For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Welcome to Fill in the Blank, the set-building dream card contest!

Each week I will post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s cardlist. Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the cardlist, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the cardlist will become more and more defined, guiding the contests’ choices.

The theme of our set is The Villains of Star Trek. Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when voting. Speaking of voting, as per normal each contestant will vote for one of the previous week’s entries (with the exception that as the contest runner, I will vote ONLY in the case of a tie).

Our winner from last week: Danny!
Danny wrote: [Equ] (3) •TR-116 Rifle
Hand Weapon. Each of your Assassin personnel present gains Programming. Each of your Assassin personnel present are present with each personnel at this mission.
Once modified with a micro-transporter and an exographic targeting sensor, this prototype weapon would allow the marksman to scan through walls to target, and kill, without even having to leave the room.
By Danny

Here are our entries for this week:
Entry A wrote: [P] •Orias System, Covert Operation
[AQ] 40
(Anthropology, 2 Intelligence, Programming, and 2 Security or 3 Infiltrators) and Cunning >44.
When you solve this mission, place a [Rom] ship and up to three [Rom] Intelligence personnel from you discard pile at this mission.
Meet with Tal Shiar agents and plan joint strike on the Founders' homeworld.
[Car] [Dom]
Span 2
Entry B wrote: [Baj] (3) •Quark, Deputy
Ferengi
[Stf] [DS9]
•Acquisition •Anthropology •Diplomacy •Programming •Treachery
While this personnel is present with your Odo, he is Integrity +1, and gains Law and Security.
"It's your choice. You're a deputy, or you're a prisoner."
"I'm a deputy."

INT 4 CUN 6 STR 4
Entry C wrote: [P] * Earth, Target Of Many
[AQ] (40)
2 Intelligence, 4 Treachery, and (4 Diplomacy and Cunning > 42)
or (4 Security and Strength > 42)

Region: Sector 001 While this mission is completed all [Fed] personnel are attributes -1 and no player may play a Human personnel without discarding a card from hand first.
[Bor] [Car] [Dom] [Kli] [Rom]
--2--
Entry D wrote: [P] Hanon IV, Strand Federation Crew

[DQ] 30 points

Engineer, Geology, Treachery, (2 Security or Transporters) and Strength >32

When you complete this mission, you may choose up to four captives in your Brig, place them on this planet and give command of each of those personnel to his or her owner. Score 5 points for each.

"A fitting end for a people who would not share their technology…”

Any affiliation (except [Fed] ) may attempt this mission.

Span: 2
Entry E wrote: [P] •Qo'noS, Klingon Civil War
[AQ] 50
Intelligence, Leadership, Security, 2 Treachery, Cunning>42 and Strength>42
If you command Romulus, you may play Treachery Klingons here. You may attempt and complete this mission using your [Fed] personnel with these requirements: Anthropology, Diplomacy, Law, Cunning>42, Integrity>42, and an Honour Klingon.
"You have manipulated the circumstances with the skill... of a Romulan."
[Dom] [Rom]
Span 2
Entry F wrote: [Baj](3) •Jaro Essa, Manipulating Minister
Bajoran
Anthropology, 2 Diplomacy, Law, Leadership, Treachery
When an opponent's card is about to prevent or destroy your event, you may remove that event from the game to make that opponent discard a random card from hand.
"I won't allow the Bajoran people to be powerless anymore."
Integrity 3 Cunning 6 Strength 5
Entry G wrote: [H] * Farius Prime
Hive of Scum and Villainy
[AQ]
You may play Smugglers, Thieves, [NA] ships, and equipment at this mission.
Personnel you command lose their affiliation and become [NA].
"The organization's given me opportunities I never thought I'd have. Once
you're part of it, once you're accepted, there's no limit to what you can do if
you're smart about it.

