For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of Lt. (j.g.) Picard)
[Fed] 1 •Jean-Luc Picard
Assistant Astrophysics Officer
Human
[Stf] [TNG] [AU]
•Astrometrics •Navigation •Science
When your opponent is about to draw dilemmas, you may make your opponent draw one extra dilemma and spend one extra in total cost on dilemmas to exchange this personnel for a [TNG] personnel from hand. Remove this personnel from the game.
“I can’t live out my days as that person. That man is bereft of passion and imagination. That’s not who I am.”
INTEGRITY 5 CUNNING 5 STRENGTH 5

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[Fed] 2 •Jean-Luc Picard
Unraveled
Human
[Stf] [TNG] [AU]
•Astrometrics •Engineer •Physics •Science
Q.
When you play this personnel, you may download Engineering PADD and/or Science PADD.
“Please. This is important to me. I believe that I can do more.”
INTEGRITY 6 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 6
38 V 27

Notes:
Mine actually went through quite a few changes to make him useable, but stayed with the same basic idea that he is willing to put up with more danger if he doesn’t have to be the pitiable man he considers himself. With a cost of 1, he’s a bargain for an upgrade. When we designed the “Unraveled” version (such an awesome subtitle, by the way; not sure I ever mentioned to Matt how much I liked it), we sort of placed it on the 2-cost level as an intention. Also, we wanted the ability to be simple. A targeted download worked and we imagined the picture being Picard confused on the bridge with a PADD in hand. Engineer and Science were to make use of his PADD access (Engineering PADD because that made sense as an Astrometrics Officer and Science PADD because that made sense with the blue uniform, and maybe getting back to his roots as an Archaeology lover at the Academy). I have grown more attached to the dark and brooding picture of Picard hating his existence, though. And we had no plan for the Q keyword on a personnel, but we could think of other examples and he does interact with one card: Collapse Anti-Time Anomaly. I do like my quote better; it explains the lowered stats. The CC’s quote is good too, though, demonstrating that this is indeed a lesser version of Picard, with a cost to match.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation