For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are having trouble with the challenge please see the second post for some additional advice and tips.

Thematic V 15: 'We don't need... roads'

Hello and, on behalf of MattgomeryScott, welcome to the next episode of Season Five of Thematic.

For any new players (or those that need a reminder), I'm filling in temporarily for MattgomeryScott but nothing has changed. I will be posting up a new dream card theme or challenge roughly every two weeks, which will give everyone plenty of time to enter. All you need to do is come up with a card for that theme or challenge, and include your vote for a card from the previous Thematic (but you can’t vote for you own entry). Also, unless otherwise stated, entries may be First or Second Edition or Tribbles CCG.

Firstly, the scores from the last Thematic and the 2015 Leaderboard:

Scores for Thematic V 13: 'Thank You'

commdecker = 3
HoodieDM = 1
KazonPADD = 1
WeyounsLastClone = 1
Pazuzu = 1
Cartagia = 1
kingmj4891 = 1
MattgomeryScott = 0
karonofborg13 = 0
Smiley = 0

Leaderboard (2015)

HoodieDM = 16 (+1)
KazonPADD = 16 (+1)
sexecutioner = 14
Danny = 12
kingmj4891 = 9 (+1)
WeyounsLastClone = 9 (+1)
karonofborg13 = 8
Bloodcoat_Veteran = 7
Cartagia = 7 (+1)
commdecker = 7 (+3)
MattgomeryScott = 7
winterflames = 7
nalan bal = 6
Pazuzu = 6 (+1)
Triumph = 6
Dunnagh = 5
JamesValEson = 5
Naetor = 3 (Withdrawn)
BCSWowbagger = 2
Smiley = 2
Xaran Alamas = 2
GooeyChewie = 1
Iron Mike = 0
Nobthehobbit = 0
Turlough = 0

Secondly the voting from Thematic V 14: 'The Doctor is in'

One vote per person and you can’t vote for your own entry. Your Vote and Entry MUST be in the same post. All votes are final. Once you have voted, you may not change your vote, unless you have accidentally voted for your own entry. In which case PM me. If you are unsure who to vote for when you post your entry, please leave your vote blank or write in TBA and fill it in no later than the closing date.

A wrote: [Fed] (3) (unique) Elizabeth Dehner
Self-sacrificing Mutant
[Stf] [TOS] [Pa]
Human
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Medical [SD] 2 Science
You may play this personnel at cost +1 to make her attributes +3 and gain Telepathy until the end of this turn. When this personnel is facing a dilemma that is about to kill two or more personnel present, you may kill her instead.
"I'm sorry. You can't know what it's like to be almost a god."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 5
B wrote: [Fed] Ann Mulhall {TOS} Image
Lt. Commander and highest ranking female officer aboard starship Enterprise.
Has a Ph.D. in astrobiology. Hosts the mind of Sargon's wife, Thalassa. Kirk
did not knew her when they first met. Loves salsa dancing and Shakespeare.
[Cmd] [1E-AU] OFFICER [OS]
[SD] SCIENCE [SD] MEDICAL [SD] Exobiology x2
[SD] Biology [SD] Astrophysics
Integrity 7 | Cunning 8 | Strength 4
C wrote:
[Int] I'm a Doctor, Not a Zoo-keeper
The Doctor was transported back to the Alpha-Quadrant to help his creator, Lewis Zimmerman. He wasn't impressed with his holographic iguana.
Download a Medical Tricorder to your MEDICAL personnel OR nullifies Barclay's Protomorphosis Disease, Hanonian Land Eel, Palukoo, or Vole Infestation.
D wrote: [NA] Doctor Rislan {VOY}
A male Nyrian Astrophysicist who led the plot to take command of U.S.S. Voyager. Second in command to Dammar. Don't agree with low temperatures.
[Cmd] SCIENCE [DQ]
[SD] Navigation [SD] Astrophysics [DL] Translocator
Integrity 4 | Cunning 9 | Strength 3
E wrote: [NA] 2 *Dr. Hippocrates Noah, Megalomaniacal Super Villain

Hologram

Biology, Leadership, Science, 3 Treachery

While this personnel is facing a dilemma, he may gain any two skills (or 2 levels of any one skill) until the end of this mission attempt. When this personnel uses a skill to complete a mission, lose 5 points. When this personnel is killed by a dilemma, each player kills each copy of Benjamin Sisko that he or she commands

"It's working just as you planned! You've done it, doctor."
"Yes. But somehow, I didn't expect to win."

