For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
None.

Original:
[Kli] Captain Korok
[Cmd] [1E-AU] OFFICER [22]
Klingon freighter captain. Thief who used intimidation to take deuterium from mining colonies. Ancestor of General Korok. Former pilot.
[SD] ENGINEER [SD] Treachery [SD] Leadership [SD] Geology [SD] Acquisition [SD] Navigation
INTEGRITY 3 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 9
50 V

2E Equivalent:
[Kli] 4 •Korok
Deuterium Marauder
Klingon
[Cmd] [Pa]
•Acquisition •Engineer •Geology •Leadership •Navigation •Officer •Treachery
Commander: I.K.S. Qeng’nIn. Thief.
When you play this personnel, you may discard a [Kli] Thief from hand to make him cost –1. When an opponent discards a card from hand (except during his or her Discard Excess Cards segment), he or she must discard a card from hand.
INTEGRITY 3 CUNNING 6 STRENGTH 7

Notes:
I have a great quote for Korok that doesn’t fit, but this elaborates on his stooges from #1671. The idea is that deuterium is fuel and cards in hand are often used for game fuel, so these guys steal it. Their Thief text is to make them work well as a team, but it’s not entirely necessary to get them to cause trouble. Since we did see his ship, I made up another name of one and I guess that gives me a place to use the quote.

Bonus:
[Kli] 4 •I.K.S. Qeng’nIn
Deuterium Tanker
[Cmd]
D-5 Class
[Pa]
Order – Make each player draw two cards and discard a card from hand. You may do this only once each turn.
“I can get deuterium anywhere. I come here because I like you, when you show me hospitality and respect.”
RANGE 6 WEAPONS 5 SHIELDS 5

Next: Captain Sidekick
Last edited by The Guardian on Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I think the ship could use a limit on its Order (once per turn?), otherwise it could deck someone out on turn 1.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Danny wrote:I think the ship could use a limit on its Order (once per turn?), otherwise it could deck someone out on turn 1.
Right. Duh. Thanks.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]