For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Sickbay: Menagerie exists as Sickbay (Event in Energize).
Combat-Ready: Jury-Rig and Amanda Cole exist as Amanda Cole (Personnel in These are the Voyages…).
Combat-Ready: Tactical Reserve and Jeremiah Hayes exist as Jeremiah Hayes, Diligent Major (Personnel in These are the Voyages…).

Original:
[Int] Klingon Border Patrol
Klingons are extremely territorial. There is no such thing as an insignificant corner of Klingon space.
Plays on your [Kli] [22] ship present with an opponent’s ship. If this ship is present with an opponent’s ship at end of your next turn, score points. [5]
30 V

[Obj] Search and Seize
Plays on your unexamined [Kli] [S] mission. Each time your crew of only [Kli] [22] personnel overcomes a dilemma here, reveal top card of opponent’s draw deck. If it is a personnel, opponent reports that personnel (if possible) to Rura Penthe (captured); discard otherwise. Once solved, increases point box of Rura Penthe by 10 points while a captive is there. (Unique.)
43 V

2E Equivalent:
[Kli] 4 •I.K.S. Koj’mura
Patrol Ship
[Cmd]
D-4 Class
[Pa]
When this ship moves to an opponent’s non-headquarters mission, you may name an opponent’s ship at that mission. At the beginning of your next turn, if both ships are at that mission, randomly select an opponent’s personnel aboard that ship to be placed in your brig.
“What gives you the right to approach a Klingon warship?”
RANGE 6 WEAPONS 5 SHIELDS 5

Notes:
The ship pictured on Klingon Border Patrol is the I.K.S. Nguq’Yab and the ship on Search and Seize is Vorok’s ship from “Unexpected”. The intention is that the I.K.S. Koj’mura is Vorok’s ship. I gave this ship the class of the ship that was designed for the episode before the K’t’inga-class ship was used instead. It is named after the artist that created that design: Koji Kuramura. The intention of the ability could be to force an opponent’s ship to waste a turn going back home or lose someone as a captive. If it is a planet mission, the Klingons could always beam down if the ship ends up deserted, so there’s risk any way they go. The rest of the text on Search and Seize, I felt, worked better on another ship, Goroth’s ship. As a note, kos’karii are Klingon hell worms, which is an appropriate name for a ship ferrying damned prisoners, and wegh translates to “confine.”

Bonus:
[Kli] 3 •I.K.S. Kos’karii
Prisoner Transport
[Stf]
Wegh Class
[Pa]
While you have a captive, this ship is attributes +1. When a dilemma your [Kli] personnel aboard this ship is facing is about to be overcome, you may reveal the top card of an opponent’s deck. If the revealed card is a personnel he or she does not command, you may place that personnel in your brig. Otherwise, discard that card.
“He won't get far. … I want him alive.”
RANGE 5 WEAPONS 5 SHIELDS 5

Next: Jurassic Parked in Orbit
Last edited by The Guardian on Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:Great ideas, as always. :D

One thing. One of your links doesn't seem to be working. It just says "designed for the episode" instead of being a link to I assume another card or an article.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Oops. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
The Guardian wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:Great ideas, as always. :D

One thing. One of your links doesn't seem to be working. It just says "designed for the episode" instead of being a link to I assume another card or an article.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Oops. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this.
No worries. Thanks for updating the post with a working link. I didn't know that about the D4 before, so interesting read. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
 -  
No problem. I didn't know about the design either until I started checking out the ships. I suppose the 1E folks can wait on the ships and put "commanded by X" in the ship's lore, but in 2E, if you're making the Commander, you need to know at least the name of the ship, so it was research time...
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]