For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Welcome to Fill in the Blank, the set-building dream card contest!

Each week I will post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s cardlist. Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the cardlist, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the cardlist will become more and more defined, guiding the contests’ choices.

The theme of our set is The Villains of Star Trek. Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when voting. Speaking of voting, as per normal each contestant will vote for one of the previous week’s entries (with the exception that as the contest runner, I will vote ONLY in the case of a tie).

Our winner from last week: DJStormtrooper!

DJStormtrooper wrote: [Rom] 3 •Raptor One
[Stf] [Pa] Drone Class
When your opponent attempts a mission, you may discard an event from hand to place this ship at that mission.
Order - Choose your personnel at another mission. That personnel is considered to be aboard this ship. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
Range 6 Weapons 4 Shields 4

Here are our entries for this week:

Entry A wrote: [Int] Detached Morals
Interrupt
Return your personnel with 2 Treachery to his or her owner's hand to reveal an opponent's hand and discard a personnel revealed.
"You know, there was a time when I wouldn't hurt a fly..."
Entry B wrote: [Int] And Share it With Me
Interrupt
If an opponent's personnel is about to be killed by a dilemma, reveal and stop your personnel with Telepathy and Treachery to take command of that personnel instead (if possible). That personnel becomes [NA] and gains the Infiltrator keyword.
Entry C wrote: [Int] Aggressive Recruiting
When your opponent plays a personnel of cost 4 or more, you may download a personnel of cost 4 or more.
"The knowledge and experience of the human - Picard - is part of us now."
Entry D wrote: [Int] Alternate Strategy

When your [AU] personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to exchange him or her with a non- [AU] personnel from hand. Both of those personnel must have the same card title.

“You know, you did pretty good back there. I don't think anyone suspected you weren't Captain Sisko. At least, not once you hit Bashir.”
Entry E wrote: [Evt] (2) •Zenite Ore
Commodity. (When a player plays or takes command of this event, it is placed in that player's core.) While you command but do not own this event, your opponent's dilemmas that require Biology or Exobiology are cost -1.
Found on only one planet in the galaxy, Zenite is the single known substance that can halt a particularly devastating strain of botanical plague.
Entry F wrote: [Int] Catastrophic Sabotage
When a damage card is placed on an opponent's ship, if your Infiltrator is aboard that ship, lose 10 points to destroy that ship.
"Someone on this ship is guilty of sabotage..."
Entry G wrote: [Int] I Can Live With It
When your [Fed] [DS9] Treachery personnel is about to be stopped or killed by a dilemma, prevent that.
"Computer, delete that entire log."
"Beep. Boop"
Entry H wrote: [Int] A Cold-served Dish
Interrupt
When your Genetically Enhanced personnel at a planet mission is stopped or killed by a dilemma that does not require a skill, you may choose: return up to two dilemma's from beneath an opponent's space mission and return them to your dilemma pile; or score 5 points for each opponent's completed space mission.
"It is very cold ...in space."
Entry I wrote: [Int] Armed and Dangerous
Interrupt
Assault. When your Bajoran Resistance personnel is in combat or facing a dilemma, remove a Hand Weapon in your discard pile from the game to download a non-Artifact Hand Weapon and place it with that personnel.
Order - Begin combat involving your Bajoran Resistance personnel equipped with a Hand Weapon.

Please remember to vote for one of these entries in your post, referencing the entry’s letter.

This week’s card is...

Card #27!

Card #27 must come between Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat (Personnel - Dominion - Card #26) and William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor (Personnel - Federaion - Card #29). This card would have to be a personnel, either Dominion (albeit extremely late in the alphabet) or Federation.
Last edited by GooeyChewie on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Here’s what we have so far:

Dilemmas:

1. Evil’s Plans
Danny wrote: [D] (0) Evils Plans

Your opponent discards a personnel that could be played at his or her headquarters mission from his or her hand. That personnel's cost is added to this dilemma's cost. Unless you have the skills on that personnel, all your personnel are stopped.
"And another thing. These villains always have a trick up their sleeve. Trapdoors, secret weapons."
By Danny

2. Forcefield Failure
Danny wrote: [S] (3) Forcefield Failure
Choose one: place this dilemma on your ship at this mission; or all your personnel are stopped.
Damage - This damage card counts as two damage cards.
"Warning. Hull breach on deck one. Emergency forcefields inoperative."
By Danny

3. Gift of the Tormentor
GooeyChewie wrote: [D] (4) Gift of the Tormentor
Dilemma
Choose one: Your personnel are attributes +2 until the end of the mission attempt and your opponent scores 5 points; or lose 5 points.
"We have offered you a gift beyond all other gifts."
By GooeyChewie

4. I’m Going To Miss You
[D] 3 I'm Going To Miss You.

Dilemma

When your opponent reveals this dilemma, add 5 to each of this dilemma's requirements for each different Q event in play. Unless you have an attribute > 30, all your personnel are stopped, and if you have more points than your opponent, lose 5 points.

