For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Faux Pas exists as Alvera Tree Ritual (Event in Peak Performance).

Original:
[P] MACO Encounter
During the Earth-Romulan War, MACO soldiers served on the front lines as ground troops. Some later found it hard to find a role in peacetime.
Opponent may download up to two MACOs and/or one MACO Assault Rifle to planet. Any MACOs on planet may (if possible) initiate personnel battle. Discard dilemma.
6 V

2E Equivalent:
[Evt] 1 MACO Encounter
Assault. Plays on a planet mission.
Order – Discard a card from hand to begin a combat involving your MACO personnel at this mission. If you win, randomly select opponent’s personnel until their total cost is 3 or more. Return each of those personnel to that opponent’s hand. You may do this only once each turn.
“Hayes and his men have gone up against a few aliens…”

Notes:
I used my version of Sleeper Trap as a template for this one. The Sleeper Trap had Battle Lust’s effect, but could keep attacking. If I was doing Distraction’s (sort of) effect for the MACO’s, I figured it should be once a turn. No sense in allowing a player to set a player back several turns in one go.

Next: Sorry, I wasn’t listening…
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]