For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
cousincheeto wrote: [Fed] Cousin Cheeto [1E-DS9]

[OFFICER]
[SD] ENGINEER [SD] Leadership (x2 If 3 or more Officers present)
[SD] Computer Skill [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Music

Integrity: 9 Cunning: 7 Strength: 5
Officer? We don't see that often. Do you indeed have a military background IRL, and/or is it this USS Xavier? (First/only one I could find this quickly.)
Will you also give us a lore text of yourself and your exploits? I'd be especially interested in how it will address your varying Leadership skill.
Also, welcome here -- you seem to be fairly new! :thumbsup:

Oh -- wouldn't you also have some staffing icon, with this kind of assets in your card?
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[NA] Derrick Marsh
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
Humanoid located in Lexington, KY, USA in 21st century. Liked to play games about space travel and listen to rock and roll.
[SD] Computer Skill [SD] Stellar Cartography [SD] Honor [SD] Music
[SD] Nullifies I Hate You where present.

Integrity: 9 Cunning: 8 Strength: 7
~D

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[NA] 1 •rferries, Cowardly Doctor
[E] Human
•Biology •2 Medical •Science
While this personnel is facing a dilemma, he loses all of his skills and gains Treachery.
"Don't kill me! I can be useful to you!"
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 4

-  
SudenKapala wrote:
cousincheeto wrote:[Fed] Cousin Cheeto [1E-DS9]

[OFFICER]

Officer? We don't see that often. Do you indeed have a military background IRL, and/or is it this USS Xavier? (First/only one I could find this quickly.)
Will you also give us a lore text of yourself and your exploits? I'd be especially interested in how it will address your varying Leadership skill.
Also, welcome here -- you seem to be fairly new! :thumbsup:

Oh -- wouldn't you also have some staffing icon, with this kind of assets in your card?

No Military Background but I am an Eagle Scout and I am a Manager/Scheduler at heart. Ido really well with structure and making structure. The idea on the leadership ability was more of a choice that I feel the more ppl around me the more I go into "Manager Mode" and get stuff done" IDK how to put that as a background text. U.S.S. Xavier is back years ago when me and my friends were in a Trek D&D group we made our own ships and I just always liked the name. I know I should have left it mysterious because the real life is pretty boring.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey, I totally forgot that I saved drafts about this fun topic. I thought I'd already posted this one! (I should still get back and finish re-modding myself into a new, updated [NA] me...)
cousin wrote:IDK how to put that as a background text.
We're here to help! :wink:
cheeto wrote:I know I should have left it mysterious because the real life is pretty boring.
Nah -- that goes for most of us, and that's alright; and I like to think that I can help turn anything into a fitting lore text. 8) :cross: Lore is small; and there was enough to work with in your "biography". :thumbsup:
[Fed] Cousin Cheeto [1E-DS9]

Eagle Scout who serves as operations manager on U.S.S.
Xavier
. A gifted scheduler, feels comfortable in providing structure for large numbers of personnel. Experienced in archaic role playing game systems.

[OFFICER]

Oh -- wouldn't you also have some staffing icon, with this kind of assets in your card? My personal belief is that you should be technically inclined and to be able to learn to confidently control complex machinery and have some experience with computer controls to earn any staffing -- starting with [Stf] ; and then you'd need additional basic managerial / leadership aptitude to also earn [Cmd] . The latter seems fine; but the question is whether you have the technical background to "earn" a staffing icon in the first place? (And if not -- don't worry, your card is already strong enough. Look at mine! :lol: )
And I'm not sure how we can integrate the DS9 icon on your 1e card. What's the story behind it? We could perhaps fit a Nor reference in the lore...

By Daimyoshi (Richard Steele)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
My attempt

[NA] Daimyo Shi

[1E-AU]
[Stf]
Civilian
History major and member of the SCA, trained [sort of] swordsman
[SD] Computer Skill [SD] History [SD] Cantankerousness
[SD] Leadership [SD] Honor [DL] Arming Sword
Last edited by Daimyoshi on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Daimyoshi wrote:My attempt [...] [SD] History [...] [DL] Arming Sword
Well, if you like -- History would be translatable(?) quite comfortably into real STCCG skills: Archaeology and/or Anthropology? Take your pick! :wink: (If you don't like it, can you elaborat on that choice? Do you feel those skills don't fit well enough with your expertise? Fair enough!)

And what is an Arming Sword? A medieval knight's sword, it seems from a quick search? Why can you download one? That would be nice to put in your lore.

And how I personnally like to design my cards -- if you mention your personal type of sword in your lore, you might consider actually downloading something similar -- but an existing card -- with your game text. In that way, you tie into the game even more. Just a thought I liked to share. But I don't know what would come -- to your taste -- close enough to a sword... Do we even have swords? :shifty: There's that Kar'takin, klingon blade weapons, daggers... hmm. Never mind! :lol:

But at least, please tell us about your connection with the sword, if you like. :)

I like te esthetics of specific swords. I have Andúril hanging from my bedroom wall (
it's actually Narsil, but for personal reasons I call it after The Flame, Reforged -- not the Broken sword
). But I'd suspect that you might do more with a sword than just look at it being pretty on your wall...? :wink:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Daimyoshi wrote:My attempt [...] [SD] History [...] [DL] Arming Sword
Well, if you like -- History would be translatable(?) quite comfortably into real STCCG skills: Archaeology and/or Anthropology? Take your pick! :wink: (If you don't like it, can you elaborat on that choice? Do you feel those skills don't fit well enough with your expertise? Fair enough!)

