For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Last post! I've no idea if this archetype is workable, but here goes. It's my attempt to reproduce the idea of assimilating entire civilisations.

[H]Unicomplex, Assimilation Nexus
[DQ] 0
You may play [Bor] cards and equipment at this mission.
You cannot command another Headquarters mission. All other missions you command must have "Assimilate" in the title or subtitle.
Order-Reveal a non- [Bor] personnel or ship in your hand and place it on the bottom of your deck to draw a card.
Borg Headquarters.
Span 2
In addition to my homebrewed "assimilated homeworld" missions this allows you to play a few others (i.e. Wolf 359, Assimilate Resistance). Since the assimilated homeworld missions eventually allow you to play cards from other factions you'll have those cards clogging up your deck, so the Order allows you to cycle through them while they're still dead draws

And here's a sample homeworld for you to assimilate. The idea is there would be one for each faction ("Ferenginar, Assimilate Ferengi Alliance", "Romulus, Assimilate Romulan Star Empire" etc.), each with slightly varying requirements to complete. "Earth, Stop First Contact" served as the inspiration for having a duplicate of an opponent's HQ.

[P] •Earth, Assimilate United Federation of Planets
[AQ] 40
Borg Queen, a Cube-class ship, Cunning>40 and Strength>40
Region: Sector 001. If this mission is completed, you may play [Fed] cards at this mission at cost -1. They are considered to be cards you command but do not own.
Order -If this mission is completed, download a [Fed] card. You may do this only once each turn.

And last, a little reward for being a dutiful conqueror:

[Evt] 0 •Your Cultures Will Adapt To Service Us
Plays in your core. Your Drones gain the following skills for each of the associated missions you have completed: Acquisition (Ferenginar), Diplomacy (Earth), Honour (Bajor, Qo'nos), Intelligence (Cardassia Prime, Romulus), Law (Founder's Homeworld), Telepathy (Betazed).
Gotta catch 'em all! Officer is still beyond the Borg reach, though, as is Telepathy until they produce a version of Betazed the Borg can attempt.
Last edited by rferries on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
rferries wrote:[H]Unicomplex, Assimilation Nexus
[DQ] 0
You may play [Bor] cards and equipment at this mission.
You cannot command another Headquarters mission. All other missions you command must have "Assimilate" in the title or subtitle.
Order-Reveal a non- [Bor] personnel or ship in your hand and place it on the bottom of your deck to draw a card.
Borg Headquarters.
Span 2
Borg already have plenty of ways to manipulate their hand. The "Assimilate" requirement seems forced, but I understand your desire to limit the new HQ in some way.
[AQ] 40
Region: Sector 001. If this mission is completed, you may play [Fed] cards at this mission at cost -1. They are considered to be cards you command but do not own.
Order -If this mission is completed, download a [Fed] card. You may do this only once each turn.
I have a fundamental problem with this gametext: it tries to change ownership of a card. If you don't own it, it must be owned by your opponent, right? If not, can a card have no owner? What happens when I try to "return it to its owner's deck"? And again on the downloading bit - it just encourages bulkier decks that should by all rights not work otherwise.
[Evt] 0 •Your Cultures Will Adapt To Service Us
Plays in your core. Your Drones gain the following skills for each of the associated missions you have completed: Acquisition (Ferenginar), Diplomacy (Earth), Honour (Bajor, Qo'nos), Intelligence (Cardassia Prime, Romulus), Law (Founder's Homeworld), Telepathy (Betazed).
A fun idea, but I think if we did the "Assimilate Homeworld" cycle you suggest, these could be tacked on as "While this mission is complete, your Drones gain XXX."

Some great stuff in here! Thanks for sharing your designs with us!

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Re: Unicomplex - I realise the Order is a bit much of a muchness but I really felt the archetype needed some way to cycle through the bloat of the non-[Bor] cards it'd run.

Re: Earth and "They are considered personnel you command but do not own" - this was meant to make them eligible for my Assimilation Bays so that they'd count as drones, but as you say it creates headaches. It'd be easier to have a line on the mission - "Your [Fed] personnel gain Drone."

Re: "Your Cultures..." - I had your suggestion as my original idea for the homeworld missions, but then I fell in love with the idea of using them as actual HQs and being able to play cards of other affiliations. However the archetype is a bit overcomplicated so maybe it's better to just give straightforward skill boosts instead. This also has the advantage of taking up less deck space too. And what about this hybrid of the two ideas:

[AQ] 40
Region: Sector 001. At the start of the game, download up to five [Fed] cards and place them under this mission. If this mission is completed, your [Fed] personnel gain Drone, your [Fed] ships are [Bor] ships, and your [Bor] personnel gain Diplomacy and Officer.
Order -If this mission is completed, play one of the cards under this mission at this mission. You may do this only once each turn.
Last edited by rferries on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
rferries wrote:[P] •Earth, Assimilate United Federation of Planets
[AQ] 40
Region: Sector 001. At the start of the game, download up to five [Fed] personnel and ships and place them under this mission. If this mission is completed, your [Fed] personnel gain Drone, your [Fed] ships are [Bor] ships, and your [Bor] personnel gain Diplomacy and Officer.
Order -If this mission is completed, play one of the cards under this mission at this mission. You may do this only once each turn.
Haha nice. This sounds like something an Objective could do - they're in testing now :)

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]