For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Welcome to Fill in the Blank, the set-building dream card contest!

Each week I will post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s cardlist. Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the cardlist, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the cardlist will become more and more defined, guiding the contests’ choices.

The theme of our set is The Villains of Star Trek. Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when voting. Speaking of voting, as per normal each contestant will vote for one of the previous week’s entries (with the exception that as the contest runner, I will vote ONLY in the case of a tie).

Our winner from last week: WeyounsLastClone!
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Fed] (2) •Matthew Dougherty, Torn Apart
[Cmd] [TNG] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Law, Leadership, Treachery
Admiral. To play this personnel, you must discard a [Fed] card from hand. When this personnel is killed, you may take a [Fed] card from your discard pile into hand.
"It was for the Federation. It was all for the Federation."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 5

Here are our entries for this week:
Entry A wrote: [Evt] (2) * Mirrored, Darkly
Plays in your core. While you have no cards in hand, you cannot lose command of this card. Cards you own that share a title with cards on this event gain [Pa], [AU], and Treachery if they do not have them already.
Order - Place a [Fed] or [SF] personnel from hand on this event.
Entry B wrote: [Evt] 2 *M-5 Computer

Decay: 5
To play this event, you must command 3 [TOS] personnel. Plays in your core.
When a Maneuver card is about to be placed in any players discard pile, place it on this event instead.
Your [TOS] ships are Weapons +1 and Shields +1 for each card on this event.

“The ship reacted more rapidly than human control could have maneuvered her. Tactics, deployment of weapons, all indicate an immense sophistication in computer control.”
Entry C wrote: [Evt] 0 Low Places
Name a card type and stop your Treachery personnel to reveal the bottom three cards of your deck. Place one of the revealed cards with the named type in your hand and discard the others. Place this event on the bottom of its owner's deck.
"I'm confident we can agree on a fair price."
Entry D wrote: [Evt] 2 •Nanoprobe Virus
To play this event, you must command Unicomplex. Plays in your opponent's core. At the start of each of your turns, download a personnel the owner of this card does not command and place it at that player's Unicomplex (that player now commands that personnel). When you command personnel at your headquarters mission with Exobiology, Intelligence and Programming or Medical and Cunning>30, destroy this event to score 10 points.
"Our previous attempts to assimilate them were all direct assaults. They failed, so we've created a more surreptitious strategy."
Entry E wrote: [Evt] (0) Jamming Frequencies
To play this event, you must command a personnel with 2 Engineer or 2 Programming. Plays in your core. When your opponent downloads a non-ship card, you may destroy this event to have that opponent download an additional different card, then you may choose one of the downloaded cards to be removed from the game.
Order- Destroy this event to shuffle a deck or dilemma pile.
Entry F wrote: [Evt] (2) Mariachi Band
Event
Q. Plays in your core. While a personnel is facing a dilemma which requires multiple levels of a skill, that personnel cannot gain that skill.
"Au contraire, mon capitaine! He's back!"

Please remember to vote for one of these entries in your post, referencing the entry’s letter.

This week’s card is...

Card #34!

Card #34 must come between Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand (Personnel - Romulan - Card #33) and Borg Abduction Cube (Ship - Borg - Card #35). This card could be a Romulan or Starfleet personnel, or a Bajoran or Borg ship.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Here’s what we have so far:

Dilemmas:

1. Evil’s Plans
Danny wrote: [D] (0) Evils Plans

Your opponent discards a personnel that could be played at his or her headquarters mission from his or her hand. That personnel's cost is added to this dilemma's cost. Unless you have the skills on that personnel, all your personnel are stopped.
"And another thing. These villains always have a trick up their sleeve. Trapdoors, secret weapons."
By Danny
2. Forcefield Failure
Danny wrote: [S] (3) Forcefield Failure
Choose one: place this dilemma on your ship at this mission; or all your personnel are stopped.
Damage - This damage card counts as two damage cards.
"Warning. Hull breach on deck one. Emergency forcefields inoperative."
By Danny
3. Gift of the Tormentor
GooeyChewie wrote: [D] (4) Gift of the Tormentor
Dilemma
Choose one: Your personnel are attributes +2 until the end of the mission attempt and your opponent scores 5 points; or lose 5 points.
"We have offered you a gift beyond all other gifts."
By GooeyChewie
4. I’m Going To Miss You
[D] 3 I'm Going To Miss You.

Dilemma

When your opponent reveals this dilemma, add 5 to each of this dilemma's requirements for each different Q event in play. Unless you have an attribute > 30, all your personnel are stopped, and if you have more points than your opponent, lose 5 points.

