For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of Allamill)
[NA] 1 •Allamill
Transport Contact
Alien
[Stf] [Pa]
•Acquisition •Astrometrics •Navigation •Treachery
Smuggler.
When you play this personnel, you may download a [NA] personnel.
“Place you name, money I name. Otherwise, bargain, no.”
INTEGRITY 4 CUNNING 4 STRENGTH 4

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[NA] 1 Allamill
Alien
[Stf] [Pa]
•Astrometrics •Navigation
Smuggler.
When you play this personnel, the next Commodity event you play this turn is cost –2.
“Place you name, money I name. Otherwise, bargain no.”
INTEGRITY 4 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 6
38 V 35

Notes:
To me, the alien that McCoy tries to barter a flight with is so memorable as to be unique, but given his final ability is meant to be a weaker form of Pimoo for other affiliations, it makes sense to make him non-unique too. Downloading a [NA] personnel is what the original card did, but doesn’t really make a lot of sense. (Though, to be fair, I’m not sure the Commodity text is a perfect match either, but there aren’t a ton of Smugglers out there.) I traded a lack of attributes (the guy was scummy, sort of daft, and looked a little frail) for Acquisition (which the final version can get from one of his cheap Commodities) and Treachery. The final version ups the Cunning and Strength (I guess I’m prejudiced towards whatever species he ends up being), but lands on the same quote (which is my main reason for enjoying the character, as I mentioned).

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]