For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
None.

Original:
[Evt] Tyranny
[1E-AU] [Countdown: 3]
Powerful dictatorships like the Terran Empire have traditionally gained additional manpower by creating a pervasive climate of fear.
Plays on table. At the start of your turn, if you had no cards in hand when your turn began, you may download to hand a [MQ] [22] card or an [1E-AU] event. (Cumulative.)
14 V

2E Equivalent:
[Evt] 1 Tyranny
To play this event, you must command three [SF] [AU] personnel. Plays in your core. While your [AU] MACO personnel is involved in combat or a mission attempt, he or she is Integrity –1, Cunning –1, and Strength +1.
“All I require from you is your loyalty. Do I have it?”

Notes:
The 1E Tyranny is more of an engine, but since 2E has a cost structure, I decided to do a little more to enable their fantastic ability to boost attributes, this time at the cost of others. The Strength bonus will go hand in hand with entry #1643 and the stuff I have planned for the Mirror MACOs.

Next: Horta Hears a Crew

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]