Integrity: 1, Cunning: 7, Strength: 5
F wrote: [Fed] Surgical Assistant Chapel
[Stf] [1E-AU] [OS] [MQ]
MEDICAL
After a brief stint aboard the Starship Yorktown Nurse Chapel transferred to the Enterprise. Security Chief Sulu spurned her romantic advances in favor of his pursuit of Comm Officer Uhura. Vowed to get her vengeance in sickbay.
[SD] Biology x2 [SD] Exobiology [SD] Treachery
[SD] Allows Hypospray to turn disabled personnel to mortally wounded.
Integrity 3 Cunning 8 Strength 5
G wrote: [NA] (2) •Stephen Hawking, Card Sharp
Hologram
•2 Astrometrics •2 Physics •2 Science
When you play this personnel, if you and an opponent have an equal number of cards in hand, reveal those cards. The player with the highest total cost among all cards revealed in this way scores 5 points. (In case of a tie, no player scores points.)
"Wrong again, Albert."
INT 6 CUN 7 STR 1
H wrote: [Fed] Dr. M'Benga {TOS}

[Stf] [1E-AU] MEDICAL [OS]
Experienced physician aboard the Starship Enterprise.
Most senior medical officer after Dr. McCoy. Trained on
Vulcan in Exobiology and Vulcan medical techniques.
[SD] Exobiology x2 [SD] SCIENCE [SD] Biology [SD] Physics
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Vulcans here are attributes all +1.
INTEGRITY 8 CUNNING 8 STRENGTH 7
I wrote: [Evt] (2) Hippocratic Oath
Plays in your core. When you play this event, you may download a Medical personnel. When your personnel about to be killed is stopped or returned to your hand or deck instead, you may draw a card.
"I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage."

And onto this time. We finally approach the day Facebook memes have been waiting for - the date Marty McFly travelled to in 2015 in Back to the Future Part II: 21st October 2015. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of this classic movie trilogy, we look at all things time travel! From Kirk using the slingshot effect on a frequent basis (17 temporal violations, the man was a menace), to the Devidians and Mark Twain, the Bell Riots, Timeline disruptions from stopping First Contact, the classic Year of Hell "reset button" and the Temporal Cold War, Trek has been filled with time travel.

Create a Star Trek CCG (1E or 2E) card or Tribble CCG card based on Time Travel or a Time Travel incident from Star Trek (or... I will also allow cards based on Kruge). Maybe it's a Time Location or a Temporal card. Maybe you want a "timeline disrupted in XXXX" effect. Or maybe you just want to make Kruge go undercover in a parallel universe and exclaim "Great Scott!" or "1.21 Gigawatts!?!?"

As always, any questions, thoughts or ideas, drop me a PM.

One entry per person and don’t forget to vote. You may edit your entry up to the closing date, but once you have voted you may not change your vote. Entries and votes should be clearly visible at the top of your post please. Closing date is 23:59 BST on FRIDAY 30TH OCTOBER 2015. That’s just under three weeks time. Late entries may or may not be accepted at my discretion, but please try to have your entry (AND VOTE) in by the closing date.

All the best and most importantly have fun!
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  

Any additional messages, notes, clarifications etc

If you spot an error, especially in the scoring or my posting of the entries, please let me know. Also if you have any questions then feel free to ask me.

Edit: I will allow 2 card entries if necessitated by a time travel mechanic.

Last edited by KazonPADD on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Vote: G. Honorable mention goes to C, however.

Okay, this one has sparked my creative juices with an electrocharge, so, yes, I may be breaking the rules here, but, this one calls for two cards... (you'll see why)

[Inc] Feast on the Dying
Seeds on Devidia II. Download 19th Century San Francisco. Your non- [Fed] away teams may attempt mission using these requirements: The Foragers OR Treachery x6 OR 3 [1E-AU] personnel + CUNNING>28. Artifacts with "San Francisco" and "19th Century" in lore may seed (more than one; limit three.) here, and when earned, solving player may place any of them in their point area for 8 points each. Orbital Bombardment may play for free here (and be used by [Fed] at this location, only.)

TIME LOCATION
19th Century San Francisco
[P] 1893 Earth.
Plays on table (if any Earth mission or Investigate Time Continuum in play; each may serve as corresponding spaceline location.) Once every player's turn, two of their personnel may time travel between here and any Sector 001 Region planet mission or Devidia II. Just after personnel do so, their owner may draw one card or play an event or objective (Doubled when the personnel have returned 'back to the future' to the spaceline.) Cards with "San Francisco" or "19th Century" in lore may report here (once each turn, one may do so for free.)

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Vote. C
[Int] Cold Start
Plays on your ship; Stop it OR Relocate a stopped ship to or from a corresponding time location here OR move a stopped ship one mission away from here.
Last edited by Smiley on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: G
[NA] Rain Robinson
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
Astronomer living in Los Angeles during the late 20th century. Had a brief romance with Tom Paris. Can cook a good pesto and her friends call her "Glitch".
[SD] ENGINEER [SD] SCIENCE [SD] Astrophysics x2
[DL] Dial-up (as an event)

INTEGRITY: 7 CUNNING: 8 STRENGTH: 5
~D

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What, no votes for hottie Ann?!?

