What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 pm

UnMasked 
Delta Quadrant

Region: Qo'noS
Post UnMasked
[Int] Interrupt
[1E-AU] Unmasked
Suspends play once every turn to do one of the following: download a version of a personna you have in play from hand, Q's Tent, or Zalkonian Storage Capsule to immediately personna swap that card with one you have in play; OR nullify a Mask of Korugano at any spaceline location; OR expose an infiltrator. Player whose card is discarded scores points, you lose points. [+/-1]

EHCCGPP wrote:
Continued Existence + Pretty Cards > Continued Existence

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 am
Beta Quadrant

Post Re: UnMasked
Why the Mask of Korgano effect? Are we really that scared of the card? Not sure why point should be lost or gained either.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:07 pm
Delta Quadrant

Slayer07 wrote:
Why the Mask of Korgano effect? Are we really that scared of the card? Not sure why point should be lost or gained either.

Um, because it is Un-Mask-ed. It was thematic for it to also remove a mask, but only in the here and now. No out of time or historical Korgano unmasking, so there is an easy way to avoid being unmasked, but it takes effort.

The point thing was mostly to avoid constant recursion, could easily be 0 pts or remove from game effect.

EHCCGPP wrote:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:16 am
Delta Quadrant

Region: Cardassia
I would rather have it create a broken link "nullify a Mask of Masaka" (since it was the more powerful of the two Masks.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am
Delta Quadrant

winterflames wrote:
[Int] Interrupt
[1E-AU] Unmasked
Suspends play once every turn to do one of the following: download a version of a personna you have in play to immediately personna swap that card with one you have in play; OR nullify a card with Mask in title; OR expose an infiltrator. [0]

I have been thinking, and a bit of clean up seemed in order. I really want the expose an infiltrator to do it by downloading the person they are impersonating, but i dont know game terms to refer to the person who can expose an impersonator. And that phrase is long and clunky and may not actually have any game meaning.

EHCCGPP wrote:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 am
Delta Quadrant

Region: Cardassia
winterflames wrote:
winterflames wrote:
[Int] Interrupt
[1E-AU] Unmasked
Suspends play once every turn to do one of the following: download a version of a personna you have in play to immediately personna swap that card with one you have in play; OR nullify a card with Mask in title; OR expose an infiltrator. [0]

I have been thinking, and a bit of clean up seemed in order. I really want the expose an infiltrator to do it by downloading the person they are impersonating, but i dont know game terms to refer to the person who can expose an impersonator. And that phrase is long and clunky and may not actually have any game meaning.

I like that better - because it actually would nullify The Clown: Beneath the Mask

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:36 am
Beta Quadrant

That makes it a bit better. I mean let's be honest when was the last time you saw someone play Mask of Korgaon. I don't know who often the other one shows up either but at least it's something.

I would almost prefer a persona side deck myself though.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 pm