For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So I was reading today's Borg 1E Spotlight Series article and the notion of Borg skipping out on Gender dilemmas got me thinking. Then I started thinking of something that would allow gender dilemmas to be strong again. I feel like some stuff like Shore Leave (and other dilemmas/cards) that allowed downloading/seeding extra dilemmas mid-attempt are so fascinating and wish the CC would continue to recreate more of those. I then thought, what could possibly stop the Borg and I thought "Hey, the Qs could!" and then realized that [Q] icon cards are far and in between with only the introduction of 1 [Q] card in the past 16 years. I know [Q] cards are a little funky, but overall, I thought Q-Flash is such a great card and I also feel Beware of Q should be unbanned.

Anyways, I decided to go the path of the CC with taking an old door way and putting a new spin on it. Limiting its main original function, but opening up new possibilities and making some specific cards stronger and more fun.

So I introduce Q-Flash: Amanda's Gazebo. In this episode of TNG ("True Q"), we are introduced to Amanda Rogers who finds out she's a Q, from no other than our favorite Q....Q! So while Amanda is learning her powers, she has a crush on William Riker. By teleporting herself and Riker to this secluded area, she tries to make Riker fall in love with her and I felt this was a perfect way to allow a fun door-way/side deck that makes gender related dilemmas and Q-Flash great again! It also helps a little against those pesky Borg! I hope you enjoy :)

[Door] Q-Flash: Amanda's Gazebo
Place one atop Q-Continuum side deck (up to 13 [Q] icon cards and/or dilemmas with "Amanda", "Fantasy", "Love", or "Romance" in the title) during the seed phase. Q-Continuum is now open and in play. You may seed [Q] and [1E-AU] dilemmas. [Q] icon cards and dilemmas you download must come from here (ignoring cards that prevent downloading). When opponent encounters Q-Flash you may download and seed two [Q] icon cards from here. When a [Bor] personnel encounters any dilemma with "male" or "female" in the requirements, randomly "stops" one personnel present until the end of the next turn.

~D

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
HoodieDM wrote:Q-Flash: Amanda's Gazebo
Every card game needs a Gazebo.

Is it a level 8 Gazebo though? ;)

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Sorry - that card is not good.

Here's why... you can't make the original Q-Flash card irrelevant.

When design created another Q's Tent (Civil War) they added these restrictions to make sure the original was not obsolete:
Your other Q-related side decks are closed and cannot be opened or reopened. You may not play Q's Tent during your turn. You may not begin mission attempts with less than four personnel.

The only limit to your version is the new Continuum side deck is limited to 13 cards (which is not a lot - considering non- [Q] cards would not be returned to the side deck).

Also, this would make it VERY easier to get 100 points from Gift of the Tormentor.

Here's my version of your Gazebo...

[D] Amanda's Gazebo
[countdown icon 3]
Place on mission. Requirements of dilemmas with "Amanda", "Fantasy", "Love", or "Romance" in the title are doubled here and first stop one personnel (including [Bor] ) when revealed.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:Sorry - that card is not good.

Here's why... you can't make the original Q-Flash card irrelevant.

When design created another Q's Tent (Civil War) they added these restrictions to make sure the original was not obsolete:
Your other Q-related side decks are closed and cannot be opened or reopened. You may not play Q's Tent during your turn. You may not begin mission attempts with less than four personnel.

The only limit to your version is the new Continuum side deck is limited to 13 cards (which is not a lot - considering non- [Q] cards would not be returned to the side deck).
So several things I can respond to that. Q-Flash is almost already irrelevant. Q-Tents for most of its purposes became irrelevant when Civil War first came out. Only once the CC finally started refixing Ref cards has it seen a resurgence. Next, your view on the [Q] cards are valid. If it seems too powerful, then okay, you cant seed [Q] cards. The objective is to be limited to what Q cards you can play bc you only have about 5-6 to choose from. Which arent even all the greatest, its mostly there for theme to add some stuff to male/female filters. And true, could be a bit more restrictive on all dilemma downloads must come from the Gazebo.

Overall tho, its not perfect, never is. Itd have to go thru vigarous playtesting. Its not something Id get to do :-)

~D

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Amanda Cards just 2 [Q] Events.
Fantasy card. Singular.
Love cards are just the 4 Interests.
Brief and parallel are the 2 Romance cards.

Puts us at a 9 card side deck right now... That is a hard limit.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:Amanda Cards just 2 [Q] Events.
Fantasy card. Singular.
Love cards are just the 4 Interests.
Brief and parallel are the 2 Romance cards.

Puts us at a 9 card side deck right now... That is a hard limit.
I didnt limit it to combo dilemmas. And I left it open for more CC creativity in the [Q] section on purpose ;-) ;-)

Plus I didnt put "13 different" so you can put in some repeats.

~D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like links and counting...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
One little thing worth noting is that there are 7 lines on the Q-icon card template and this card (by my count) is 12 lines long:
Place one atop Q-Continuum side deck (up to 13 [Q]
icon cards and/or dilemmas with "Amanda", "Fantasy",
"Love", or "Romance" in the title) during the seed
phase. Q-Continuum is now open and in play. You may
seed [Q] and [1E-AU] dilemmas. [Q] icon cards and
dilemmas you download must come from here
(ignoring cards that prevent downloading). When
opponent encounters Q-Flash you may download and
seed two [Q] icon cards from here. When a [Bor]
personnel encounters any dilemma with "male" or
"female" in the requirements, randomly "stops" one
personnel present until the end of the next turn.
That said, I really like the idea of making Borg face something with gendered dilemmas, and the final effect is as good as anything I've come up with to date.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Did this idea get slipped into production? Hmm...
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]