For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Survey New World and Explore New World exist as Survey New World (Mission in To Boldly Go).
Survival Training exists as Luna, Investigate Anti-Alien Contingent (Mission in this set).

Original:
[Obj] Operate Dilithium Gulag
Seeds or plays on Rura Penthe; rotate mission so that your side now faces opponent. Once per game, at the start of your turn, you may download one personnel with “Rura Penthe” in lore to hand. While you have a captive (or any personnel with “Prisoner” in title) here, you may draw one additional card at the end of each turn. Once solved, each of your [Kli] ships is RANGE +2.
42 V

2E Equivalent:
[Evt] 0 Dilithium Gulag
Plays in your core. While you have a captive, you may replace each [Car] icon in the gametext of Punishment cards you own with a [Kli] icon.
“Rura Penthe!”
“Known throughout the galaxy as the alien's graveyard.”
“Better to kill them now and get it over with.”

Notes:
There. Now the Klingons have access to Awaiting Trial, Inexorable Torture, Labor Camp, Means of Control, Prison Compound, and Tribunal Sentencing. My version of Articles of Jurisprudence even works seamlessly with this new strategy. I’d love to have the Punishment keyword on this card too, but that would be confusing with more than one and I wanted it to be non-unique so the whole deck can’t be torn apart by destroying one event.

Next: 22nd Century Klingon Support Pack

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]