For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
dragoncymru wrote:Ok the syntax might be a little woolly but you get what I'm trying to say?
Yes;
SudenKapala wrote:I do understand what you mean now, BTW.
:) :thumbsup:

My trying to help out goes in different directions; sometimes comes in the form of constructive criticism. But that means that I take your ideas seriously. :wink: And since I think that syntax and wording are very important in the game, I may focus on that if I feel I have something to contribute.

I like the ideas in general -- it's an interesting way of... well, making artifacts usable again. Possibly even great! 8) I wouldn't have thought of the mechanic of stocking them and "playing" them from hand.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
dragoncymru wrote:(...) So either Indiana Jones (it belongs in a museum) (...)
Here,
SudenKapala wrote:(...) Also...
Danny wrote:The 2E idea... seems like a nice suggestion. Probably workable, though not quite as easily as the Borg drone thing. It belongs on the list.
Indy Jones wrote:It belongs in a museum.
-- I actually stole Dragon's joke. But in my defense -- I often make it. Which in this case reminded me that I should react to the above [Art] Indiana Jones reference, here.

I loved Indiana Jones when I was a kid -- especially the books. The American series was great; but the German books were even better. And then The Young Indy Chronicles -- I still love that series, its meta-canon with all those historical figures, and WWI education... nicely done.

And in 1995, my first home-made custom Trek cards were of Young Indy and grown-up Indy (the 3rd was of Bashir -- or maybe that one was slightly before the Indies). 8)
Ta-Ta-Taa-Taaaaa!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
OK. Much better, but not quite there yet. It's quite understandable, but it's not yet fully in the vein of the usual card language. I'm quite the grammar inspector when it comes to cards, so please interpret this as having a good idea that is viable and almost perfect.
At least I have enough inspiration now, and ground work, to try something myself.

It's quite a challenge to word it corretly (as with many dream cards, I find). For the phrase which names the applicable artifacts and where they come from I've thought of 2 iterations. Which one do y'all think is best -- or can you think of / is there something better? I'm still not fully satified.
Museum of Antiquity
Seed or Play on your Facility. If you have Archaeology x2 + no Greed present, place beneath this card your Artifact currently in play (must be present if possible) or from your hand; score 5 points for each such artifact beneath this card (limit 3).
(If you use multiple point earnings, I think you should not want to use the point box. I think this is the better "artifact targetter".)

Illegal Auction
Seed or play on your Ferenginar, Neutral or Non-Aligned Outpost or Ferengi Trading Post. If you have Archaeology + Acquisition + Greed present, place beneath this card your Artifact which is present or was played on table (or an Artifact from your hand); score 3 points and you may download one Gold Pressed Latinum here.

(A [DL] suspends play and thus can be done at any moment; having it as an additional reward/payment would, to me, be better represented by a normal, local download ("here"). You could make it a [DL] which can be used at another time... but it feels weird somehow. To me, at least.
The "was played on table" prase might be mistaken -- very loosely -- as that it may come from discard pile or outside of play, if it EVER was on table. Only using "from table" seems not really correct either, though. I vote for the top version, so far.)

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

@winterflames Do you still have this event goin[…]

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]