For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Launch Military Strike exists as Qo’noS, Heart of the Empire (Mission in 2E Premier) and Bajor Orbit, Mirror Terok Nor (Mission in this set).
Observe Spatial Coordinates and Vintaak Drydock Station/Vintaak Disappearance Site exist as Tholian Space, Examine Spatial Interphase (Mission in this set).
Sabotage Biosphere exists as Avert Danger (Mission in Energize).

Original:
[S] Unsanctioned Attack
Dissident-controlled space: Bypass chain of command to coordinate strike on subversives.
Treachery x2 + CUNNING>35 + discard one [Cmd] personnel
[Rom] [SF] [35] [MQ]
28 V

2E Equivalent:
[S] •Dissident-Controlled Space
Repel Rebel Forces
[AQ] [35]
Intelligence, Leadership, Officer, Science, and Cunning>34 or Engineer, Physics, Security, Treachery, and Strength>34
To attempt this mission, an [AU] personnel must be present.
“…I’ve ordered a course to rendezvous with the assault fleet.”
[Baj] [Car] [Kli] [SF]

Notes:
This goes back to an earlier theme with the DS9-era Mirror Universe personnel. But basically, you win the battle through strategic planning or through brute force warfare. On a separate note, I wonder if there was a reason to include the Romulan affiliation in the 1E version. They were only ever mentioned once in the Mirror Universe and never seen. Was the one mission going to be a draw for them to jump quadrants? I’d honestly like to know what I’m missing. I’m not a great 1E player. My choices were the evil Empire affiliations: Bajorans, Cardassians, and Klingons for the DS9-era and Starfleet for the Enterprise-era.

Next: Villain’s Journey

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

@winterflames Do you still have this event goin[…]

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]