite and can't figure it out.
Eventually I want to handle this in the program. But installing fonts is easy.

If you have Vista (or XP I think), just right click on the .ttf files and select Install Font. (You can select them all and do it all at once.)

If you can't right-click install then copy the .ttf files to the C:\Windows\Fonts\ folder. You can get to this folder by going to
Start > Control Panel > Fonts

Bulliebuddy wrote:I've also noticed that typing in rom gets you the TNG icon instead so that may need to be fixed.
Fixed it.
captdsulu wrote:A clear button to make it faster to go between cards.
Makes sense. Next thing I'll do.

I'll have another update done soon...

Tim

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
My computer didn't let me do either of the font things but if you're gonig to put it into the program then I won't worry too much about it.

By Navypiper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
:thumbsup: Excellent program!!! Well done! What are the chances of one being made for 1e cards? Just a thought :cross:

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bulliebuddy wrote:My computer didn't let me do either of the font things but if you're gonig to put it into the program then I won't worry too much about it.
Make sure you are logged in as administrator.
After you go to Control Panel > Fonts, try File > Install New Font...
Navypiper wrote: What are the chances of one being made for 1e cards? Just a thought
I'm more into 1e myself but the card layouts are more varied and complicated. I probably won't make a program for 1e in the near future unless there really is a demand for it.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Fantastic piece of kit you've made there! :thumbsup: It's nice to be able to see some of my thoughts as "real" cards. While we're on the subject of CCG Creators, anyone know where to get decent images from?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Fantastic piece of kit you've made there! :thumbsup: It's nice to be able to see some of my thoughts as "real" cards. While we're on the subject of CCG Creators, anyone know where to get decent images from?
trekcore.com has a lot of screencaps.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That... is... nice!

Great work Tim. Finally those without PS can easily make nice GDC's. :)

The only thing I've caught out so far is not being able to de-italicise words in the lore/flavour text.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Bulliebuddy wrote:trekcore.com has a lot of screencaps.
Holy moly! That's a lot of images. Thanks for the heads-up.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Absolutely love this program. Just wondering if their would be any way to make new affiliations?

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for all the positive feedback everybody!
stoovie wrote:The only thing I've caught out so far is not being able to de-italicise words in the lore/flavour text.
I'll add [r][/r] for the lore in the next update.
Bulliebuddy wrote:Just wondering if their would be any way to make new affiliations?
Well, now that the current templates are working pretty good, I can start adding other features.

I've been thinking about this, but I'm not sure.... how would custom affiliations work?

The affiliation templates are not just different colour schemes, but also different photoshop texture effects, a new icon set, different shaped class box, and different graphic to the right of the photo. I'm not sure how this type of custom photoshoping can be done in a Wizard type program like this. Any ideas?

Just letting users import their own template PNG files is certainly a possibility. (Infact, this is something I wanna add eventually anyways.)

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dude. That is slick.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Timo wrote:Thanks for all the positive feedback everybody!
stoovie wrote:The only thing I've caught out so far is not being able to de-italicise words in the lore/flavour text.
I'll add [r][/r] for the lore in the next update.
Bulliebuddy wrote:Just wondering if their would be any way to make new affiliations?
Well, now that the current templates are working pretty good, I can start adding other features.

I've been thinking about this, but I'm not sure.... how would custom affiliations work?

The affiliation templates are not just different colour schemes, but also different photoshop texture effects, a new icon set, different shaped class box, and different graphic to the right of the photo. I'm not sure how this type of custom photoshoping can be done in a Wizard type program like this. Any ideas?

Just letting users import their own template PNG files is certainly a possibility. (Infact, this is something I wanna add eventually anyways.)
I suppose just break it down to the individual components ( Background, symbol, etc.) but some things would have to stay standard such as the parameters and dimensions. We would need a way to add new symbols to text also. As I said I wish I knew more about programming so I could be of more help but what you've already done is amazing and I am already astonished by how good it is.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
At the very least, there are templates for some of the developed dream affiliations, like Galaxy Quest, Babylon 5, Vulcans, and Xindi available. It might be worth working those in first or trying them out as the experiments. (Vulcans and Xindi especially for very selfish reasons.) If you need any help with the resources for those, please, let me know. Again...awesome!

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]