And what is an Arming Sword? A medieval knight's sword, it seems from a quick search? Why can you download one? That would be nice to put in your lore.

And how I personnally like to design my cards -- if you mention your personal type of sword in your lore, you might consider actually downloading something similar -- but an existing card -- with your game text. In that way, you tie into the game even more. Just a thought I liked to share. But I don't know what would come -- to your taste -- close enough to a sword... Do we even have swords? :shifty: There's that Kar'takin, klingon blade weapons, daggers... hmm. Never mind! :lol:

But at least, please tell us about your connection with the sword, if you like. :)

I like te esthetics of specific swords. I have Andúril hanging from my bedroom wall (
it's actually Narsil, but for personal reasons I call it after The Flame, Reforged -- not the Broken sword
). But I'd suspect that you might do more with a sword than just look at it being pretty on your wall...? :wink:
Anthropology isn't really history, it is more of Archaeology's twin brother [sister?] and is much more about social function and culture.

That said my degree is in history. The arming sword is related to my SCA person, while my training is more rapier based, it is arming sword that is in my bedroom on the wall ready to go. It is not sharp it has a rolled edge and is meant for Cut and Thrust or HEMA fighting. that said it will break a clavicle as easy as a Klingon wedding night.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Daimyoshi wrote:Anthropology isn't really history, it is more of Archaeology's twin brother [sister?] and is much more about social function and culture.
Well, psychology isn't much of Anthropology either, but that's how they represent it in the game. :P So, you're certainly entitled to choose either, if you wanted. (I.e., it would make your card more useful. If you care about that. And it would be closer to the game -- and that's what I care about when designing and talking about DC/'dream cards' -- which this, essentially, is all about. So -- I hope you don't mind if I raise points that I find interesting to discuss. :) Also, feel free to tell me to mind my own business. :wink: )
And given the lore you wrote, it is already quite clear what your actual expertise is at; so it explains in detail how your card skills approximate your IRL assets. Or that's how I see the synergy between lore and game-related aspects of a card... :shifty:
That said my degree is in history. The arming sword is related to my SCA person, while my training is more rapier based, it is arming sword that is in my bedroom on the wall ready to go. It is not sharp it has a rolled edge and is meant for Cut and Thrust or HEMA fighting.
You've convinced me, you know some stuff which makes it easy to write you some more lore. 8) And were I to decide, I'd give you the below [DL] -- you know enough about it to merit it, to me. 8)
that said it will break a clavicle as easy as a Klingon wedding night.
Haha! :lol:

Feel free to totally ignore or veto my below attempt...
Additional proposals for Shi's card wrote: [NA] Daimyo Shi
[1E-AU]
[Stf] CIVILIAN
Holds major degree in history. Member of the SCA. Trained amateur swordsman. Knowledgeable about historical European martial arts. Owner of an arming sword who knows how to liven up a Klingon wedding night.
[SD] Computer Skill [SD] Archaeology OR Anthropology (may change once per turn). [SD] Cantankerousness [SD] Leadership [SD] Honor [DL] Any blade weapon.
Is "amateur" a good word? And can one say, "Holds major degree in history" -- does that sound plausible, according to STCCG lore formality?

I wanted to make a joke about that even your name -- Steele! -- sounds like a weapon, but didn't know to get that across with just the right tongue-in-cheek-iness. :lol:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Daimyoshi wrote:Anthropology isn't really history, it is more of Archaeology's twin brother [sister?] and is much more about social function and culture.
Well, psychology isn't much of Anthropology either, but that's how they represent it in the game. :P So, you're certainly entitled to choose either, if you wanted. (I.e., it would make your card more useful. If you care about that. And it would be closer to the game -- and that's what I care about when designing and talking about DC/'dream cards' -- which this, essentially, is all about. So -- I hope you don't mind if I raise points that I find interesting to discuss. :) Also, feel free to tell me to mind my own business. :wink: )
And given the lore you wrote, it is already quite clear what your actual expertise is at; so it explains in detail how your card skills approximate your IRL assets. Or that's how I see the synergy between lore and game-related aspects of a card... :shifty:
That said my degree is in history. The arming sword is related to my SCA person, while my training is more rapier based, it is arming sword that is in my bedroom on the wall ready to go. It is not sharp it has a rolled edge and is meant for Cut and Thrust or HEMA fighting.
You've convinced me, you know some stuff which makes it easy to write you some more lore. 8) And were I to decide, I'd give you the below [DL] -- you know enough about it to merit it, to me. 8)
that said it will break a clavicle as easy as a Klingon wedding night.
Haha! :lol:

Feel free to totally ignore or veto my below attempt...
Additional proposals for Shi's card wrote: [NA] Daimyo Shi
[1E-AU]
[Stf] CIVILIAN
Holds major degree in history. Member of the SCA. Trained amateur swordsman. Knowledgeable about historical European martial arts. Owner of an arming sword who knows how to liven up a Klingon wedding night.
[SD] Computer Skill [SD] Archaeology OR Anthropology (may change once per turn). [SD] Cantankerousness [SD] Leadership [SD] Honor [DL] Any blade weapon.
Is "amateur" a good word? And can one say, "Holds major degree in history" -- does that sound plausible, according to STCCG lore formality?

I wanted to make a joke about that even your name -- Steele! -- sounds like a weapon, but didn't know to get that across with just the right tongue-in-cheek-iness. :lol:
That is good card, much more useful than mine.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]