For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've been thinking about something. Maybe there can be a way to make one want to only use a specific era of cards. Let me try to come with something. My attempt to make time locations unnecessary.

[Inc] Your Time is Finally Here
Seeds or plays on table. You may only seed [22] facilities. [22] headquarters and stations play to the mission corresponding to the time location on their card. You may not have a time location in play. Once per turn, one [22] card may report for free to your [22] facility. If you play or have played a non- [22] card, discard incident.

[22] versions of [Kli] and [Rom] outposts would be needed. It's a rough draft. This would basically, for you, make the 22nd-century the 'present'. Versions of this for [OS] and [CF] could work. Just like to hear some thoughts of this. If this has any possibility of working, let me know.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I think it solves the mechanical problem. But. The mechanical side of this was always the easy part to fix.

The hard part is the story side. [22] have to report to the past because it would be strange for them to be able to play directly on to a "present" spaceline with (say) the Cardassians. 2E does that, but 1E has always held the line on it as a matter of Trek Sense.

So the trick is finding a story that makes it work.

This is something I've toyed with off and on for months (and months):
[Evt] Black Star
“...like snapping a rubber band, the breakaway sent us plunging through space, out of control, to stop here, wherever we are.”
Seed one at a span>4 mission; download an [OS] ship here (it is damaged) and Crew Reassignment. Your [OS] cards may report here (for free, once each turn, if you did not seed Protect the Timeline), then discard one of your non- [OS] ships or personnel (if any).
It has its own problems, but I liked (and still like) how it gives [OS] dudes a good solid time travel-based excuse to be on the spaceline, reporting for free.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]