For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Xindi Test Strike exists as Aftereffects (Dilemma in In a Mirror, Darkly) and Preventative Repercussions (Dilemma in In a Mirror, Darkly).
Temporal Conduit exists as Temporal Conduit (Dilemma in Captain’s Log).

Original:
[Equ] MACO Assault Rifle
[1E-AU] [22]
Generic phaser rifle developed for use by United Earth military forces. Produces rapid-fire discharges of energy ideal for combating multiple assailants.
MACO use only. Each of your personnel present is STRENGTH +3, but loses 1 Diplomacy unless aboard your ship. (Cumulative.)
16 V

2E Equivalent:
[Equ] 1 MACO Assault Rifle
Hand Weapon. While in combat, each of your [SF] personnel present is Strength +1. When facing a dilemma, you may discard a MACO from hand to make a MACO add his or her Strength to his or her Cunning or Integrity.
“Stun isn't working. We should set our weapons to kill.”

Notes:
I used the Federation Compression Rifle as a template (and to a lesser extent the Resistance Rifle). Fancy rifles sound like a fun way to make particle Hand Weapons interesting. (I sort of wish I had done each other rifle {besides the Hirogen Disruptor Rifle} separately instead of as the individual Phaser Rifle and Disruptor Rifle…but not that much.) Letting a MACO grab a bump of (probably) around 8 to an attribute is probably higher than the bump from the Voyager version, but you do have to discard a card from hand to shoot it.

Next: Co-Ed Sauna

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]