Orion Syndicate Headquarters
[2]
Entry H wrote: [Baj] 4 •Kira Nerys, Turnabout Intruder
Bajoran, [Cmd] [AU]
[SD] Intelligence [SD] Transporters [SD] 2 Treachery
Infiltrator. Thief.
You may play this personnel at Mouth of the Wormhole. When you play this personnel, she is cost -1 for each [AU] personnel you command. While this personnel is facing a dilemma that requires a skill, you may destroy your equipment to give her that skill.
"Oh, admit it. You've never found me more exciting."
Integrity 1 Cunning 7 Strength 6
Entry I wrote: [Baj] 3 •Seska, Genetically Altered

Cardassian [Stf]

[SD] 2 Treachery [SD] 2 Intelligence
Infiltrator. To play this personnel, you must command three [Car] personnel. You may play this personnel aboard your [Car] ship. While at an opponent's headquarters mission, you may spend 1 additional counter during each of your Play and Draw Cards segments.
Integrity 2 Cunning 7 Strength 5
Entry J wrote: [H] •Qo'noS, In Need of the Kuvah'magh
[AQ]
You may not play cards at this mission
At the start of your first turn, if each of your other missions is a non-headquarters [DQ] mission, you may download I.K.S. Voq'leng. All copies of I.K.S. Voq'leng you own gain [Voy] .
"What evidence did our ancestors have when they began this journey? Nothing but their faith."
Klingon Headquarters
Span 2
Please remember to vote for one of these entries in your post, referencing the entry’s letter.

This week’s contest is...

Determine the next contest!

I want to keep running contests, but I’m not sure what to do next. Would you like to see a new version of Fill in the Blank? Do you have a particular theme in mind for the next installment? Do you have an idea for a different sort of contest? Let me know! Rather than traditional voting, I’ll pick the idea which I think sounds the best.
Last edited by GooeyChewie on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Here’s what we have so far:

Dilemmas:

1. Evil’s Plans
Danny wrote: [D] (0) Evils Plans

Your opponent discards a personnel that could be played at his or her headquarters mission from his or her hand. That personnel's cost is added to this dilemma's cost. Unless you have the skills on that personnel, all your personnel are stopped.
"And another thing. These villains always have a trick up their sleeve. Trapdoors, secret weapons."
By Danny
2. Forcefield Failure
Danny wrote: [S] (3) Forcefield Failure
Choose one: place this dilemma on your ship at this mission; or all your personnel are stopped.
Damage - This damage card counts as two damage cards.
"Warning. Hull breach on deck one. Emergency forcefields inoperative."
By Danny
3. Gift of the Tormentor
GooeyChewie wrote: [D] (4) Gift of the Tormentor
Dilemma
Choose one: Your personnel are attributes +2 until the end of the mission attempt and your opponent scores 5 points; or lose 5 points.
"We have offered you a gift beyond all other gifts."
By GooeyChewie
4. I’m Going To Miss You
[D] 3 I'm Going To Miss You.

Dilemma

When your opponent reveals this dilemma, add 5 to each of this dilemma's requirements for each different Q event in play. Unless you have an attribute > 30, all your personnel are stopped, and if you have more points than your opponent, lose 5 points.

“Goodbye, Jean-Luc. I'm gonna miss you. You had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end.”
By MattgomeryScott
5. Villainous Monologue
MattgomeryScott wrote: [D] 2 Villainous Monologue

Unless you have more Treachery personnel at this mission than your opponent, randomly select a personnel to be stopped for each Treachery personnel your opponent commands at this mission.

“Citizens of Earth, your destiny is in my hands. Those of you who acquiesce to my demands will be treated fairly. Oppose me, and you face a dire fate indeed, as my slaves in the mines of Mercury. You have one hour.”
By MattgomeryScott
6. Xenophobic Paranoia
Peers wrote: [D] (3) Xenophobic Paranoia
Persistent. (When your personnel complete this mission, this dilemma's owner may discard a non-personnel card from hand to return this dilemma to his or her dilemma pile.)
If half (or more) of your personnel are the same species, stop all your personnel who do not share that species.
By Peers
Equipment:

7. Orb of Wisdom
Danny wrote: [Equ] (3) •Orb of Wisdom
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Orb. When your personnel present is facing a dilemma, you may meet an attribute requirement of that dilemma using any attribute instead. You may do this only once each turn.
"It's one of the missing Bajoran Orbs..."
By Danny
8. TR-116 Rifle
Danny wrote: [Equ] (3) •TR-116 Rifle
Hand Weapon. Each of your Assassin personnel present gains Programming. Each of your Assassin personnel present are present with each personnel at this mission.
Once modified with a micro-transporter and an exographic targeting sensor, this prototype weapon would allow the marksman to scan through walls to target, and kill, without even having to leave the room.
By Danny
Event:

