For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Original:
[P] Investigate Probe Origin
Kataan: Search northern territory for evidence of long-dead settlers.
Kamin + CUNNING>30 OR Archaeology x3
Any Away Team may attempt mission. [30]
Opposite Side: CUNNING>30 OR Archaeology x3
11 V

2E Equivalent:
[P] •Kataan
Investigate Probe Origin
[AQ] [30]
(Jean-Luc Picard and Ressikan Flute in your core or 3 Archaeology), Science, and Cunning>32
When you complete this mission, if you have at least ten cards in your deck and discard pile, you may exchange your deck with your discard pile. Then, shuffle your deck.
“All life in the system was destroyed approximately one thousand years ago.”
Any affiliation (except [Bor]) may attempt this mission.

Notes:
Sort of a supercharged Ressikan Flute that could give rise to some interesting maneuvers. Being able to replay interrupts or long-dead personnel, and even feeding the Ressikan Flute with a new supply of events. Of course, with The Inner Light being a conversion, I’ll need my own way to get Kamin out…

Bonus:
[NA] 4 •Jean-Luc Picard
Kamin
Kataanian
[AU]
•Anthropology •Archaeology •Astrometrics •Engineer •Geology •Honor •Science
You may play Ressikan Flute as if you commanded a completed mission requiring Archaeology.
“But surely the technology must exist to save something of this world.”
INTEGRITY 8 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 5

Next: Stories from Camp

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]