For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Original:
[P] A Passionate Vulcan
Banished from Vulcan, Sybok urged people to face their pain and draw strength from it.
Unless Mindmeld and Anthropology present, opponent may download (or relocate) Sybok here and may download Release This Pain onto one of your personnel present (random selection). Discard dilemma.
1 V

2E Equivalent:
[D] 2 A Passionate Vulcan
Unless you have Telepathy and Strength>32 or 3 Anthropology, randomly select a personnel to be stopped. Your opponent may then reveal his or her Sybok or personnel with Telepathy and Treachery to place the selected personnel on his or her headquarters mission. Your opponent now commands that personnel.
“Imagine that.”

Notes:
I used my conversion of A Good Day to Lie as a template for this card.

Next: Oxymoron 2
Last edited by The Guardian on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
If your opponent commands Sybok or a personnel with Telepathy and Treachery, place him or her
At first glance I read that as the person facing the dilemma gets Sybok or the T&T guy. Maybe, "place the selected personnel."

Actually why use "instead"? Why not just that person is stopped, your opponent may reveal _ if they do, they gain the personnel but can't use them right away because they're still dealing with that pain & revelation. So...
Your opponent may then reveal a Sybok or a personnel with Telepathy and Treachery they command to place the selected personnel on your opponent’s headquarters. Your opponent now commands that personnel.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Nate Winchester wrote:
If your opponent commands Sybok or a personnel with Telepathy and Treachery, place him or her
At first glance I read that as the person facing the dilemma gets Sybok or the T&T guy. Maybe, "place the selected personnel."

Actually why use "instead"? Why not just that person is stopped, your opponent may reveal _ if they do, they gain the personnel but can't use them right away because they're still dealing with that pain & revelation. So...
Your opponent may then reveal a Sybok or a personnel with Telepathy and Treachery they command to place the selected personnel on your opponent’s headquarters. Your opponent now commands that personnel.
Fair enough. :thumbsup:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:
Nate Winchester wrote:

Fair enough. :thumbsup:
oh I just realized I unintentionally ripped you off (kept thinking I had just seen that idea). I'll edit to give you credit right now.
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]