9. Diabolical Duplicate
Danny wrote: [Evt] (3) Diabolical Duplicate
inpurgatorysshadow239.jpg

Event
Infiltration. To play this event, you must command three [Dom] personnel. Lose 5 points to choose an opponent's unique personnel you do not command. That personnel becomes [Dom] and gains Infiltrator. (You now command that personnel.) Remove this event from the game.
"You've been working for sixteen hours straight. I thought you could do with some sandwiches."
10. Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (2) Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Event
Paranoia. To play this event, each of your non-headquarters missions must require Intelligence. Plays in your core. Your [Fed] Intelligence personnel may meet Integrity and Strength requirements using Cunning.
"In time of war, the law falls silent. Cicero. So is that what we have become? A twenty fourth century Rome driven by nothing more than the certainty that Caesar can do no wrong!"
By GooeyChewie
11. Mariachi Band
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (2) Mariachi Band
Event
Q. Plays in your core. While a personnel is facing a dilemma which requires multiple levels of a skill, that personnel cannot gain that skill.
"Au contraire, mon capitaine! He's back!"
By GooeyChewie
12. Orbital Bombardment
Naetor wrote: [Evt] (0) •Orbital Bombardment
Plays in your core. When you win an engagement at a planet mission, you may destroy this event to randomly select two personnel on the planet to be killed.
"We just received a priority one transmission from Starfleet Command. The Breen have attacked Earth."
By Naetor
13. Triskelion Trial
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (0) Triskelion Trial
Event
Plays in your core. When your dilemma would randomly select three personnel, you may instead choose one eligible personnel. You may do this only once each turn.
"As leader of your people, your spirit seems most indomitable. We suggest you alone, pitted against three contestants of our choosing."
By GooeyChewie
14. Ultimatum
Peers wrote: [Evt] (2) *Ultimatum
To play this event, lose 5 points. Plays on an opponent's mission. When you play this event, name a personnel. This mission may not be completed if that personnel is at this mission.
"There can be no peace... as long as Kirk lives!"
By Peers
15. Unexpected Appearance
Danny wrote: [Evt] (4) •Unexpected Appearance
Event
Infiltration. Plays on your opponent's incomplete planet mission. When an opponent's personnel begin a mission attempt here, you may destroy this event to download a Treachery personnel that could be played at your headquarters mission, and place them on this mission. (You now command that personnel.)
"Admiral. I didn't expect to see you here."
By Danny
16. Yridian Informant
GooeyChewie wrote: [Evt] (1) Yridian Informant
Event
Plays on an opponent's mission. When that player begins a mission attempt at that mission, you may destroy this event to examine your opponent's personnel involved.
"I am Jaglom Shrek, a man with information to sell."
By GooeyChewie
Interrupt:

17. And Share It With Me
Nate Winchester wrote: [Int] And Share It With Me
Interrupt
If an opponent's personnel is about to be killed by a dilemma, reveal and stop your personnel with Telepathy and Treachery to take command of that personnel instead (if possible). That personnel becomes [NA] and gains the Infiltrator keyword.
By Nate Winchester
18. I Do Not Take Orders From You!
CaptMDKirk wrote: [Int] I Do Not Take Orders From You!
Interrupt
To play this interrupt, you must command a personnel with 2 Treachery. When your opponent executes one of his or her personnel's order abilities, discard a card from hand to prevent that. That order ability may not be executed until the end of this turn. Remove this interrupt from the game.
"Admiral Dougherty will not be joining us for dinner."
By CaptMDKirk
19. Unavoidable Obstacle
Peers wrote: [Int] Unavoidable Obstacle
Temporal. When you are about to draw dilemmas, remove the top card of your dilemma pile from the game to place the bottom card of your dilemma pile on top of your dilemma pile.
"... a fold in the fabric of space, where time becomes a loop."
By Peers
Missions:

20. Amaragosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
DJStormtrooper wrote: [S] •Amaragosa Observatory, Steal Trilithium Weapon
[AQ] 40
Programming, Transporters, 2 Treachery and Cunning >34
When you attempt this mission, if there are no dilemmas beneath it, choose an opponent's incomplete mission. When that mission is completed, lose 10 points.
Span 4
[Fer] [Kli] [Rom] [NA]
By DJStormtrooper
21. Earth, Seat of the Empire
Peers wrote: [H] * Earth, Seat of the Empire
[AQ]
You may play [Pa] [AU] cards and equipment at this mission. At the end of your turn, any non-[Pa][AU] personnel you command are killed unless they have Treachery.
This mission is not attemptable.
--2--
By Peers
22. *in voting*

Personnel - Bajoran:

23. Vaatrik Pallra, Wicked Widow
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Baj] (2) •Vaatrik Pallra, Wicked Widow
Bajoran
Acquisition, Anthropology, Diplomacy, Treachery
When an Assassin returns to his or her owner's hand, you may stop this personnel to remove that Assassin from the game instead. If that Assassin was yours, score 5 points.
"I've never seen him before in my life."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 4
By WeyounsLastClone
Personnel - Borg:

24. Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Bor] (4) •Borg Queen, Relentless Pursuer
[Cmd] Borg
• 2 Leadership • Officer • 2 Treachery
Commander: Borg Queen's Vessel. When you win an engagement involving this personnel, you may discard the top card of your deck. If it is an event, you may name a skill; randomly select an opponent's personnel involved who has that skill, take command of him or her and place him or her aboard your ship.
"Welcome home."
Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone
Personnel - Cardassian:

25. Elim Garak, Necessary Evil
MattgomeryScott wrote: [Car] 3 *Elim Garak, Necessary Evil

[Stf] [DS9] Cardassian

Engineer, Intelligence, 2 Programming, Treachery

When your opponent plays an interrupt, you may kill your non- [Car] personnel present to prevent that interrupt and place it in its owner's discard pile.

“That's why you came to me, isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing?”

Integrity: 2, Cunning: 6, Strength 6
By MattgomeryScott
Personnel - Dominion:

26. Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Dom] (4) •Weyoun, Deceptive Diplomat
[Cmd] Vorta
Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy, Exobiology, Leadership, Treachery
When this personnel would be stopped or killed by a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to have him gain a skill of your choice until the end of your turn instead.
"Oh my! That is quite toxic, isn't it?"
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 4
By WeyounsLastClone
Personnel - Federation:

27. Luther Sloan, Man of Mystery
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Fed] (3) •Luther Sloan, Man of Mystery
[Cmd] [E] Human
2 Anthropology, Intelligence, Security, 2 Treachery
When an opponent's card is about to prevent or destroy your interrupt or event, you may place this personnel on the bottom of his owner's deck to prevent that.
"It's as if I never really existed."
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 5
By WeyounsLastClone
28. *Matthew Dougherty, Torn Apart
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Fed] (2) •Matthew Dougherty, Torn Apart
[Cmd] [TNG] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Law, Leadership, Treachery
Admiral. To play this personnel, you must discard a [Fed] card from hand. When this personnel is killed, you may take a [Fed] card from your discard pile into hand.
"It was for the Federation. It was all for the Federation."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 5
By WeyounsLastClone
29. William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
Peers wrote: [Fed] (4) * William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor
[Cmd] [TNG] [AU] Human
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D. When any number of your [AU] personnel are about to be stopped, you may kill your non-[AU] personnel on a ship at this mission to prevent that.
"You don't know what it's like in our universe... NO! WE WON'T GO BACK!"
Integrity 4 -- Cunning 6 -- Strength 6
By Peers
Personnel - Klingon:

30. Kortar, The First Klingon
GooeyChewie wrote: [Kli] (3) •Kortar, The First Klingon
Klingon
[AU]
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Archaeology [SD] 2 Treachery
This personnel is Cunning +1 for each Treachery personnel in your discard pile (limit +4). This personnel is Strength +1 for each Honor personnel in your discard pile (limit +4).
"And as punishment, I was condemned to ferry the souls of the dishonoured to Gre'thor."
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 6
By GooeyChewie
Personnel - Non-aligned:

