What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 am

TrekCC Forum Code of Conduct 
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Ferenginar
Post Re: TrekCC Forum Code of Conduct
This thread is partially inaccessible by the Search feature.

If I search for a phrase that I know is in the CoC (for instance, "community contributor"), this thread is in the search results. Then, if I click on the link at the top of the result, it directs me to the start of the announcement thread as seen in the FYI board:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26424&hilit=community+contributor

However, if I click on the link just below that, which will take me to the post in question rather than the start of the thread, the thread to which it directs me is inaccessible:

viewtopic.php?f=0&t=26424&p=297080&hilit=community+contributor#p297080

Quote:
From my rotting body, flowers will grow and I am in them and that is eternity.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:41 pm
The Center of the Galaxy

nobthehobbit wrote:

And oddly, doesn't register as "read" after, well, reading it.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:39 pm
Delta Quadrant

Region: Risa
AllenGould wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:

And oddly, doesn't register as "read" after, well, reading it.

If you go to the F.Y.I. forum and read the thread there, it will register as read.

1E Inventory Spreadsheet

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 pm
Chief Programmer
Chief Programmer

Yes, unfortunately there are some odd glitches with the way that global announcements work in this software (because they're posted on one forum, but then readable from any forum). Unfortunately there's nothing that I can do about that right now.

My Steam Account

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:13 pm
Delta Quadrant

Region: Qo'noS
Marking all forums as read seems to solve the problem.

[Vid] MVGA: Make Vidiians Great Again! Bring back Organ Theft!

"The card game will live as long as players who love the game keep it alive." - Dave Bowling in 1996

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:15 pm
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

Region: Cardassia
It has been argued that the CoC and the moderators, either together or separately from one another, have had an effect on the quality of the experience on the forums, and there is a divide between whether that effect has been positive or negative. Since it has been nearly 4 months since the CoC went into effect, maybe it’s time to have an informal account of your opinion. Let me make it clear, I am no longer on the moderator team and this poll is not sanctioned by them or anyone else connected to the Continuing Committee. It is my hope that the results of this poll will help facilitate honest discussion around the performance of the mods and the CoC. Please vote your conscience.

http://goo.gl/forms/tfux9W2noE

Once I've collected a significant number of responses, I will publish the results. Your personal information (username, handle, ream name, etc.) will not be collected.

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Formerly known as Skrain Dukat

Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:16 pm
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

Region: Cardassia
If you haven't yet, check out the CC's latest Observation Lounge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmi-Q0m ... e=youtu.be

And, please take the time to make your voice heard: http://goo.gl/forms/tfux9W2noE

I will publish the full results at the end of this month and the survey will remain open until then. Again, the purpose of this survey is to provide an opportunity for honest and open dialogue. If you haven't already, please make your opinion known.

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Formerly known as Skrain Dukat

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:11 pm
Gamma Quadrant

We voted to amend Rule 11 several weeks ago, but realized last night it had not actually been published into the CoC. Here is the change:

Change to CoC:

Quote:
11. In a moderated forum, no user shall post any content or remark that is belittling, disparaging, denigrating, or cruel towards another person; nor any content or remark that would be perceived by a reasonable bystander to be belittling, disparaging, denigrating, or cruel; nor shall any user post such content directed against any discrete category or class of persons (including, but not limited to, a race, sex, or player community).

Rationale:
Quote:
The intent of this clause is to make it clear that all groups are equally protected by the CoC. However, the list calling out three specific groups undermines that goal, seeming to make them more "protected" than other groups. This revision excises the specific list, and reinforces the "equal protection" principle with new, more generic wording.

Then Jesus said to Peter, "Put thy Glossary back into its place: for he who takes up the Glossary shall perish with the Glossary."
-Mt 26:52

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:54 pm
Delta Quadrant

Region: Sector 001
BCSWowbagger wrote:
We voted to amend Rule 11 several weeks ago, but realized last night it had not actually been published into the CoC. Here is the change:

Change to CoC:

Quote:
11. In a moderated forum, no user shall post any content or remark that is belittling, disparaging, denigrating, or cruel towards another person; nor any content or remark that would be perceived by a reasonable bystander to be belittling, disparaging, denigrating, or cruel; nor shall any user post such content directed against any discrete category or class of persons (including, but not limited to, a race, sex, or player community).

Rationale:
Quote:
The intent of this clause is to make it clear that all groups are equally protected by the CoC. However, the list calling out three specific groups undermines that goal, seeming to make them more "protected" than other groups. This revision excises the specific list, and reinforces the "equal protection" principle with new, more generic wording.

That's good, but on the other hand, if you're going to treat someone saying that this or that group of Star Trek CCG players are a bunch of assholes or whatever as the same as racism or sexism, maybe that should be explicitly pointed out, because that might surprise someone.

Also, that rule is pretty broadly worded, and I'm not sure you intend to actually enforce it as written. Here are some comments I bet you agree with that break it:
  • ISIS is a bunch of murderous savages.
  • The United States Senate is a bunch of useless clowns.
  • These "Brony" characters are a bunch of weirdos.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 pm
Gamma Quadrant

Section V.19 of the Moderation Team Rules is currently out of date, given the retirement of Skrain Dukat as a moderator. Who is the moderator currently assigned the 2E forums as their area of focus?

Quote:
From my rotting body, flowers will grow and I am in them and that is eternity.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:37 pm
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Romulus
nobthehobbit wrote:
Section V.19 of the Moderation Team Rules is currently out of date, given the retirement of Skrain Dukat as a moderator. Who is the moderator currently assigned the 2E forums as their area of focus?

Thanks for reminding me. This is something that I've been meaning to update. I'll get with the team and have an answer as soon as possible.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:24 am
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Region: Deep Space 9
Could we get an up-to-date list of all the moderators please? Also, Marquetry's green needs to be toned down, as she is now a Green Badge and can no longer moderate.

I'm just trilled to be here, folks.

My Other Hobby

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:47 pm
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Romulus
Current Active Moderators:

Armus
Pazuzu
BCSWowbagger
PSchrader

Amber (Marquetry) has officially stepped down as a Moderator to assume the 2E Rules Master (Rules Mistress?) position. Unfortunately, management of the Moderator group is not something I have access privileges to do - it's restricted to board Admins only, so I'm guessing Mael will have to 'de-green' Amber (although I thought CC members were 'greened up' as well *shrug*).

On my to-do list is putting a call out for new Moderator volunteers - we're already operating below where we need to be, and though it hasn't presented a significant issue yet, I don't want to get to a point where it does.

So on that note, pending the formal announcement, if anyone is interested in volunteering to be a Moderator, shoot me a PM and let me know.

Thanks,

-Brian Sykes (Armus)
Head Moderator
TrekCC Moderation Team

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:28 pm
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Thanks!

Mod green /= green badge green.

Sent through subspace from the Starship Enterprise

My Other Hobby

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:49 pm
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Didn't Pazuzu retire? Or did he just recuse himself from the Politics thread? Also, EHCCGPP should be added to the list.

My Other Hobby

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm