For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen that every once in a while we got a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
none

Original:
[NA] Timicin
[Stf] CIVILIAN
Kaelonian. Romantically involved with Lwaxana Troi. Must submit to The Resolution at age 60.
[Discarded when you reach 60 or more points.]
[SD]ENGINEER [SD]Astrophysics [SD]Physics [SD]Scores 10 points if helps solve Test Mission.
[INTEGRITY 6] [CUNNING 8] [STRENGTH 3]

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 1 •Timicin
Resolved Scientist
Kaelonian
[Stf]
[SD]2 Astrometrics [SD]Engineer [SD]Physics [SD]Science
If you have 60 or more points, kill this personnel.
“It has taken forty years of my life to develop the programming which will control your photon torpedos. It has been my life. My only wish has been to find a way to revive our sun before I die.”
[INTEGRITY 6] [CUNNING 7] [STRENGTH 3]

Notes:
Two missions down? Too bad.

Next: Suprising Skills
Last edited by The Guardian on Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Hey the Guardian,

Just started looking at these, quite cool. Glancing at your Timicin 2E version, I'd almost recommend a couple changes [to fit some of the mechanics we got with WYLB]...

Raise his cost to 3, change the subtitle to "Resolute Scientist" {I think that's what's called for, rather than Resolved, IINM}, and give him the ability/effect..."When this personnel attempts your [S] mission that's worth 40 or more points, each of your other personnel present double their first [SD] and are not affected by Accelerated Aging."

just my :twocents: :thumbsup:
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Great card Guardian, I think it really represents the character well and you've done a great job of combining story telling and gameplay.

Karon of Borg, interesting ideas, but I think I prefer The Guardians take on the character of Timicin. Also doubling first listed skill is a very 1E ability which I'm not sure really works very well in 2E.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
karonofborg13 wrote:Hey the Guardian,

Just started looking at these, quite cool. Glancing at your Timicin 2E version, I'd almost recommend a couple changes [to fit some of the mechanics we got with WYLB]...

Raise his cost to 3, change the subtitle to "Resolute Scientist" {I think that's what's called for, rather than Resolved, IINM}, and give him the ability/effect..."When this personnel attempts your [S] mission that's worth 40 or more points, each of your other personnel present double their first [SD] and are not affected by Accelerated Aging."

just my :twocents: :thumbsup:
Welcome aboard. Always happy to hear new input. Let's start with the subtitle. While "resolute" is probably a better derivation of Resolution than "resolved" and denotes the same thing, it has a connotation that means "stubborn" while "resolved" means "decided." He was open-minded, just committed to his culture. Anybody else agree or disagree?

As for the ability (and consequent cost increase), I agree that the current text feels pretty good.

Please, feel free to comment again. You don't have to look far to see how I take advice all the time.
Last edited by The Guardian on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Is there any interest from the greater area to com[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]