For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
None.

Original:
[Inc] Gold!
Seeds on table. Once every turn, when one of your personnel is eligible for random selection, you may ask ”Where’s the Vault?” to pass this card to opponent (they now control it). If you do not, selection is instead opponent’s choice. (May also be passed to opponent at start of your turn.) Worth points; X varies, where X=number of times passed. (Not duplicable.) [5X]
23 V

2E Equivalent:
[Evt] 2 Gold
Plays in your core. When your personnel is about to be randomly selected by an opponent’s dilemma, the owner of that dilemma may say “Where’s the vault?” to take command of this event. That opponent may choose that personnel from the eligible personnel instead. At the end of your turn, if your personnel faced a dilemma this turn, you may destroy this event to score 5 points.

Notes:
I sort of reversed the mechanics a little bit here. Making the punishment for not passing it be your opponent makes all random selections seems a little too harsh in 2E. So, I made it the opponent’s choice. They could make a random selection their choice, but they have to load the bullet into their gun. Furthermore, if they can’t throw a dilemma at you with which they could trigger the card, you get the gold: 5 points. I kept the talkie bit. I understand those that roll their eyes. No room for lore.

Next: Prayer, Mr. Saavik

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]