“Goodbye, Jean-Luc. I'm gonna miss you. You had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end.”
By MattgomeryScott
6. Xenophobic Paranoia
Peers wrote: [D] (3) Xenophobic Paranoia
Persistent. (When your personnel complete this mission, this dilemma's owner may discard a non-personnel card from hand to return this dilemma to his or her dilemma pile.)
If half (or more) of your personnel are the same species, stop all your personnel who do not share that species.
By Peers
Equipment:

7. Orb of Wisdom
Danny wrote: [Equ] (3) •Orb of Wisdom
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Orb. When your personnel present is facing a dilemma, you may meet an attribute requirement of that dilemma using any attribute instead. You may do this only once each turn.
"It's one of the missing Bajoran Orbs..."
By Danny

Event:

10. Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (2) Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Event
Paranoia. To play this event, each of your non-headquarters missions must require Intelligence. Plays in your core. Your [Fed] Intelligence personnel may meet Integrity and Strength requirements using Cunning.
"In time of war, the law falls silent. Cicero. So is that what we have become? A twenty fourth century Rome driven by nothing more than the certainty that Caesar can do no wrong!"
By GooeyChewie
11. *in voting*

12. Orbital Bombardment
Naetor wrote: [Evt] (0) •Orbital Bombardment
Plays in your core. When you win an engagement at a planet mission, you may destroy this event to randomly select two personnel on the planet to be killed.
"We just received a priority one transmission from Starfleet Command. The Breen have attacked Earth."
By Naetor
13. Triskelion Trial
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (0) Triskelion Trial
Event
Plays in your core. When your dilemma would randomly select three personnel, you may instead choose one eligible personnel. You may do this only once each turn.
"As leader of your people, your spirit seems most indomitable. We suggest you alone, pitted against three contestants of our choosing."
By GooeyChewie
14. Ultimatum
Peers wrote: [Evt] (2) *Ultimatum
To play this event, lose 5 points. Plays on an opponent's mission. When you play this event, name a personnel. This mission may not be completed if that personnel is at this mission.
"There can be no peace... as long as Kirk lives!"
By Peers
16. Yridian Informant
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (1) Yridian Informant
Event
Plays on an opponent's mission. When that player begins a mission attempt at that mission, you may destroy this event to examine your opponent's personnel involved.
"I am Jaglom Shrek, a man with information to sell."
By GooeyChewie
Interrupt:

17. And Share It With Me
Nate Winchester wrote: [Int] And Share It With Me
Interrupt
If an opponent's personnel is about to be killed by a dilemma, reveal and stop your personnel with Telepathy and Treachery to take command of that personnel instead (if possible). That personnel becomes [NA] and gains the Infiltrator keyword.
By Nate Winchester
18. I Do Not Take Orders From You!
CaptMDKirk wrote: [Int] I Do Not Take Orders From You!
Interrupt
To play this interrupt, you must command a personnel with 2 Treachery. When your opponent executes one of his or her personnel's order abilities, discard a card from hand to prevent that. That order ability may not be executed until the end of this turn. Remove this interrupt from the game.
"Admiral Dougherty will not be joining us for dinner."
By CaptMDKirk

Missions:

20. Amargagosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
DJStormtrooper wrote: [S] •Amaragosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
[AQ] 40
Programming, Transporters, 2 Treachery and Cunning >34
When you attempt this mission, if there are no dilemmas beneath it, choose an opponent's incomplete mission. When that mission is completed, lose 10 points.
Span 4
[Fer] [Kli] [Rom] [NA]
By DJStormtrooper
21. Earth, Seat of the Empire
Peers wrote: [H] * Earth, Seat of the Empire
[AQ]
You may play [Pa] [AU] cards and equipment at this mission. At the end of your turn, any non-[Pa][AU] personnel you command are killed unless they have Treachery.
This mission is not attemptable.
--2--
By Peers

Personnel - Bajoran:

23. Vaatrik Pallra, Wicked Widow
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Baj] (2) •Vaatrik Pallra, Wicked Widow
Bajoran
Acquisition, Anthropology, Diplomacy, Treachery
When an Assassin returns to his or her owner's hand, you may stop this personnel to remove that Assassin from the game instead. If that Assassin was yours, score 5 points.
"I've never seen him before in my life."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 4
By WeyounsLastClone
Personnel - Borg:

24. Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Bor] (4) •Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
[Cmd] Borg
• 2 Leadership • Officer • 2 Treachery
Commander: Borg Queen's Vessel. When you win an engagement involving this personnel, you may discard the top card of your deck. If it is an event, you may name a skill; randomly select an opponent's personnel involved who has that skill, take command of him or her and place him or her aboard your ship.
"Welcome home."
Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone

Personnel - Dominion:

26. Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Dom] (4) •Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
[Cmd] Vorta
Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy, Exobiology, Leadership, Treachery
When this personnel would be stopped or killed by a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to have him gain a skill of your choice until the end of your turn instead.
"Oh my! That is quite toxic, isn't it?"
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 4
By WeyounsLastClone
Personnel - Federation:

27. Luther Sloan, Man of Mystery
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Fed] (3) •Luther Sloan, Man of Mystery
[Cmd] [E] Human
2 Anthropology, Intelligence, Security, 2 Treachery
When an opponent's card is about to prevent or destroy your interrupt or event, you may place this personnel on the bottom of his owner's deck to prevent that.
"It's as if I never really existed."
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 5
By WeyounsLastClone
28. *Matthew Dougherty, Torn Apart
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Fed] (2) •Matthew Dougherty, Torn Apart
[Cmd] [TNG] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Law, Leadership, Treachery
Admiral. To play this personnel, you must discard a [Fed] card from hand. When this personnel is killed, you may take a [Fed] card from your discard pile into hand.
"It was for the Federation. It was all for the Federation."
By WeyounsLastClone
29. William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
Peers wrote: [Fed] (4) * William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
[Cmd] [TNG] [AU] Human
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D. When any number of your [AU] personnel are about to be stopped, you may kill your non-[AU] personnel on a ship at this mission to prevent that.
"You don't know what it's like in our universe... NO! WE WON'T GO BACK!"
Integrity 4 -- Cunning 6 -- Strength 6
By Peers

Personnel - Non-aligned:

31. Arne Darvin, “Hero to the Empire”
Danny wrote: [NA] (2) •Arne Darvin, "Hero to the Empire"
Klingon
•Acquisition •Anthropology •Geology •Programming •Treachery
Assassin.
When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by your Infestation, you may return this personnel to his owner's hand to kill that personnel.
"I see myself standing with Kirk's head in one hand – and a tribble in the other."
INT 3 CUN 5 STR 5
By Danny

Personnel - Romulan:

33. Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Rom] (4) •Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
[Cmd] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Engineer, Leadership, Officer, 2 Treachery
Commander: Scimitar. When you play this personnel, your opponent draws a card and then reveals his or her hand. This personnel is cost -1 for each Event and Interrupt revealed.
"And my voice shall echo through time, long after yours has faded to a dim memory!"
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone
34. *in creation*

Ships:

35. Borg Abduction Cube
Peers wrote: [Bor] (7) *Borg Abduction Cube
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
When a [S] dilemma you own of cost 4 or more is revealed, you may remove that dilemma from the game to place this ship from hand at the mission that dilemma was to be faced.
Order- Discard a card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, select an opponent's personnel involved to be beamed to this ship.
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11
By Peers
36. Raptor One
DJStormtrooper wrote: [Rom] 3 •Raptor One
[Stf] [Pa] Drone Class
When your opponent attempts a mission, you may discard an event from hand to place this ship at that mission.
Order - Choose your personnel at another mission. That personnel is considered to be aboard this ship. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
Range 6 Weapons 4 Shields 4
By DJStormtrooper

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: A
[SF] 3 •John Frederick Paxton, Prejudiced Patriot
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
•Geology •Intelligence •Law •Leadership •Security •Treachery
Dissident.
When you play this personnel, discard all non-Human personnel you command. You may not play non-Human personnel. Each of your other non-Honour Humans present gains Dissident and is Cunning and Strength +1 and Integrity -1.
"I am returning Earth to its rightful owners. I am giving Earth back to humanity, back to Human beings. It is my life's work, it's what I was born to do, and there is no one – not an alien, not a Human – that will stop me from achieving it."

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Vote B
[SF] 4 •Michael Rostov, Mischievous Crewman
[Stf] [Pa] , Human
[SD] Engineer [SD] Navigation [SD] Programming [SD] Treachery
When you are about to draw dilemmas, you may remove this personnel from the game to draw an extra dilemma and spend one extra in total cost on dilemmas for each dilemma beneath your completed [SF] mission.
"I have no idea how to do that. This engine is very complex."
Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 6

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This is a tough vote... I love the mechanics on Low Places, and I think Jamming Frequencies is allllmost there, just needs a rewording or clarification (A different card... of the same type? Any type?). But this is a villains set, and we've only got (by my count) one Q-related card so far, so...

Vote: F

(4) [SF] * John Paxton, Charismatic Xenophobe
[Cmd] Human
[SD] Biology [SD] 2 Leadership [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
Order- Kill any number of your non-Human personnel here to download a [SF] human personnel of cost equal to the number of killed personnel. If you do not command a copy of the downloaded personnel, place it here.
Int 2 - Cunning 6 - Strength 6
Last edited by Peers on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Vote F
[Rom] (3) •Valdore, Soldier of the Empire
Romulan
[Cmd] [Pa]
•Diplomacy •Officer •Security •Treachery
Admiral.
When you play this personnel, you may download a Drone-class ship. While you command a ship at an opponent's non-headquarters mission, this personnel is attributes +1 and gains Intelligence and Security.
"We're all soldiers, Nijil, from the moment we're born. When we forget that, we invite disaster."
INT 4 CUN 5 STR 6

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote C

[SF] (3) •Avram Gardner, Under Pressure
Human, [Cmd] [Pa] [AU]
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Law, 2 Leadership, Treachery
Admiral. When you begin a mission attempt involving this personnel, discard a card from hand. If you cannot, you may make a [AU] [SF] personnel present attributes +1 until the end of that attempt.
"Who the hell are you?"

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
[SF] (3) •Harris, Section 31 Handler
Human
[Cmd] [Pa]
[SD] Archaeology [SD] Intelligence [SD] Physics [SD] Programming [SD] Security
When you play this personnel, you may download a [SF] Intelligence personnel.
"We have an assignment for you."
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]