“Goodbye, Jean-Luc. I'm gonna miss you. You had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end.”
By MattgomeryScott

Equipment:

7. Orb of Wisdom
Danny wrote: [Equ] (3) •Orb of Wisdom
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Orb. When your personnel present is facing a dilemma, you may meet an attribute requirement of that dilemma using any attribute instead. You may do this only once each turn.
"It's one of the missing Bajoran Orbs..."
By Danny

Event:

10. Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (2) Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Event
Paranoia. To play this event, each of your non-headquarters missions must require Intelligence. Plays in your core. Your [Fed] Intelligence personnel may meet Integrity and Strength requirements using Cunning.
"In time of war, the law falls silent. Cicero. So is that what we have become? A twenty fourth century Rome driven by nothing more than the certainty that Caesar can do no wrong!"
By GooeyChewie

13. Triskelion Trial
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (0) Triskelion Trial
Event
Plays in your core. When your dilemma would randomly select three personnel, you may instead choose one eligible personnel. You may do this only once each turn.
"As leader of your people, your spirit seems most indomitable. We suggest you alone, pitted against three contestants of our choosing."
By GooeyChewie

14. Ultimatum
Peers wrote: [Evt] (2) *Ultimatum
To play this event, lose 5 points. Plays on an opponent's mission. When you play this event, name a personnel. This mission may not be completed if that personnel is at this mission.
"There can be no peace... as long as Kirk lives!"
By Peers

16. Yridian Informant
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (1) Yridian Informant
Event
Plays on an opponent's mission. When that player begins a mission attempt at that mission, you may destroy this event to examine your opponent's personnel involved.
"I am Jaglom Shrek, a man with information to sell."
By GooeyChewie

17. *in voting*

Interrupt:

18. I Do Not Take Orders From You!
CaptMDKirk wrote: [Int] I Do Not Take Orders From You!
Interrupt
To play this interrupt, you must command a personnel with 2 Treachery. When your opponent executes one of his or her personnel's order abilities, discard a card from hand to prevent that. That order ability may not be executed until the end of this turn. Remove this interrupt from the game.
"Admiral Dougherty will not be joining us for dinner."
By CaptMDKirk

Missions:

20. Amargagosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
DJStormtrooper wrote: [S] •Amaragosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
[AQ] 40
Programming, Transporters, 2 Treachery and Cunning >34
When you attempt this mission, if there are no dilemmas beneath it, choose an opponent's incomplete mission. When that mission is completed, lose 10 points.
Span 4
[Fer] [Kli] [Rom] [NA]
By DJStormtrooper

21. Earth, Seat of the Empire
Peers wrote: [H] * Earth, Seat of the Empire
[AQ]
You may play [Pa] [AU] cards and equipment at this mission. At the end of your turn, any non-[Pa][AU] personnel you command are killed unless they have Treachery.
This mission is not attemptable.
--2--
By Peers

Personnel - Borg:

24. Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Bor] (4) •Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
[Cmd] Borg
• 2 Leadership • Officer • 2 Treachery
Commander: Borg Queen's Vessel. When you win an engagement involving this personnel, you may discard the top card of your deck. If it is an event, you may name a skill; randomly select an opponent's personnel involved who has that skill, take command of him or her and place him or her aboard your ship.
"Welcome home."
Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone

Personnel - Dominion:

26. Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Dom] (4) •Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
[Cmd] Vorta
Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy, Exobiology, Leadership, Treachery
When this personnel would be stopped or killed by a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to have him gain a skill of your choice until the end of your turn instead.
"Oh my! That is quite toxic, isn't it?"
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 4
By WeyounsLastClone

27. *in creation*

Personnel - Federation:

29. William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
Peers wrote: [Fed] (4) * William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
[Cmd] [AU] Human
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D. When any number of your [AU] personnel are about to be stopped, you may kill your non-[AU] personnel on a ship at this mission to prevent that.
"You don't know what it's like in our universe... NO! WE WON'T GO BACK!"
Integrity 4 -- Cunning 6 -- Strength 6
By Peers

Personnel - Non-aligned:

31. Arne Darvin, “Hero to the Empire”
Danny wrote: [NA] (2) •Arne Darvin, "Hero to the Empire"
Klingon
•Acquisition •Anthropology •Geology •Programming •Treachery
Assassin.
When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by your Infestation, you may return this personnel to his owner's hand to kill that personnel.
"I see myself standing with Kirk's head in one hand – and a tribble in the other."
INT 3 CUN 5 STR 5
By Danny

Personnel - Romulan:

33. Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Rom] (4) •Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
[Cmd] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Engineer, Leadership, Officer, 2 Treachery
Commander: Scimitar. When you play this personnel, your opponent draws a card and then reveals his or her hand. This personnel is cost -1 for each Event and Interrupt revealed.
"And my voice shall echo through time, long after yours has faded to a dim memory!"
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone

Ships:

35. Borg Abduction Cube
Peers wrote: [Bor] (7) *Borg Abduction Cube
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
When a [S] dilemma you own of cost 4 or more is revealed, you may remove that dilemma from the game to place this ship from hand at the mission that dilemma was to be faced.
Order- Discard a card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, select an opponent's personnel involved to be beamed to this ship.
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11
By Peers

36. Raptor One
DJStormtrooper wrote: [Rom] 3 •Raptor One
[Stf] [Pa] Drone Class
When your opponent attempts a mission, you may discard an event from hand to place this ship at that mission.
Order - Choose your personnel at another mission. That personnel is considered to be aboard this ship. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
Range 6 Weapons 4 Shields 4
By DJStormtrooper

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: A

---------------

[Fed] (2) *Adrian Wilson, Now In Line
[Stf] [Pa] [AU] Human
[SD] Exobiology [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
When your [Cmd] personnel present is about to be killed, you may kill your non- [Cmd] personnel present to prevent that.
Might even make Captain one day.
Integrity 4 -- Cunning 5 -- Strength 6

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Vote D
[Fed] 4 •Bruce Kennelly, Resentful Conspirator
Human, [Cmd] [E]
[SD] Diplomacy [SD] Exobiology [SD] Law [SD] Officer [SD] Treachery
Admiral.
Order -
Stop this personnel and place your [Stf] [TNG] personnel on the bottom of his or her owner's deck to draw two cards.
"The Federation has dozens of settlements in that sector. We can not allow the violence to continue."
Integrity 3 Cunning 7 Strength 5
Last edited by CaptMDKirk on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vote B.
[Dom] (2) •Yelgrun, Exchange Negotiator
[Cmd] Vorta
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Archaeology [SD] Biology [SD] Diplomacy
Order - Return your captive to owner's hand or place this personnel in an opponent's brig to take one of your personnel from that same player's brig and place him or her at your headquarters mission or ship.
I: 4 C: 5 S: 4

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
And for those curious, so far:

4 cards: Danny, GooeyChewie, Peers
3 cards: WeyounsLastClone
2 cards: DJStormtrooper
1 card: MattgomeryScott, CaptMDKirk

19 cards done
1 in voting
1 in creation
15 cards left to go:

2 cards could be Dilemmas or Equipment
2 could be Equipment or Events
3 must be events
1 could be an interrupt or mission
2 could be missions, Bajoran personnel, or Borg personnel
1 could be Borg, Cardassian, or Dominion
1 could be Dominion or Federation
1 could be Federation, Ferengi, Klingon, or Non-Aligned
1 could be Non-aligned or Romulan
1 could be Romulan or Starfleet, or a Bajoran or Borg ship.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Nice stats! Thanks :thumbsup:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Vote F
[Fed] (3) •Patrick West, Co-Conspirator
[Cmd] [TOS] [Pa] [E] Human
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Intelligence •Officer •Security •Treachery
Assassin.
Order -
Return this personnel to his owner's hand to kill an opponent's [Kli] personnel present.
"...quite frankly, Mister President we can clean their chronometers."
INT 3 CUN 5 STR 6

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: G

My Entry:

[Fed] 3 *Patrick West, Co-Conspirator

[Cmd] [TOS] [Pa] [E] Human

Anthropology, Exobiology, Navigation, Security, Treachery

Admiral. Assassin. Infiltrator. When an opponent's personnel present is facing a dilemma, you may destroy an event in your core to kill that personnel and if you have already used this ability this turn, kill this personnel.