31. Arne Darvin, “Hero to the Empire”
Danny wrote: [NA] (2) •Arne Darvin, "Hero to the Empire"
Klingon
•Acquisition •Anthropology •Geology •Programming •Treachery
Assassin.
When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by your Infestation, you may return this personnel to his owner's hand to kill that personnel.
"I see myself standing with Kirk's head in one hand – and a tribble in the other."
INT 3 CUN 5 STR 5
By Danny
32. Thelev
Peers wrote: [NA] (3) * Thelev
[Pa] Orion
[SD] Diplomacy [SD] Exobiology [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
Assassin. While attempting a mission, you may change this personnel's species to another species present until the end of your turn.
Order - Return this personnel to hand to kill your opponent's Diplomacy personnel present.
Integrity 2 -- Cunning 6 -- Strength 7
By Peers
Personnel - Romulan:

33. Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
WeyounsLastClone wrote: [Rom] (4) •Shinzon, Forcing Their Hand
[Cmd] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Engineer, Leadership, Officer, 2 Treachery
Commander: Scimitar. When you play this personnel, your opponent draws a card and then reveals his or her hand. This personnel is cost -1 for each Event and Interrupt revealed.
"And my voice shall echo through time, long after yours has faded to a dim memory!"
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 6
By WeyounsLastClone
34. Valdore, Soldier of the Empire
Danny wrote: [Rom] (3) •Valdore, Soldier of the Empire
Romulan
[Cmd] [Pa]
•Diplomacy •Officer •Security •Treachery
Admiral.
When you play this personnel, you may download a Drone-class ship. While you command a ship at an opponent's non-headquarters mission, this personnel is attributes +1 and gains Intelligence and Security.
"We're all soldiers, Nijil, from the moment we're born. When we forget that, we invite disaster."
INT 4 CUN 5 STR 6
By Danny
Ships:

35. Borg Abduction Cube
Peers wrote: [Bor] (7) *Borg Abduction Cube
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
When a [S] dilemma you own of cost 4 or more is revealed, you may remove that dilemma from the game to place this ship from hand at the mission that dilemma was to be faced.
Order- Discard a card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, select an opponent's personnel involved to be beamed to this ship.
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11
By Peers
36. Raptor One
DJStormtrooper wrote: [Rom] 3 •Raptor One
[Stf] [Pa] Drone Class
When your opponent attempts a mission, you may discard an event from hand to place this ship at that mission.
Order - Choose your personnel at another mission. That personnel is considered to be aboard this ship. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
Range 6 Weapons 4 Shields 4
By DJStormtrooper

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
So, what are we going to do with all these cards? There's a Star Trek CCG Dream Card group on Yahoo which supports visual dream cards. It is my intent to create visuals for all these cards, complete with collector's information. The creators of each card will of course receive credit. I look forward to seeing all of your cards in their completed image form!

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Vote B.

Thanks to GC for this fun concept. It's taken the better part of a year to complete, but it's been nice to have a constant distraction to look forward to every week. If I were to change anything, it might be to submit entries and votes anonymously, to eliminate any personal prejudice that might influence voting for a particular entry. Having said that, I think the increased amount of prep would warrant the solicitation for an assistant in processing all the entries for each week (I'd be happy to help if asked).

Personally, I'll be making my own graphic dream card sheets with all the entries I submitted (I'm interested to see if there's any coherence at all in my scattershot ideas). Thanks to everyone who participated; it was illuminating to see what ideas sprung forth from a purely hypothetical proposal.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Vote F
CaptMDKirk wrote:Thanks to GC for this fun concept. It's taken the better part of a year to complete, but it's been nice to have a constant distraction to look forward to every week. If I were to change anything, it might be to submit entries and votes anonymously, to eliminate any personal prejudice that might influence voting for a particular entry.
I concur with all aspects of the above. :thumbsup:

So, what's and when's the next one kicking off? :wink:

(No, seriously, what and when?)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: TBA
Danny wrote:
CaptMDKirk wrote:If I were to change anything, it might be to submit entries and votes anonymously, to eliminate any personal prejudice that might influence voting for a particular entry.
I concur with all aspects of the above. :thumbsup:
I disagree. If we're going to start assuming people are voting based on personal bias for or against someone, instead of on what card they like the most, I think we've got a much bigger problem than hypothetical bias.

