For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen that every once in a while we got a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
none

Original:
[NA] The Pendari Champion
[Cmd] SECURITY [DQ]
Crowd favorite in the Tsunkatse matches broadcast by Penk. Electrifying Pendari known for his superior strength, bad temper, and keen sense of smell.
[SD]Leadership [SD]Geology [SD]In battle, may pair first (and select his adversary).
[INTEGRITY 5] [CUNNING 7] [STRENGTH 15]

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 3 •The Pendari Champion
Tsunkatse Champion
Pendari
[SD]Acquisition [SD]Geology [SD]Leadership [SD]Security
Tsunkatse.
While this personnel is involved in combat, each other personnel involved is Strength -1.
“He’s a Pendari. They’re known for their superior strength.”
“And their bad temper.”

[INTEGRITY 4] [CUNNING 5] [STRENGTH 9]

Notes:
This is one of two examples of when I felt I had to break the rules and create a keyword to make the theme work. The other is The Adventures of Captain Proton. In neither was there another uniting element. Tsunkatse personnel are all good at fighting. Seven could increase her own Strength (almost unlimitedly). Hajur helps all of your fighters out. Together, they can run amok in a combat deck or alone on the Tsunkatse Arena. (But that is yet to come.)

Next: Transparent Candidate
Last edited by The Guardian on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I realize you're about done with this theme, but I'd like some weird ability that allows you to match the personnel from your hand.

"At the start of your turn, reveal this personnel from hand to..."

Or perhaps make that a lynch pin Event of some kind.
Last edited by Mogh on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Mogh wrote:I realize you're about done with this theme, but I'd like some weird ability that allows you to match the personnel from your hand.

"At the start of your turn, reveal this personnel from hand to..."

Or perhaps make that a lynch pin Event of some kind.
You think Tsunkatse should be played from hand? I took a bit of a 1E route and told the story through capture and combat. Or were you thinking of something more for this character? If I was going to do a card like that, I probably would choose a dilemma:

[P] 3 Tsunkatse Matches
Randomly select a personnel. Reveal the hand of the opponent on your left. If the opponent reveals a personnel with higher Strength than your personnel, that personnel is killed and all your personnel are stopped.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]