Integrity: 3, Cunning: 6, Strength: 6

Notes: Colonel West from the Undiscovered Country (well the extended cut anyway.) As with the film, he can get off a shot, but if he tries for a second it costs him his life.

Notes 2: Goes to post. See's Danny's entry.... Damnit! :x

Notes 3: Well, I haven't got any other ideas, so going to stick with this one. Whilst they share a title, they're different takes on the character. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:Notes 2: Goes to post. See's Danny's entry.... Damnit! :x
You're welcome :wink:
MattgomeryScott wrote:Notes 3: Well, I haven't got any other ideas, so going to stick with this one. Whilst they share a title, they're different takes on the character. :D

Quite so. Infiltrator I can see (although one might argue he was supposed to be there, albeit in a different capacity), but it's interesting you went with Admiral - I read something about him having an admiral's uniform, but as they called him Colonel (not a naval/Starfleet term), I thought I couldn't swing it. Assassin - obviously. :)

My skills are totally non-canon - Memory Beta book references give his background.

Also, I went with Cunning 5 as I couldn't justify anyone who gets taken out by Scotty as having Cunning >5 :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:Notes 2: Goes to post. See's Danny's entry.... Damnit! :x
You're welcome :wink:
MattgomeryScott wrote:Notes 3: Well, I haven't got any other ideas, so going to stick with this one. Whilst they share a title, they're different takes on the character. :D

Quite so. Infiltrator I can see (although one might argue he was supposed to be there, albeit in a different capacity), but it's interesting you went with Admiral - I read something about him having an admiral's uniform, but as they called him Colonel (not a naval/Starfleet term), I thought I couldn't swing it. Assassin - obviously. :)

My skills are totally non-canon - Memory Beta book references give his background.

Also, I went with Cunning 5 as I couldn't justify anyone who gets taken out by Scotty as having Cunning >5 :wink:
Interesting. As for my take:

Admiral is a reference to the confusion over his uniform. It's also possible that he held ranks in two branches of Starfleet (the Marine Corps as referenced by being referred to as Colonel, and it appearing on one of the charts; "space force" by the uniform and the plan heavily involving starships.) Also according to Memory Beta in a divergent timeline he rose to be head of Starfleet, using the rank of Admiral, so figured it made sense.

Infiltrator is because he's a Federation person impersonating a Klingon to act against the Klingons (and Federation.) This is in keeping with the general rule of thumb that 2E seems to use that a person infiltrating an affiliation for their benefit gains the new affiliation and is a non-infiltrator (e.g. Jean-Luc Picard, Bearer of Ill Tidings , Data, From the City of Rateg ) while those that are operating against the affiliation generally retain their original affiliation and have Infiltrator (e.g. Bashir Founder , Geordi La Forge, Sleeper Agent who was also supposed to be where he was, just not trying to kill someone. :shifty: )

My Skills are also based on Memory Beta, though I tried to keep the skill list limited due to wanting to keep his cost down with the powerful ability. I went with Exobiology for being able to impersonate a Klingon well enough to fool most people, and Navigation for planning Operation Retrieve. And I cut Officer and Intelligence again to keep the skill count down.

Cunning 6 felt right for being one of the key conspirators and planning Operation Retrieve, and I was representing him being stopped by Scotty through the ability. (He can get off one shot, but if he pushes his luck he gets killed.

Subtitle was following on from the others... though my alternate subtitle would be "About To Kick The Bucket" which seems appropriate seeing he would go on to play Odo. :wink:

And I didn't feel I had space for lore, but like the one you went with. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote I

[Fed] (4) •Jake Sisko, War Correspondent
[TN] Human
[SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] Honor [SD] Law [SD] Programming
Order- Each player draws 30 dilemmas, removes any not drawn from the game, then shuffles and returns any remaining. You may do this only once each game.
"Some people say that you don't know what you're really made of until you've been in battle."
I:6 C:6 S:5

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:Vote I

[Fed] (4) •Jake Sisko, War Correspondent
[TN] Human
[SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] Honor [SD] Law [SD] Programming
Order- Each player draws 30 dilemmas, removes any not drawn from the game, then shuffles and returns any remaining. You may do this only once each game.
"Some people say that you don't know what you're really made of until you've been in battle."
I:6 C:6 S:5
Hello Temporal Transporters...
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]