For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Every once in a while, we get the 2E conversion of a 1E card. This project converts each 1E card that does not have a 2E version yet. Generally, I take a gameplay standpoint and avoid overpowered mechanics. I work within the mechanics, icons, and keywords we already have. I try to retain the spirit of the card in some fashion, even if I have to change story for gameplay or vice versa. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
None.

Original:
[Vul]Sopek
[Cmd] [1E-AU] OFFICER [22]
Typical Vulcan captain. V’Shar agent working for the High Command. Spied on by Shran. Led a rescue mission on Coridan. Often patrols the Klaestron sector.
[SD] V’Shar [SD] Leadership [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Computer Skill
INTEGRITY 7 CUNNING 7 STRENGTH 8
82 P

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 4 •Sopek
Senior Sector Officer
Vulcan
[Cmd] [Pa]
•Diplomacy •Intelligence •Law •Leadership •Officer •Programming •Security
Commander: Ni’Var.
When you win combat involving this personnel, you may place your Vulcan in an opponent’s brig present or take a Vulcan from your discard pile into hand.
“Since the situation involves a Vulcan officer, we will take over the investigation. It would be best if you refrained from any foolish endeavors.”
INTEGRITY 5 CUNNING 7 STRENGTH 7

Notes:
This was the one (there almost always is one) that doesn’t seem like a universal personnel to me. The D’kyr had a captain too, and with no lines. The V’Shar could have been given to T’Lam. Oh, well. I gave him his Commander keyword and an ability to run a rescue mission. I suppose it’s an ability about arrogant superiority. You have to have higher Strength. (I hope I haven’t lost my chance to make the Ni’Var…)

Next: Special Equipment

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]