For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I knew after doing 1-2 Punch-Up long enough, one of the concepts I have already finished would be used in the actual game. Let’s see how the two versions stack up.

My Version: (off of V’Ger)
[S] 3 V’Ger
Unless you have Anthropology, Diplomacy, Programming and Integrity>35 or 2 Telepathy and Cunning>32, place this dilemma on your headquarters. To play a card at this mission, you must discard a card from hand. At the end of your next turn, remove this dilemma from the game.
“V’Ger demands the information.”

The Continuing Committee’s Version:
[S] V’Ger
Unless you have Diplomacy, Exobiology, and Cunning>35 or Archaeology, Programming, and Strength>35, all your personnel are stopped and this dilemma is placed on your ship.
Damage – You may not play interrupts.
“Intruder scans emanate from the exact center of the cloud. Energy of a type…never before encountered.”
39 V 3

Notes:
I decided that since V’Ger was heading for Earth, it should affect headquarters. It would make life there hard until it got its answer (hence the quote). The Damage text is interesting, but since V’Ger straight up vaporized ships (something I was attempting to avoid), I’m not sure I understand. Maybe the dilemma represents the shot fired at the Enterprise that the shields barely absorbed. Then, I’m not sure I get the inability to play interrupts (thematically) as it was Kirk’s quick thinking (I assume interrupts represent clever ideas from our characters in the game) that prevented further damage and the first shot didn’t prevent that. (I never understood how the Klingons didn’t think to put up shields, but that’s beside the point.) If anyone has a storyline explanation, I love those. Otherwise, I got two of the skills right and the idea of having two attribute requirements. Another good space dilemma for an attribute denial deck.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Maybe the interruption prevention is a reference to how plodding the movie is. :wink:

I think conceptually the idea is that interruptions are like distractions and V'Ger keeps you focused.

Yes technically the damage text should probably be something like "can't play interrupts targeting crew on the ship or interrupts that require this crew (i.e. if Homeward bound requires "3 [Voy] personnel" you better have those 3 personnel somewhere in play other than on the damaged ship)" but that would be too complicated to fit onto the card so just simplifying it to shutting down the player.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]