Vote: C

[Evt] Transparent Aluminum {ST:TVH}
"You realize that by giving him the formula you're altering history."
"Why? How do we know he didn't invent the thing?"
[1E-AU]
Plays on a time location where you have a native and a non-native personnel present. For the rest of the game, your ships native to this time location are attributes all +2. (Not duplicatable.)

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vote A

[Evt] Get out! Get out now!
Kruge should have been more careful with his crew's lives, but his desire for the Genesis Device was too great. Scott made certain that the Enterprise's self-destruct sequence would not be able to be rolled back. Future boarding parties would never get to make the same mistake.
Plays on your ship (free if Matching Commander aboard). Opponent may not use Emergency Transporter Armbands here. You may download Auto-Destruct Sequence here (ship explodes immediately).

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: F

----------------

[D] (4) Closed Temporal Loop
Randomly select a personnel to be killed. You may download a card with the same title as the killed personnel and place it with your personnel present; you now command that personnel and it joins this mission attempt. If there is a copy of Closed Temporal Loop underneath this mission, return this dilemma to its owner's dilemma pile.
"Captain Picard! I cannot allow you to leave. Before we can go forward, the cycle must end." --Captain Jean-Luc Picard

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: F (I love the idea of Evil Nurse Chapel. :D )

My Entry: (Who says Time Locations always have to be in the past! :wink: )

[S] Anti-Time Future

2395 Devron System: A place where all good things must come to an end.

Seeds or plays on table; any player may download Future Enterprise, U.S.S. Pasteur, I.K.C. Chang or I.K.C. Fek'lhr here. Native to this timeline: Beverly Picard, Governor Worf, I.K.C. Chang and [1E-AU] personnel and ships with “alternate future” in lore (they may mix and cooperate.) Once per turn, one such card reporting at this location may report for free. Any player with a staffed ship here may, in place of their normal card play, download Anti-Time Anomaly or Static Warp Shell.

[Obj] It's Bigger In The Past.

[CD 10]

Seeds or plays on 2395 Devron System. Download three Anti-Time Anomalys from outside of the game and place them on table (game text suspended while this objective in play.) When there are no Anti-Time Anomalys in play, place this objective out of play. When a mission is completed, that player loses points equal to double the current countdown icon on this card. When countdown expires, place literally all cards out of play and game ends.

A few notes: All Good Things is one of my all time favourite episodes of any series (Trek or otherwise) so when I saw the challenge I knew I had to do a card from it (or two.)

Anti-Time Future is the first Space time location, meaning you'll need a ship there to report your personnel if you don't want them to die in a vacuum. But helpfully you can downlaod one of four for free when you seed it (but so can your opponent, so watch out for your nemesis.) It also lets you download Anti-Time Anomaly or Static Warp Shell, which is a broken link, but would probably be an interrupt that nullified Anti-Time Anomaly (and probably Static Warp Bubble too.) Obviously the personnel selection would need to be fleshed out a bit, with either 2E conversions or new 1E versions of the rest of the former (Future) Enterprise crew (and possibly the Pasteur as well.)

It's Bigger In The Past tries to replicate the events of the episode, with a ticking clock that will lead to the eventual destruction of all of reality if you can't stop it. I've tried to represent the way that the Anomaly grows backwards by making the card more powerful in the early turns, and gradually less as time moves forward (well until it destroys all life in the universe.)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
VOTE F

[Fed] U.S.S. Relativity
WELLS CLASS [1E-AU]

29th century Starfleet vessel commanded by Captain
Braxton. Equipped with spacetime sensors and
temporal transporters.
[Cmd] [Cmd] [1E-AU] [1E-AU]
Holodeck, Tractor Beam, Temporal Transporters
[DL] Any [Fed] [1E-AU] personnel (from discard pile)

RANGE 11 WEAPONS 11 SHIELDS 12
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
Vote B (Return to Tomorrow was one of the first TOS episodes I remember watching)

[Kli] [NA] Dr. Kruge

[Stf] [1E-AU] SCIENCE
Klingon scientist from a parallel universe. Expert in time
travel. Found himself stranded on 20th century Earth so
took on the disguise of a human, Emmett Brown.
[SD] ENGINEER [SD] Physics [SD] Biology [DL] Temporal Vortex
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Worth 10 points while at a Time Location.
INTEGRITY 8 CUNNING 9 STRENGTH 6
Last edited by KazonPADD on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:New Thematic is up! :

Thematic V 16: 'Monster Mash'
Great to see this again, awesome that you're back! But also a huge thanks to Kazonpadd for keeping this going.
(Only a pity that I just missed the deadline for #15... but I kept forgetting to actually put time in entering)
Thank you. I won't be adding the voting and scores till later in the week (Monday at the earliest), so if you or anyone want to get in an entry for #15 today you can.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.