Firstly, it doesn't remove bias, because there are still going to be things a person likes or dislikes, e.g. a specific affiliation, character, mechanic, the fact that we already have a card like that in the set etc. Also, if someone really is biased against another player, they'll find a way to avoid voting for their entries anyway. It's not that hard to recognise certain design trends with specific players if you see the enough cards by them (e.g. my insistence on spelling Honour correctly! :D )

Secondly, part of the enjoyment of Dream Card contests I feel is seeing the cards come in over the course of the week/two weeks. Much like the card reveals on the main page, it's fun to gradually see things unfold, instead of having everything dumped on you in one go.

Thirdly, it's also creating more work for GooeyChewie, as the only way to do this anonymously is to have them all PMed to him. He's then got to either regularly post updates or has to go through the PMs at the end of the week. (Yes he already has to sort out the entries anyway, but having to keep it all secret as well means now it's much more on him.)

Fourthly, you also lose out on much of the interaction between players, who often end up discussing some of the cards and even helping make them better (e.g. spotting a mistake like missing attributes, noticing an interaction the designer hadn't realised, or even coming up with ideas inspired by someone else's entry.)

That last bit is also why I think one card a time would be better for this sort of contest. When you start doing multiple cards it's much easier to end up with closed loops, e.g. Card A downloads Card B and is corresponding commander of Card C, all three designed by the same person. Where as with one at a time Card A may still download Card B and be corresponding commander of Card C, but it may be a different person's take on each card. e.g. Though it didn't get voted into the set, one of my entries "U.S.S. Enterprise-D, One of the Last" was inspired by Peers entry “William T. Riker, Desperate Survivor.” That may well not have happened with multiple cards, as Peers could have just posted both Captain and ship.

In conclusion, I think the anonymity given by having the entries have letters instead of names when going for voting is enough.

Just my thoughts.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: F

So, Matt gave an excellent reason why one-card-at-a-time is good, allowing us to riff on each others' work. My reason for saying 'three at a time' was because, as fun as this was, it was also excruciating at times waiting for the next week, the next card, knowing how long the whole set would take.

So, my suggestion is to split the difference. Two cards each week. Whoever runs it picks a spot for the first card, so we'll all be creating Card #14 or whatever, but (except for the first round, which would be the 'wildcard' round) we also get given a random already-in-the-set card that our second card has to riff off of, either theme-wise or mechanics-wise. The second card can fill any empty spot, as long as it 'fills the spot' of working with the chosen card.

(Also, my suggestion for the new set theme: Boldly Going)

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Peers wrote:So, my suggestion is to split the difference. Two cards each week. Whoever runs it picks a spot for the first card, so we'll all be creating Card #14 or whatever, but (except for the first round, which would be the 'wildcard' round) we also get given a random already-in-the-set card that our second card has to riff off of, either theme-wise or mechanics-wise. The second card can fill any empty spot, as long as it 'fills the spot' of working with the chosen card.
I think the overarching theme of 'villains' was enough to tie together the set. Trying to make two cards at a time would perhaps invite too many tie-ins for the sake of being cute. What I think we could do instead would be to pitch a few new mechanics and pick two or three to include on cards in the set (or write new cards to enable those mechanics). But I do think one card per week is the way to go. Perhaps a smaller 27-card set to shorten the goal line to just over six months?

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:Perhaps a smaller 27-card set to shorten the goal line to just over six months?
I'd hate to see the sets get smaller. Larger sets mean more things to build on and riff off of.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote H

I could see voting by pm work, you would still see the entries coming in as usual, but it would be more of a surprise with the new contest who would have won.

A similar contest would be fine, as I liked the dynamics of determining the set while we go (although I'd have liked to see a bit more personnel in a villain themed set myself). But I could also see a contest work where you'd maybe have to create a card that enhances a lesser used older card or such (although that might end up with maybe a lot of similar entries), or something in a similar vein of Episodic, where you give an episode and you have to create a card from that episode.

But I'm fine whatever we end up with, thanks for putting in all this effort!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]