For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 0 Federation Membership
To play this event, you must command three [Fed] personnel. Plays on your incomplete non- [Fed] non-Headquarters [AQ] [P] mission (limit 1 per mission). You may attempt and complete it using your [Fed] personnel. Add Anthropology, Diplomacy, and Law to that mission's requirements. If that mission is completed you may spend one additional counter each turn.
[Evt] 6 •Federation Council
To play this event, you must command three [Fed] Diplomacy personnel. Plays on your Earth. At the end of your turn, score 5 points if you command no other [Fed] missions and at least one completed [AQ] [P] mission. Your [Fed] personnel may meet Cunning and Strength requirements of your [AQ] [P] missions using Integrity instead.
Last edited by rferries on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 2 •Andorian Academy of Art
To play this event, you must command Earth. Plays in your core. Your [DS9] , [E] , [TNG] , and [TOS] personnel are Integrity+1 and gain Anthropology.
[Evt] 2 •Vulcan Science Academy
To play this event, you must command Earth. Plays in your core. Your [DS9] , [E] , [TNG] , and [TOS] personnel are Cunning+1 and gain Science.
Last edited by rferries on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
rferries wrote:[Evt] 2 Andorian Academy of Art
To play this event, you must command Earth. Plays in your core. Your [Fed] personnel are Integrity+1 and gain Anthropology.

[Evt] 2 Vulcan Science Academy
To play this event, you must command Earth. Plays in your core. Your [Fed] personnel are Cunning+1 and gain Science.
I like them. Simple, yet effective. I would make them unique though, the bonus might get out of hand.

As for the first two, I like the direction they're going as well. But maybe not completely prevent destroying outright, but let it come with a hefty penalty ('opponent must lose 10 points to play a card that can destroy this event' or such; wording isn't my specialty :-) )
Federation Membership should at least be limited to 1 per mission. And maybe have it play on an incomplete mission. Now you could play it on a solved mission to get the bonus, without going through the additional requirements (although you could argue that at that point you're already farther in the game where it might not matter that much).

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
I would be very careful about giving personnel extra skills or attributes outside of mission attempts.

For example, by giving a [Fed] personnel science who is a commander you would allow that personnel to open up to playing Archaeology personnel to their ship... it's a slippery slope.

A better decision is making the card unique and making the bonuses only work during mission attempts,

Also, Federation is very powerful and you have to be careful as there is [TNG] [DS9] [Maq] [TOS] and [Voy] fed.

Because of that I think you might want to add a limit in the to play requirement: [E] Diplomacy personnel. That adds a little extra restriction that makes doesn't make the card a must include in all fed decks but you can include in multiple fed decks - it just takes more effort.

Just my 2 cents.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thank you both for the salient critiques, I've incorporated your feedback into the cards.

I'm not sure I agree about the Andorian and Vulcan academies being too powerful - compare them to the various skill-boosting equipment or Mouthpiece. However I've limited them to the Fed factions that would realistically have access to those facilities, and they could stand to be bumped up to cost 3.

I've deleted the line about your opponent not being able to destroy the Federation events, but I think they need protection of some kind - otherwise you might end up having a ton of Fed personnel but command only non-Fed missions you were intending to complete with Membership.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
The thing about Federation is they normally don't prevent or do event destruction. They are about cooperation. If you are going to prevent this type of event from being destroyed then it would be better to add a keyword to it - and have a personnel have an ability to prevent an event with that keyword from being destroyed.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ah I see -I should have clarified the event protection wasn't meant to be a Fed-specific ability, more along the lines of how Finding Our Way and Ceti Alpha V/To Rule In Hell incorporate protection to prevent your opponent from denying you the ability to win the game outright (which would happen if you run Earth and a bunch of non-Fed missions and your Federation Memberships are destroyed).

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Is there any interest from the greater area to com[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]