For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 2: Chain of Command!

Each week I will post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s cardlist. Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the cardlist, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the cardlist will become more and more defined, guiding the contests’ choices.

The theme of our set is Chain of Command. Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when voting. Speaking of voting, as per normal each contestant will vote for one of the previous week’s entries (with the exception that as the contest runner, I will vote ONLY in the case of a tie).

This week’s contest is...

Card #18! As with last time, we are starting halfway through the list so that we can make sure to avoid contradictions while the cardlist sets up.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
[Int] Insubordination
Interrupt
To play this interrupt, you must command a [Cmd] personnel with Treachery. While that personnel is attempting a mission, if your opponent is about to play an interrupt, stop him or her to prevent that and remove that interrupt from the game.
Order – Discard any number of personnel from your hand to draw that number of cards. Remove this interrupt from the game.
"Take yourself and your holier than thou attitude and get out of my life."

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Int] Field Commission
When your [Voy] [Cmd] personnel aboard a ship is killed by a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to place a [Voy] personnel from hand aboard that ship. That personnel joins the mission attempt.
"I've entered into the ship's log on this date that I'm granting a field commission of lieutenant to Thomas Eugene Paris. Congratulations."

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Car] (4) •Lasaran, Informant
[Stf] [TN] Cardassian
[SD] Engineer [SD] Intelligence [SD] Officer [SD] Programming [SD] Security
Dissident. Glinn. When you play this personnel, name a dilemma. Your opponent removes each copy of that dilemma in his or her dilemma pile from the game, and this personnel is cost -1 for each card removed.
"I have something that you want badly. Information about the Founders."
I:5 C:6 S:6
Last edited by Naetor on Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Naetor wrote:[Car] (4) •Lasara, Informant
[Stf] [TN] Cardassian
Dissident. Glinn. When you play this personnel, name a dilemma. Your opponent removes each copy of that dilemma in his or her dilemma pile from the game, and this personnel is cost -1 for each card removed.
What episode is this personnel from? Or are you just making it up (nothing wrong with that, just curious if that was a consideration)?

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:
Naetor wrote:[Car] (4) •Lasara, Informant
[Stf] [TN] Cardassian
What episode is this personnel from? Or are you just making it up (nothing wrong with that, just curious if that was a consideration)?
Typo on the name, it should be Lasaran: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Lasaran

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] 3 •Deanna Troi, Ranking Officer
[Cmd] Betazoid/Human
•Anthropology •Honor •Leadership •Officer •Telepathy
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D. When you begin a mission attempt involving this personnel and no other Leadership personnel, choose a skill. This personnel gains that skill until the end of the mission attempt.
"I believe Counselor Troi is the senior officer on the bridge."
Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 4
From the Disaster episode, where she, O'Brien, and Ro were left to their own devices on the bridge.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Bor] (3) Command Drone
[Cmd] Borg
[SD] Officer [SD] Programming
Drone. When your Event or Interrupt would be prevented or destroyed, you may remove this personnel from the game to place that Event or Interrupt in your hand instead.
TASK: Maintain information traffic flow through critical nodes. Act as emergency channel to provide directives to drones in case of primary hardware failure.
Int 5 -- Str 5 -- Str 5

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] A New Captain
Order - Remove your Commander that corresponds with your staffed ship from the game to download a different Commander that corresponds with that ship. You may remove this interrupt from the game to place that Commander on that ship.
"Commander Riker, I hereby promote you to the field commission of captain. The Enterprise is your ship now. Congratulations. I wish the circumstances were different."

Not very 2E word savy so any suggestions/corrections to make it more inline with other 2E cards will be appreciated.
Last edited by kingmj4891 on Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
kingmj4891 wrote:Not very 2E word savvy so any suggestions/corrections to make it more inline with other 2E cards will be appreciated.
2E Interrupts need some sort of timing clause that tells you when you can play them; "While your personnel are facing a dilemma", "When you begin an engagement", etc. If this is something you're supposed to be able Execute Orders phase outside of a mission attempt or combat/engagement, you would just need to begin the card with "Order-". I'm not sure I would suggest any other changes to your text - at face value, that seems to be the simplest way to perform those actions. And that is also a cool idea for a deck.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Baj](2) Fulak Puln
[Cmd] Bajoran
[DS9]
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Officer
Attributes are +1 for each non-bajoran officer present (Limit 4)

Int 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5
Lieutenant Fulak saw many things on Deep Space 9 across his unnoticed career

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I'm going to break with my normal tradition and go ahead and post my entry. Some players may recognize this card.
[Baj] (2) Rinnak Pire
Bajoran
[Cmd]
[SD] Acquisition [SD] Navigation [SD] Officer [SD] Programming
While this personnel is aboard your non-unique [Baj] ship, this personnel is the corresponding Commander of that ship.
Captain of a Bajoran transport that docked at Deep Space 9 in 2369. Commanded all manner of Bajoran vessels during his long and successful career.
Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 6
Last edited by GooeyChewie on Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
I've been looking forward to this coming back. :D

My Entry:

[S] *Near Mudor System, Quantum Filament Disaster

[AQ] 35 points

Astrometrics, Engineer, Leadership, Officer and (Cunning > 32 or Integrity > 32)

While at this mission, each Corresponding Commander loses his or her skills and abilities (except keywords.)

“This is the captain. Can anyone hear me?”

Any affiliation may attempt this mission.

Span: 3

Notes: So, why would you want to trap your Corresponding Commanders in a turbolift? Well for starters they might have an ability you'd rather not have trigger like Rachel Garrett, Displaced Captain .

Also the text effects all players Corresponding Commanders at this mission. Kruge, Instinctive Commander looks a lot less of a problem when he can't steal your ship; Kudak'Etan, Arrogant First won't be beaming over; Worf, Noble Warrior won't be shouting Ramming Spead; and Sirol, Diplomatic Adversary won't be making you pay for your Treachery. And don't expect reinforcements from Kurn, Squadron Commander , Lovok, Tal Shiar Colonel , and Weyoun, Warship Commander .

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Baj](3) •Krim, Flag Officer in the Circle
[Cmd]
Astrometrics, Leadership, Navigation, Officer, Security
General. When this personnel uses a skill to complete a [Baj] mission, you may reveal the top three cards of each players deck and discard one personnel revealed.
"We are all patriots, Commander."
Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 6

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]